Fabia vRS - dump valve/wastegate?

Woodsyy

Tbf this is in the wrong section also

DV will offer zero performance increase, only make you look like a chavvy t1t ! :giggle: :giggle:

Search for "owl noise" or muflerectomy if you want your car to make additional noises

Just wondering what people have for there dump valve & wastegate, if they do have, what? And best one for money and some general info on them I don't know too much about turbo cars.

Thanks.

Vrs diesel.

Dump valves won't work at all on any diesels as there is no throttle valve. The vRS has variable inlet guide vanes on the turbo to control boost instead of a wastegate. There are plenty of threads in the Fabia I section asking the same question, but the answer is almost always the same.

I believe you can fit an electronic operated dump valve, this will produce the sound of one but will not do anything to the performance of the car. I have even heard they actually decrease performance slightly when gear changing, and could even damage the turbo, as it dumps more pressure than it needs to, plus they do sound 'Chavvy'.

Edited by Jim H

Guest BigJase88

You can put one in if you like the noise... Just tee it into a vac pipe and get it plumbed into your intercooler piping

Like this

9a81719a.jpg

This is on a pd130

I have no idea why you would want to do that....when its concisely been explained what a waste of time it is to do.

If you do think its a good idea to do the above still anyway you would actually be better off not having a TDi and just have a Nova with one of those turbo whistles from ebay :rofl:

Guest BigJase88

Its all what the op likes you see

If he wants a tsch noise he wants a tsch noise.

It will not damage your car and it wont negate from performance THAT much...

Heck that engine bay i posted managed 267bhp with the dumpvalve in place

I bought that car with it and kept it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea why you would want to do that....when its concisely been explained what a waste of time it is to do.

If you do think its a good idea to do the above still anyway you would actually be better off not having a TDi and just have a Nova with one of those turbo whistles from ebay :rofl:

maybe because they sound cool? and whats wrong with nova's?