PDC OPS advice

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

i'm trying to implement software translation between old PDC and new OPS system.

I have a question - is OPS active (car picture on the screen)  when ignition is on BUT engine is not working yet?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for writing post under my own post, but i don't know how to edit the old one.

Can i ask someone with VCDS and working OPS on Columbus to do following tests?

Test 1:

-Select 37 Navigation

-Select "Coding"

-Select "Long Coding Helper"

-Tick "Parking Aid/Park SteerAssist Monitoring inactive" on byte 0.

-Press escape and save new coding

-Exit VCDS and reboot Columbus by pressing < > and star/mic button simultaneously.

And then after reboot check if OPS is still working.

After that untick this bit and save the coding again.

Test 2:

-Select 19 CAN Gateway

-Select "Installation list"

-Untick "10 - Park/Steer Assist"

-Press "Save coding"

-Exit VCDS and reboot Columbus by pressing < > and star/mic button simultaneously.

And then after reboot check if OPS is still working.

This will let me save a lot of time with my PDC to OPS experiment.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

hello,

can somebody help with a problem please? i want to upgrade to OPS on my 2006 octavia with rNS510.

I order a OPC unit 5J0 919 475A, made connection, and....doesn't work.

local dealer tell me that new unit have a different communication protocol (UDS or something like this) that can't communicate wit old gateway.

Did somebody meet this problem? or have any solution?

thank you

adamal, i see that you also have a pre-face lift car: can you tell me what gateway do you have? Mine is with K letter at the end

thank you

When fitting a new controller to a pre-FL car (or when adding front sensors to existing rears) with existing sensors there is some rewiring needed to get OPS working.

It is not really a problem with the wrong protocol but the way it is wired (AFAIK). Although there is a minimum version of CAN gateway needed, I am sure that version K is sufficient.

It has been documented in this forum and on 'My GTi' and is not the easiest if tasks but not impossible for a home 'mechanic'.

Mine is a P revision but have you followed the CANBUS wiring changes set out earlier?

And there is also the issue of the sensor wiring changes to use a common positive / negative supply. See my long post earlier in the thread.

Adam

• 1 year later...

Sorry for reviving this topic, but i want to say big THANK YOU to all who supported me by answering my strange questions ;) Finally (some time ago) i managed to emulate OPS by my Atmel MCU device. Obviously it would be much easier to just swap PDC ECU to newer type, but...  the joy of experimentation is most precious thing! :)

post-109038-0-12588400-1421525059_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Gents, I am hoping for a quick bit of advice....

I have a 2011 Yeti with just rear PDC (module 5J0919475A) and sensors 4x p/no 4H0919275.

Hope thats easy to follow lol.

What I am doing is fitting a facelift model rear bumper that already has PDC holes and the rear brackets.

I don't have the sensors.

What I believe is that the sensor p/no is 5Q0919275 for the new style bumper.

There are two things i need to know please......

a) - will sensors  5Q0919275 work with module 5J0919475A.

IF YES...

B) - do I need any wiring or connector mods to plug those sensors into my loom?

MTIA :)

If the yeti is anything like the octavia, the newer facelift module did require a wiring mod (see earlier in the thread) but the older sensors worked happily once the wiring was changed.

Yes it was if you mean all the lives and neutrals connected together rather than being separate feeds. There is a diagram earlier in the thread of the link to Hell666s post.

Ah, I hadn't read it properly and appreciated it was that way around, and so in which case there is probably no change needed. The sensors themselves are just power and a signal wire so can't see why they wouldn't work.

• 6 months later...

Sensors ordered from German £32 ish delivered for new/gen parts.

I can confirm full plug and play, and fully working.

I have fitted the facelift Yeti rear bumper to the Mk1 yeti and only replaced the sensors.

The wiring has remained the same.

I would add that the wiring is a tad tight to the offside sensor but after trimming the loom tape and re-binding it's all a-ok.

• 2 months later...

Thought id revive an old thread.

Looking at just getting OPS working on the rear.

So looking at buying module 5J0919475A. From reading through do I need to make wiring changes at CAN or just the module? Also will I need someone with VCDS to code?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by J306TD

In a pre FL it will need module and CAN rewiring and as you enable a new module at address 10 instead of 76 then you need VCDS too.

Edited by adamal

There's a link near the start of thread as I recall to a post by hell666 with wiring for the module. The rest is described in my guide.