Blackvue Drive Recorders - Group Buy - LIST NOW CLOSED.

BossFox

Few problems with me. Put the card in and connected it to the 12v. Let it all boot up, Then it starts talking Japanese. Left it for 5 mins when I tidied the cables then brought it in to see what it recorded. Plugged the card into the adapter and into my PC. PC finds reader no problem but wants me to format the card. Any ideas?

Thanks john, I've changed the config file to say English but that hasn't made any difference at all. The other method on that link you sent must be quite old as the links to download different firm ware are broken.

Anybody help??

Fitz.

After a bit more experimenting I've managed to get the software to run (partially) under wine on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) :) Unfortunately it's an oldish box and the full HD video is a little slow.

Oddly enough the .mp4 files on the drive appear to run too fast under my usual video player (mplayer) and the video stops before the sound! It makes for an entertaining watch and feels a bit more like BossFox's GTR videos :) Plays fine on Windows as expected.

Needs some more investigation, but looking promising.

Edit: The videos play fine in VLC and on the telly. Even SWMBO's impressed with what it does!

Edited by dbg400

Thanks john, I've changed the config file to say English but that hasn't made any difference at all. The other method on that link you sent must be quite old as the links to download different firm ware are broken.

Anybody help??

Fitz.

I'll have a look tomorrow.

I'd try reformating the card once it's told the camera it should be working in English.

These settings are usually saved to the camera from the last config file it saw.

Just took mine out to the car to try and initiate it. Plugged it in and it just started recording right away :D I brought it back inside and was able to play it back on my blackvue app already installed from the first one I got. Well, how undramatic and efficient! haha! :D

What I have done though is just to change the settings so it records 10 minute clips (dr400g max is 3 minutes, maybe due to higher resolution?) and change speed to MPH. As its going in the back screen I'll likely turn off all the LED lights on it too so it is not a distraction in the rear view mirror.

It's not the card. Bought a new one and plugged it straight in, acted like it's recording fine. Still no idea what she's saying. Event warning is too sensitive though. Plug card in using supplied card reader and the same again. Wants to format it but then can't

According to the website the 400v2 should have "UK voice", meaning English firmware.

Having just plugged in a unit I have here it's clearly got the Korean Firmware still.

So I've contacted the supplier for the English firmware.

I'm not going to start downloading software from unknown sources on the internet.

I know the 300 units are English.

Anyone plugged in a 380 yet?

Picked this up from the post office this morning Richard.

Well packaged and all looks ok.

Wont have time to set it up - but looks like i will need new English firmware....

Please advise when you know more.

Cheers,

Ste.

I've had contact with the supplier.

Unknown to them they were shipped a batch of Korean units with the wrong (non-UK) firmware.

They are looking into resolving it now.

Thanks for your patience.

The 400 unit I received has the UK voice and menus. Hopefully will have it installed properly over the Christmas break.

Well that's odd, it must have been from a different batch.

Thanks for letting me know.

I've just collected mine from the local sorting office, thank you Santa Fox :sun:

Will go plug it in to see if I can understand what it's saying.

My 400g turned up today, unfortunately it is also the Korean version

Unfortunately mine is too and I have absolutely no understanding of the Korean language.

Gaz