Most annoying things on your Superb

The fuel filler pipe design is resoundingly crap, the fuel can't flow down the pipe fast enough and constantly triggers the overfill protection on the pump, the nozzle has to be pulled out a little to overcome it.

I disagree about the comment regarding the poor quality of the leather seats in the Superb. My driver's seat is holding up really well and it has put up with grubby workwear for the last 75,000 miles.

Have the same issue but depends upon forecourt - some pumps it does it, others not. I find though that if I twist it towards the real of the car then it stops the constant cut off. Will fill quick easily then.

I forgot about this until this week's colder weather - the heated seats take forever to heat up. Once they are hot they are very hot but they do take longer to heat than I'd expect.

We've noticed this too, especially compared to our MkI which was quick to warm up. I thought maybe the L&K's ventilated seats slowed them down as the seats must have holes in them?

The passenger grab handrails are positioned too far back in the door frame so that when I hang my shirts on there they don't hang straight as they rest against the seat/car and I can get a crease in the shirt arm, a very minor annoyance !

The passenger grab handrails are positioned too far back in the door frame so that when I hang my shirts on there they don't hang straight as they rest against the seat/car and I can get a crease in the shirt arm, a very minor annoyance !

Now you mention, yes it does. never really noticed it before.

It's easy the best car iv'e owned.

Worst thing with it is the "Sound System", as it is too hard on the poorly designed interior doorsides.

mine vibrates something rotten if the bass is turned up

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook with Tapatalk

It's easy the best car iv'e owned.

Worst thing with it is the "Sound System", as it is too hard on the poorly designed interior doorsides.

Yeh even the top Columbus doesnt sound anywhere near as good as to the Harmon Kardon Prologic Surround or even the factory fit Alpine systems that I've had in the past in my BMW. At least make it an option Skoda come in lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst in a taxi rank

Have the same issue but depends upon forecourt - some pumps it does it, others not. I find though that if I twist it towards the real of the car then it stops the constant cut off. Will fill quick easily then.

That's what I do. Forgot the other day and they must have thought I was aiming for some obscure amount of fuel, what with all the stop-start-stop-start!

I really miss a wiper for the rear screen, had it on previous 2 cars, Octavia VRS and Focus ST

Also the way water drips into the boot when you open the bootlid but both the above two cars also suffered from this.

No mute button on the Columbus or steering wheel

Malc, simply press the volume slider/wheel in that mutes. Press it so it clicks.

On the Elegance, that simply starts the voice activation; there is no mute control on the steering wheel.

I love the car, but I wish the seat would go lower; I like to drive surrounded by the fascia and centre console, not looking down on them. Also, I suppose, the fact that there's no quick mute for the Sat-Nav - it's a bit fiddly having to go through Setup.

On the Elegance, that simply starts the voice activation; there is no mute control on the steering wheel.

Coops and Ned

Thanks for that, yes pressing the left rotary button starts the call activation but press it twice in very quick succession and it cancels traffic announcements

Ah apologies fellas, you guys are higher up the food chain! On my SE pressing in the volume button on the MFSW mutes.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Superb but if it is moan time then:

1. Tinny speakers, upgraded to some Alpine's to get some bass oomph and treble clarity

2. Over firm ride on bumpy city streets. Is it the Elegance's 18s or do 16 &17s suffer too due to too firm spring rates?

3. Boot is vast but surprisingly narrow for my bike compared to previous Passat estate

4. Heated seats are either too hot or not warm enough. Preferred the 5 point scale on my old B5.5 Passat for the real "Goldilocks" feel.

5. Sat nav has entertainment venues that closed down 6 years ago even though MkII was only launched in'08. Cue the wasted trip to the cinema when on holiday...

6. Sat nav is a bit slow at updating your exact position as you drive along. My old £100 Garmin is way quicker. Now I use the Maxidot instead for in town route finding

7. Central cupholders too small for my cycling bottle bottles, OK so I could get a thinner bottle...

8. Agree with other peoples comments regarding: 1. steering wheel volume control when twirling the wheel as I reverse into a spot. 2.bonnet catch location. 3. Slow Columbus power up, even when you ask for radio after hours of other media it takes ages, can't it be on standby in the background? 4. Winking foglight; "hey up mate your foglights blown" "No it hasn't fella, its meant to do that..."

Still stonkingly great car though and mid 50s mpg unlike my brother inlaws new Audi A6 Avant thats struggling to better low 40s. Smug, me? Just a little

• Like 1

5. Sat nav has entertainment venues that closed down 6 years ago even though MkII was only launched in'08.

This is not the Sat Nav fault but the map updaters.

6. Sat nav is a bit slow at updating your exact position as you drive along.

Mine will pick up and redirect in a few seconds, sometimes a little longer but never more than 100 yds distance.

my niggles are conti tyre noise!!steering wheel to far away.(not a problem for my the wife) heated washer nozzles a waist of money.other than that car is well SUPERB......everyone who travels in her comments how comfortable/good for long trips ect it is.superb elegance 140 est.steering wheel paddles,privacy glass,heated screen,heated nozzles.

• 3 months later...

Sick of catching the button on the back pocket of my trousers everytime I get in. Tried adapting my sit down position - more sideways rather than a slide - and it's getting better...but it's already nicked the leather after three months. If i didn't care it wouldn't matter...but I do love this car...

I love this thread being a current owner of a almost fully-loaded (and expensive) 2006 Audi A4 S-Line and looking forward to getting my hands on a Elegance shortly...

- I don't have intermittent wipers

- I don't have a rear wiper

- I don't have an auto-dimming mirror

- I don't have heated seats

- I don't have cruise control

- I don't have a heated windscreen

- I don't have indicators in my wing mirrors

- I don't have auto-folding wing mirrors

- I don't have puddle lights

- I don't have catvision

- I don't have a sunglasses holder

- I don't have any parking sensors at all

- I don't have any blinds at all

- A4 comes with no no cubbyholes bar the armrest which I cannot use whilst driving

- I have one cup-holder which sits just below the dash and if my drink leaks a little it goes on my satnav screen

- Satnav is run off a DVD so you cannot listen to a CD at the same time

- I have a armrest which I cannot use as it sits way too high when changing gears

- The handbrake cannot be pulled up when the armrest is down because of a design fault

- The speakers vibrate when the bass is set at around 50%

Cannot wait to get my hands on an Elegance :giggle:

• Like 2

The columbus defo. Potentially best factory unit only but totally totally ruined by lack of random track play. The single song outside folder workaround is a pain and the unit still doesnt shuffle properly. End up listening to the top few folders all the time. Lack of wiper solved with rainex. Dont like that when i stall have to turn ignition off 2 restart, makes 2 second mistake into a 5 sec frenzy. Still ace car that makes every journey feel special

• Like 1

The vibration from the engine between 1500-2000 revs, it drove me up the wall.

i was driving the perfect car apart from that dam vibration from the engine.thats why i sold my perfect car.

bill

My biggest grip on my 2.0TDi 4x4 is the fuel consumption, don't do long runs except when towing a caravan so it doesn't average more 42mpg. 26 with the caravan! also again due to the runs I do it regens quite frequently, my second biggest gripe is the poxy fuel tank, everyone I know with equivalent cars including Passats has a 70litre tank compared to our paltry 60litres, Why?