DRLs being confused as Fogs

CRASH67

They are only Parking lights when the car is Parked and the indicator stalk down to the right or left.

One Sidelight to the front and rear and one number plate light on with a vRS.

I must have missed the Bit in the manual that says not to use the Sidelights alone.

Which page is it on please?

The Highway Code still says to Switch on Sidelights when driving on roads with street lights during the hours of dark.

Luckily most of us go the full hog and put on the combination of sidelights & dipped beam in that situation.

george

They are only Parking lights when the car is Parked and the indicator stalk down to the right or left.

One Sidelight to the front and rear and one number plate light on with a vRS.

I must have missed the Bit in the manual that says not to use the Sidelights alone.

Which page is it on please?

The Highway Code still says to Switch on Sidelights when driving on roads with street lights during the hours of dark.

Luckily most of us go the full hog and put on the combination of sidelights & dipped beam in that situation.

george

Mk1 fabia owners manual its page 43... In the mk2 manual its on page 45...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You must have different books.

Lights are page 48 on my mk2 manual.

i will try to see why a CZ Car manufacturer is saying not to use Sidelights when driving in the UK.

Or maybe you can quote what it says.

EDIT,

i see it.

page 48

'WARNING'.

'Never drive with sidelights on~risk of accident!

The sidelights are not bright enough to light up the road

sufficiently in front of you or to be seen by other road oncoming traffic.

In this case,

always switch on the low beam when it is dark or if visibility is poor.'

Great advice, for driving in the dark or poor visibility,

but it does not say

'do not use your vRS sidelights during clear weather and daytime,'

Sidelights which are as bright or not brighter than most peoples DRL's.

or

Do not put on during the day instead of the stupidly bright DRL's that annoy other drivers.!

Funnily the vRS Sidelights are far brighter than just about every other car of which the Highway Code says use Sidelights in Street Lit areas from Dusk to Dawn.

Just as well we all have some common sense & drive safely.

george

Its the few who drive in a manner which i think is just plain dangerous, like slamming the brakes on for no reason trying to cause an accident. idiots like this will never learn and clearly shouldnt be allowed out on their own

Any idea why they might be applying their brakes on purpose?

Interesting watching all these VW's parking, they arrive with Fog Lights on & as they try to reverse into parking places the new game for my Grand Children is how often one or other fog lights go on and off as they attempt to reverse into a space..

Both cornering foglights illuminate when the car is in reverse (Seat, Skoda, VW & Audi), so I assume you mean when they are attempting to drive forwards into a space?

Silver1001, I mean what i say.

They are attempting a reverse and try to line up, turning steering, light on light off on off..

The object of the exercise being to get into a space big enough for most other drivers.

Almost standard widths across the Super Markets and Shopping Car Parks.

Are you a Fog Light on in daylight user or something that you always need to defend the users and abusers of them?

Or do you have Cornering DRL's ?

george

Any idea why they might be applying their brakes on purpose?

im assuming because i wont knock the 'fogs' off, little did they know i couldnt and the last time was on a straight stretch of road with no turnings off, believe me the way he stopped it was on purpose

Silver1001, I mean what i say.

They are attempting a reverse and try to line up, turning steering, light on light off on off..

The object of the exercise being to get into a space big enough for most other drivers.

Almost standard widths across the Super Markets and Shopping Car Parks.

Are you a Fog Light on in daylight user or something that you always need to defend the users and abusers of them?

Or do you have Cornering DRL's ?

No George, only that your claim that the cornering fog lights flashing on and off through steering wheel inputs whilst the car was in reverse isn't possible.

im assuming because i wont knock the 'fogs' off, little did they know i couldnt and the last time was on a straight stretch of road with no turnings off, believe me the way he stopped it was on purpose

Why someone would do that is beyond belief.

You both end up in a smoking pile of car crash carnage, and the other drivers defence? I thought you had your fogs on :no:

This does support my theory though that people are more annoyed about the thought of someone driving with their front fogs on rather than actually being dazzled by them.

Why someone would do that is beyond belief.

You both end up in a smoking pile of car crash carnage, and the other drivers defence? I thought you had your fogs on :no:

This does support my theory though that people are more annoyed about the thought of someone driving with their front fogs on rather than actually being dazzled by them.

It is usually that something ran out in front of them, causing them to brake. The driver behind is always at fault for following too closely.

Cue the whiplash claim, car hire charges and every last penny they can get...

I'm not sure what intrigues me the most, your flat cap, your posts or the tash :giggle:

I think the user name gives it away...

mav·er·ick

a person pursuing rebellious, even potentially disruptive, policies or ideas: You can't muzzle a maverick. Synonyms: rebel, cowboy; loose cannon.

I'm not sure what intrigues me the most, your flat cap, your posts or the tash :giggle:

I think the user name gives it away...

mav·er·ick

a person pursuing rebellious, even potentially disruptive, policies or ideas: You can't muzzle a maverick. Synonyms: rebel, cowboy; loose cannon.

The tash was photoshopped on for Movember, guess that needs updating really... Haha

Useful post this. My Monte is on order, ETA 8 -12 week. I was wanting to activate the DRL's as it makes me more noticable and therefore lends to safety on the road. I once read an interesting statistic, somewhere, that reported that people who drove with lights on during the day where involved in less accidents.

However, on reading how negative other road ass***** are about Skoda drivers who have their DRL's on, now I'm not to sure.

To activate or not to activate...that is the question?

Useful post this. My Monte is on order, ETA 8 -12 week. I was wanting to activate the DRL's as it makes me more noticable and therefore lends to safety on the road. I once read an interesting statistic, somewhere, that reported that people who drove with lights on during the day where involved in less accidents.

However, on reading how negative other road ass***** are about Skoda drivers who have their DRL's on, now I'm not to sure.

To activate or not to activate...that is the question?

Also you'll have the egg yellow drls unlike the vrs which are like a lighthouse, next thing will be you'll be wanting LEDs for it lol

I thing he most dangerous things about DRLs is peoples use/understanding of them .ive seen people drive through some heavy rain (alot of spray etc) with DRLs thinking headlights aren't required not realising the rear isn't illuminated.

People seem to used there light different when they have DRL's when really you shouldn't need to.

But i do odd looks due to where they are placed. If they had been built in to the headlight unit, i dont think i would get as many funny looks.

I thing he most dangerous things about DRLs is peoples use/understanding of them .ive seen people drive through some heavy rain (alot of spray etc) with DRLs thinking headlights aren't required not realising the rear isn't illuminated.

People seem to used there light different when they have DRL's when really you shouldn't need to.

But i do odd looks due to where they are placed. If they had been built in to the headlight unit, i dont think i would get as many funny looks.

That's what the fogs are for lol ;)