What are you listening to right now while reading this?

Money hungry

16 hours ago, tempra007 said:

I think that must have been Slade's one & only slow one. The wife has got Quiet Riot's cover of Slade's  "Cum On Feel The Noise" on at full blast (I thinks Slade's original was better - no one can quite match Noddy Holder's voice). Wife was a Slade / T.Rex fan back in the day.

Small faces were a tad before my time although I do seem to remember seeing them on early TV shows like Juke Box Jury & Ready Steady Go - for those that remember:cool:   

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Westbury63 said:

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - Best of.

Old school feel good rock. B)

A while ago I saw a Ch4 documentary on TP & the Heartbreakers - pre Tom's passing. A good watch & great music.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colin170CR said:

A while ago I saw a Ch4 documentary on TP & the Heartbreakers - pre Tom's passing. A good watch & great music.  

Yeah he seemed like a good bloke to me. His sound always brings about a care free young at heart feeling. Music can do that.

Change of pace, I've just fired up some Gojira. Their 2005 album, From Mars To Sirius. :)

Edited by Westbury63

28 minutes ago, Westbury63 said:

Yeah he seemed like a good bloke to me. His sound always brings about a care free young at heart feeling. Music can do that.

Change of pace, I've just fired up some Gojira. Their 2005 album, From Mars To Sirius. :)

Music is the soundtrack & memory to most peoples lives - times, places, people, gigs attended, relationships etc. Mine is very much late 60's,70's, 80's & early 90's rock. With a few exceptions not much before or after that time period floats my boat. Hence why I listen to Planet Rock most of the time. After giving away my old separates Hi-Fi system & speaker system many years ago I'm now looking at replacing them & expanding my vinyl album collection which stopped some time around '85. 

• Like 1

Most of the time, I'm listening to the Radio Paradise mellow stream.  At home, in the front room, I'm playing it in FLAC from the app on our Android TV into my sound system.  Here at my desk, I'm playing it in ALAC from the app on my iMac into my sound system.  In the car, I play it from the cached files in the app on my iPhone in 312 AAC via Apple CarPlay.

There are four different streams: Main, Rock, Mellow and World/Etc Mix.  It's DJ mixed, listener supported with no ads and streams 24/7.    www.radioparadise.com

13 minutes ago, Schtum said:

Most of the time, I'm listening to the Radio Paradise mellow stream.  At home, in the front room, I'm playing it in FLAC from the app on our Android TV into my sound system.  Here at my desk, I'm playing it in ALAC from the app on my iMac into my sound system.  In the car, I play it from the cached files in the app on my iPhone in 312 AAC via Apple CarPlay.

There are four different streams: Main, Rock, Mellow and World/Etc Mix.  It's DJ mixed, listener supported with no ads and streams 24/7.    www.radioparadise.com

I like the idea of no ads. I'll give RP Rock a go & see how I get on. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

2 hours ago, Aspman said:

Ride the Lightning - Metallica

Fantastic album. I remember buying that album when it came out. Still listen to it quite often,  :rock:

Cuurently listening to Lamb Of God VII: Sturm und Drang album.

NB: You can rip from Youtube to MP3 format. I do this with so much stuff, never pay for music anymore. New album every week for free! :rofl:

Edited by Westbury63
Spelling