The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread.

BossFox

I find that the blackvue footage does appear to give a slightly accelerated view of the world, not sure why that should be.

From my research in dashcams. The cheaper ones record in 29 or 27 fps while blackvue and gopros record in 30 fps. I have no idea how much that impacts the visible "speed" of the footage, but it might have something to do with it.

Also got this one I've shortened the clip but stationary at a red traffic light for two and a half to three mins before the video starts

^ Hate it when lights stop working. Everyone starts doing unbelievably stupid things. And then when the police arrives and starts directing traffic nobody has the guts to move.

Edited by DaKKs_152

First test footage. Just picked it up from the post office. F900FHD dash cam, set me back about 32 quid. 1280x720p.

EDIT: Also, this is from my own cam. I'm not allowed to upload anything from the work truck.

Edited by DaKKs_152

Going back to the bus thing.... Both vehicles are about to enter the roundabout at 0:27 on the video. Highway code says give way to vehicles on a round about, not approaching.. He He.

MartynVRS, nice pot hole avoidance / racing line :giggle:

Going back to the bus thing.... Both vehicles are about to enter the roundabout at 0:27 on the video. Highway code says give way to vehicles on a round about, not approaching.. He He.

MartynVRS, nice pot hole avoidance / racing line :giggle:

When reaching the roundabout you should

• give priority to traffic approaching from your right, unless directed otherwise by signs, road markings or traffic lights

• Like 1

Bit of info - this particular stretch brings 2 roads together and drivers merge into the lanes, depending on which way they are going. People always brake a little, as the corner is blind... and with there being traffic lights just round the bend, you don't want to end up in the back of someone else.

So, I see the brake lights come on...

"Oh, usual braking to slow on the corner... oh maybe not... oooooh actually that's quite harsh! No that's fine mate, you just stop in the middle of a busy road."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTmcyWhkYaU&feature=share&list=UUwZz4B-hog-ue89jG5O9UIQ

Bit of info - this particular stretch brings 2 roads together and drivers merge into the lanes, depending on which way they are going. People always brake a little, as the corner is blind... and with there being traffic lights just round the bend, you don't want to end up in the back of someone else.

"Oh, usual braking to slow on the corner... oh maybe not... oooooh actually that's quite harsh! No that's fine mate, you just stop in the middle of a busy road."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTmcyWhkYaU&feature=share&list=UUwZz4B-hog-ue89jG5O9UIQ

Know that road well, really annoys my how people stop/join in the middle of the road there. Cars just cutting in front of everyone lol.

There's something similar outside the NZ parliament and they do the same. Does my head in.

I was travelling home the other night, and the woman two cars in front of me was dithering along at 35 miles an hour for ten miles with all her fog lights on . Eventually we got to a straight with no oncoming traffic and she speeded up to 40 but since the road was clear and the fogs were doing my head in, I accelerated and overtook. As per the video.

Then at the next set of lights she pulled up alongside me and I got dog's abuse. Can anyone see anything I did wrong here? I was baffled. When I pointed out she had her fogs on front and rear she said she needed them on as it was dark. :wall:

Yeah even though I was two cars behind they were really bugging me through the stretch of road before this as it's quite twisty.

Those lines are there for the entire length of that stretch of the road, ie the straight bit. On the twisty ten miles or so that lead up to that bit they just have the normal broken line.

If those lines mean no overtaking then they seem to have marked the road in a way which says don't overtake on the long straight, just on the bends. weird . It doesn't normally become an issue as I'm normally the slow one being overtaken as I sit at the speed limit along there but after ten miles at 35 I'd had enough. Oh and I did indicate, just not really shown well in the clip.

I just don't understand what she got all angry about and needed to have a go at me. :think:

Those lines are there for the entire length of that stretch of the road, ie the straight bit. On the twisty ten miles or so that lead up to that bit they just have the normal broken line.

If those lines mean no overtaking then they seem to have marked the road in a way which says don't overtake on the long straight, just on the bends. weird .

Areas of white diagonal stripes or chevrons painted on the road. These are to separate traffic lanes or to protect traffic turning right.

If the area is bordered by a broken white line, you should not enter the area unless it is necessary and you can see that it is safe to do so.

If the area is marked with chevrons and bordered by solid white lines you MUST NOT enter it except in an emergency.

weird indeed :think:

had my camera in a few weeks now and not seen one dangerous or funny incident lol

I had to resort to some numpty with fog lights on :think:

actually just after fog light lady I had to brake sharply to allow this guy coming in the other direction to get past a truck.

• Like 1

Just realised I never uploaded this - last month in the snow. The visibility on the footage seemed a lot better than what I was seeing with the Mk1 eyeball, not sure if it's due to the higher view point or what.