Steamy

Loz1012

Can anyone help -

recently my skoda has starting steaming up - when i come to it on a morning its ridiculously steamed up.

One of the rear mats was soaked but I removed that.

A newspaper in the boot was crumpled too.

What does this mean?

Can anyone help -

recently my skoda has starting steaming up - when i come to it on a morning its ridiculously steamed up.

One of the rear mats was soaked but I removed that.

A newspaper in the boot was crumpled too.

What does this mean?

Newspaper crumpled in the boot ? Crap newspaper or someone trying to start a fire in the boot ?

You've a tramp living in your boot.

Water in the rear wheel well? I see you've a Fabia rather than an Octy but it's worth a look.

There is obviously moisture in the car. Even if you have taken the soaked mat out there is probably residual dampness. Try running the air con to dry the car out. Also make sure you are not running the ventilation on recirculation mode. Check the air intakes are not blocked - if you lift the bonnet there will be a channel in front of the windscreen, there should be drain holes in this to stop water collecting. These can't get block with leaves and so water will sit in the channel and get sucked in with the ventilation.

Do you park under trees regularly? If so the drain tubes for the air con might be blocked.

The bottom of the casing where the evaporator behined the dash then feels up with water, you chuck it round a roundabout and hey presto wet carpets BUT that would be in the front not the rear.

My former Fabia II vRS and my current Fabia TDi mist up without fail, the carpets are bone dry as is the lining under the carpets - I have checked! The pollen filter is dry, the door cards do not leak, spare wheel well dry as a bone but NO WATER ANYWHERE, some Skoda's steam up, some don't. It's the luck of the draw. My Octavia is awful but is also bone dry. Part of Skoda ownership me thinks.

Stick a domestic dehumidifing unit (http://www.dehumidifiersuk.com/c/271841/1/domestic-dehumidifiers.html ) in the car during the day, say weekend. Some need a small heater to make it work better as they do not produce enough heat to kick start the evaporation process. If your car is bone dry you might be getting same as I do. Especially after a gym session in the evening when I get in my vRS within seconds it is steamed up so badly I have to sit and wait until ventilation can get rid of it.

I have just solved this same problem in my octy. Bought condensation pouches from amazon. "Thomar 604100 Car Dehumidifier ThoMar AirDry Set "

Work a treat. Have never had condensation since i started using them. Cant recommend them enough. I didnt bother looking for dodgy door seals as my moisture problem is due to having a dog in the boot.

My condensation was terrible. Now i have none at all.

I have just solved this same problem in my octy. Bought condensation pouches from amazon. "Thomar 604100 Car Dehumidifier ThoMar AirDry Set "

Work a treat. Have never had condensation since i started using them. Cant recommend them enough. I didnt bother looking for dodgy door seals as my moisture problem is due to having a dog in the boot.

My condensation was terrible. Now i have none at all.

Just ordered these thank you

Occasionally during cold wet weather I have a problem with the inside the windscreen. The level of condensation is excessive and the amount of water has to be towelled away before demisting the screen with max fan and air con has any affect. I've not experienced anything as bad with other cars in recent years, but it doesn't happen that often thankfully. I can't find any trace of dampness in the carpets. I'm not sure what the cause can be.

A cheaper alternative to the 'car dehumidifier' is to fill a plastic food container with silica cat litter (new rather than used :giggle: ) and punch some holes in the lid. Place on top of the dashboard when the car is left standing.

Twice now I've had ice/frost on the inside if my screen. Just ordered some of those Thomas things to try.

I'm not aware of any dampness in the car but will check the carpets and in the spare wheel layer. It's a pain

Moisture will just be the residual that's come in on feet and clothing then condenses on the glass which will be a colder surface, happens this time every year especially with the bloody rain we've just had

Twice now I've had ice/frost on the inside if my screen. Just ordered some of those Thomas things to try.

I'm not aware of any dampness in the car but will check the carpets and in the spare wheel layer. It's a pain

Just home after scraping inside of mine, again! Car was in dealers couple of times last year but they couldn't find anything. Might as well try them again!

Edited by Bishopton