Octavia vRS

Didn't mean anything by it anyway, I hope you didn't take offense.

Not at all! I guess the vRS isn't my sort of car to be honest. But I'll see what it looks like at Goodwood Festival of Speed in a couple of weeks.

Popped in to see my local dealer on Friday to see when they would be getting a vRS demonstrator.  The email form Skoda UK indicates that they will be with the dealers by 1 August.  Salesman confirmed that they will probably have a lot of toys!  Also likely to be an combi.

It can be ordered from 17th July and the expectation is that first deliveries to customers will be made by the end of Sept.

So 10 weeks or so if ordered when it becomes available.  Better than the wait I had for the current car (4 months from order to delivery back in 2010) but probably optimistic.

Tbh not many will trade in as a lot of people on here went for the blackline, as for people with non blacklines that a difrent question haha.

I think the problem us alot if he current gen VRS owners got them VAT free and so it's a big jump in cost to go to the new one
  • Like 1

I think the problem us alot if he current gen VRS owners got them VAT free and so it's a big jump in cost to go to the new one

Correct. My white facelift CR hatch with a raft of nice options such as xenons was only £18k under that offer.

+1, not excited. Perhaps it's the wheels and ride height.

Me neither, and I would agree those are certainly significant factors.

No, something completely different next. A7, B8 S4 or Jag XJ. But then I want to do some big things to my house more than that, so I'll probably just be driving mine for a good while yet. :)

Hopefully the canton stereo option is standard on the vrs as seen in pics, about time it had a sound system upgrade as standard.

It's a 423 eur option here.

I agree with the sentiments above...  these two in the pic below just look way too similar.

post-55900-0-56659900-1372670639_thumb.jpg

Yes the vRS has smoked headlights and a subtle tweak to the bumper below the headlights as well as different fogs.  BUT you only see this side by side next to a bread and butter version.  In isolation there is little menace alas - it does not look sporty enough.  But hopefully decent wheels will add that.  All the chrome is also a bit jarring for a more sporty model.  Hopefully a de-chrome "black" version will be offered?

• Like 1

Red is nice too, looks like it's got a black roof?

That's because of the sunroof. Not whole roof is in black though...

skoda-octavia-rs_III_2013_4.jpg

Edited by giggs

The dealers hear say they can't see them selling very well. Most rs owners will not be trading up as there not impressed so far

As an owner of 2 Octavia vRS's I felt the new car is too big, looks bad from the back, and as posted previous have jumped ship and gone for the Leon FR with the 184BHP diesel. I would not be surprised if a fair few vRS owner migrate to the new Leon FR to be honest

• Like 2

Hopefully a de-chrome "black" version will be offered?

At the moment it will, as no chrome window surrounds are available, then its Superskoda to the rescue for a black grille! :rofl:

At the moment it will, as no chrome window surrounds are available, then its Superskoda to the rescue for a black grille! :rofl:

But the one on that picture certainly had chrome all the way around the windows...  But yes I looked again and the green one has black windows surrounds (infinitely better looking as a result) and the hatch has chrome only to the lower part of the windows.

There's a "Black Edition" pack available that's going to have the front grille, side mirrors, roof bars and window surrounds in black (just as in the official photos). It's a 60 euro option in France.

The picture above with the red car is indeed the pre-production test mule, but the only difference is that the diffuser and exhausts are blacked out. The final vehicle looks very similar to that.

• Like 1

Thats not a production ready car.

It's pretty much what it will look like tho,red does nothing for it. Red looks better in the current facelift.

I'm picturing the grey with the 19s,will look the best I think :) in hatch of course not the hearse.

Just had an email to say 0% pcp will be offered on the vRS

Similar pcp thing is been offered in Ireland the last while,is this where u never actually own ur car though?

My guess would be across the entire Skoda range as the dealer was hinting that that's what the new offer would be. Skoda UK want to get away from the VAT free offers.

Similar pcp thing is been offered in Ireland the last while,is this where u never actually own ur car though?

Skoda will be happy if you just roll it over onto a new car at the end of the three years, but you can just make the (large) final payment and keep the car which is what I'd do.

• Like 1