Low Screenwash warning added

Currently our roads are very salty and the spray drying on the screen means the washers have to be used frequently. And the heater drying the scren does not help things. Dark evenings do not encourage me to top up before time.

I can't imagine that being true. I can, however, believe that you could get the points and/or fine for driving round with a windscreen plastered in crud.

So it's probably not the empty bottle that's penalised - more the consequences of continuing to drive without cleaning the screen.

It is a reason to fail the MOT though. Although fixing it should be simples!!

I always found it strange that it's one of those systems on a car that can cause you to fall foul of the law......yet manufacturers aren't required to fit a 'warning' system.

With regards Zenon's - where factory fit washers are installed they must actually work.

No water in the tank would be a reason why these wouldn't work - and hence be an MOT failure.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine came on. Topping up reveals around 1l left (took 4.5l). Only way to check how much remains is by filling up. SWMBO Hyundai has a dipstick in her washer bottle but we rarely need to use the washers as the screen seems to stay clean..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yep, cluster out, get a steel rule or similar to release the top clips, it's easy one you figure it out.
I ran the wires into cabin via the rubber seal for the bonnet release catch, released OS scuttle to get into it.
Coding is nice and easy and why this doesnt come on all Octy's as standard quite frankly amazes me. Costs and all that...

Yep, cluster out, get a steel rule or similar to release the top clips, it's easy one you figure it out.

I ran the wires into cabin via the rubber seal for the bonnet release catch, released OS scuttle to get into it.

Coding is nice and easy and why this doesnt come on all Octy's as standard quite frankly amazes me. Costs and all that...

Sorry I don't quite understand, do you pry the cluster from the front to release the clips?

I've had the dash apart before but never the instruments.

Edit: Just found another topic by Eddie that pretty much answers this 

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/277884-facelift-maxidot-fitted-today/

• 1 month later...

I will try to do this mod in the weekend.

Is there any problem whit disconnecting the cluster when I mount the pin from the fluid sensor!

(Like: do no turn the ignition on when the cluster is disconnected)

I have vcds to do the coding!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will try to do this mod in the weekend.

Is there any problem whit disconnecting the cluster when I mount the pin from the fluid sensor!

(Like: do no turn the ignition on when the cluster is disconnected)

I have vcds to do the coding!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it is fine if you have vcds to clear faults

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Xenon's are a factory cost option on the vRS, an expensive one.

However once you have driven behind them you'll never go back to halogens, especially if you do plenty of night driving!

Enjoy :sun:

Xenon's are a factory cost option on the vRS, an expensive one.

However once you have driven behind them you'll never go back to halogens, especially if you do plenty of night driving!

Enjoy :sun:

How can you tell if your car has Xenon's, from looking outside

I highly doubt it, but I do have front headlamp washers complete with warning light?

Its an 05 plate

Edited by RJMcLean

How can you tell if your car has Xenon's, from looking outside

I highly doubt it, but I do have front headlamp washers complete with warning light?

Its an 05 plate

Looking at photo's online, and my head lights it appears that it does have Xenon's