Recommend me some flat blades :)

simmo3187

Hi

Only had my fabia vrs since August and the first thing I did was get some flat blades

Got them from wiper blades.co.uk who sent me the wrong ones twice

In fairness I didn't go for the Bosch ones do they're not that great

I need to change them now and do t want to spend a fortune

Can anyone recommend any (even eBay ones) that are any good?

Cheers

+1 Bosch aerotwin. Put such a massive smile on your face for such a small thing. No squeeking no dragging across the screen. Clear all the water and look good. What more could you want. You won't be disappointed.

Got some cheap-y eBay ones for about £3 (worth a try IMO). They're alright - there's a bit where the blade isn't pushed to the screen fully, but I guess that's a design trait of the car.

They squeak a little bit when damp too, although I dunno if that's related to the non-pushed down bit. For the money they're alright though (10% of the BOSCH ones after).

ive just fitted the genuine upgrade to flat blades see how i get on with them and let you know

is there any upgrade for the rear to aero blade ?

I fitted the Polo 9N3 aero rear wiper to my Fabia yesterday as per this guide:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/126916-fabia-i-vw-polo-rear-aero-wiper-fitting-guide/page__p__2477560__hl__polo+wiper__fromsearch__1#entry2477560

It looks a lot better than the standard one.

Do all fabia mk1 come with aeros as standard?

No

They come with conventional metal framed ones, with a hook type of fixing. However the Passenger one is curved. The Mk2 has Aeros as standard.

I am happy with my Bosch retrofit ones that I bought a few years ago from Andrew Page. At the time they were cheaper than Wiperblades website.

Recently we bought some Trico aero blades from Opie for our other Fabia and are happy with them too. http://www.opieoils....-lookup#results The passenger one is 18" not 19", but that doesn't seam to bother us.

I fitted the Polo 9N3 aero rear wiper to my Fabia yesterday as per this guide:

http://www.briskoda...._1#entry2477560

It looks a lot better than the standard one.

I've always wondered if the rear wiper of a mk2 Fabia would fit without having to do any modifications to it.

I'm very tempted to buy the Bosch retrofit rear flat rear one that should fit into the excising arm. http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/skoda-fabia-hatchback-years-2000-to-2007/bosch-a350h-wiper-blade/ From the outside it won't look any different to the standard wiper.

A few months ago I bought some wiperblades.co.uk own brand flat blades. They were fine for a couple of weeks, then the squeaking started.

I can't stand squeaking wipers so I binned them for some more expensive valeo flat blades which are much better, but just recently the passenger side has started squeaking.

I've come to the conclusion that the wiper arm springs on my car are not up to flat blades and I am planning to go back to standard wipers.

Balls to giving all my money to Bosch...that said though they do put a lot of testing into the wipers and so I'm sure the quality is unsurpassable

The design may have millions of hours but I'm sure it all comes from China

For a wee bit of rubber my last ones were from ebay and were cheap as chips, do the job too and no squeek (or bubble), no need to spend that kind of silly money. Although if I need a new pair and the price is reasonable enough I would consider Aeros.

Ran these for over a year though, through MOT and seem to disperse rain fine, better than the original Bosch blades anyway. As a small issue I have noticed occasionally when washing etc a tendency to catch the mechanism that locks the blade so in the last year twice it has been raised up and needed relocking down, not a big issue.

(Seller mr-wiper)

Just noticed though, mine were under £7 delivered but they are now almost £9 :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-21-19-Flat-Aero-VU-Front-Hooked-Car-Wiper-Blades-Windscreen-Window-Set-/280893072170?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AFabia&hash=item416688232a

Previously had a pair of aero wipers from autobulbsdirect. They lasted nearly 2 years but became very noisy in the last 6 months and never really cleared the screen that well. Changed to the bosch aerotwins the other week in preparation for MOT and they are well worth the extra few quid. Quiet, smooth operation and good contact with the screen across the whole action. Got them for about £15 with the brisky discount at eurocarparts.

They are up to £30 in some places, I guess the price varies depending on how much they will discount

Thats not a bad price from ECP though, I bet its about half what Halfrauds charge

They did a program showing the effort behind the Bosch blades. To be honest it does kind of make sense when you see the level of detail that goes into the design.

Then again the £6 ones from mr-wiper seem to still be holding up for now lol

I've had Bosch Areotwins on mine for awhile now, got them off the bay for £22. Clear the screen great and no horrible screech, win win!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by MrAndyT