I found my Superb: She's called Audrey!

Dancing dials?!!!

I want to see - u got a vid to show?

Cheers Racing Boy for sharing! :-)

when you turn the ignition on the rev and the speedo dials do a full rotation to the right and then back

Wayne bit of advise, it is not ideal leaving the lights in ‘Auto’ all the time, as you are turning the lights on then starting the engine.

If the battery is low then you may struggle to start the car, but mainly the xenons like to be left to warm up fully before being turned off again, this may not happen if they are left in Auto all the time.

• Like 1

Wayne bit of advise, it is not ideal leaving the lights in ‘Auto’ all the time, as you are turning the lights on then starting the engine.

If the battery is low then you may struggle to start the car, but mainly the xenons like to be left to warm up fully before being turned off again, this may not happen if they are left in Auto all the time.

I always left the Superb's lights on "off" - and put them on when i wanted - Strangely, Our new Merc does not have an "Off" setting for lights! - Which i find VERY weird - but they also do not come on when you turn the key, they come on after the engine starts... (Options are Auto / On / SideLights / Parking Lights)

Al.

Don't you also end up with this problem if you have the coming home/leaving home lights activated? i.e. I drive home in the dark, and switch the engine off. Lights switch themselves off as I switch engine off. I open the door, and my driveway is festooned with a gazillion candelas for all of 10 seconds.

Don't you also end up with this problem if you have the coming home/leaving home lights activated? i.e. I drive home in the dark, and switch the engine off. Lights switch themselves off as I switch engine off. I open the door, and my driveway is festooned with a gazillion candelas for all of 10 seconds.

Yes you do, which is why many owners change the CH /LH lights to the front fog lights instead, this preserves the xenons.

(you need either VCDS or a dealer to do the change)

Though not quite sure wot u meant by "fully warmed up before turning off"?

Xenons typically take a few seconds to get up to full working temperature (colour) this is part of the reason why there is an additional halogen light source in the headlight, so you can ‘flash someone’ (when the headlights are turned off) without using the xenons.

Tyres.

Something Thomasz (SkodaParts) mentioned abt - but forgotton

whn i bought me Falken tyres :-(

I only think abt it considering my flat (no reason was found for puncture):

image_zpsa7c76fab.jpg

Now Thomasz said i MUST get tyres with 94W ratings!

Mainly due to the WEIGHT of Audrey (even though we never reach

the v-speed rating)...

...so, my current tyres are all 92-ratings.

Could it be this tht cause my flat???

Even my spare is 94v:

image_zpsaf1c28ce.jpg

Any thoughts?

At least you have a spare...I only have the foam and electric pump... ;)

I may look to buy a space saver kit separately, anyone know where to pick them up at a reasonable price?

£130 for the kit seems a little steep or do we trust that car tyres are more reliable these days and foam is good enough for temporary repair?

At least you have a spare...I only have the foam and electric pump... ;)

I may look to buy a space saver kit separately, anyone know where to pick them up at a reasonable price?

£130 for the kit seems a little steep or do we trust that car tyres are more reliable these days and foam is good enough for temporary repair?

I had a flat last week - and the spare saved me from inconvenience and money (if forced to buy a tyre thn and there).

Go and buy a used spare and jack from ebay!

Can anyone tell what Audrey original spec was (and any additional optional extras) from this:

<image removed>

The manual does state a code for DPF - which Audrey got.

The service manual also state the kind of servicing (fixed / variable):

and Audrey is originally configured as VARIABLE.

Like to know COLOUR code too, pleeese! :-)

I had a flat last week - and the spare saved me from inconvenience and money (if forced to buy a tyre thn and there).

Go and buy a used spare and jack from ebay!

But presumably you didn't have the foam/pump?

Edited by wawilkinson

Taken from the October 2010 brochure:

18” ‘Themisto’ alloys

(7.5J x 18” 225/40 R18 92Y)

I know yours is a little earlier than this but they would not have reduced the load index.

• Like 1

Many years ago I ran a Volvo V70 on 91 (or 92) wall-strength tyres. I burst 10 tyres in 3 years in potholes. After over 2 years on my current car, running 94H tyres, touch wood, I haven't had a single instance, and the roads are not much different than previous.

Be careful replacing with weaker tyres, your insurance may be invalidated running lesser spec tyres than originally fitted.