Who is going to be first to order?

Ordered 2.0 crd elegance in race blue with sports suspension. On a 3year 90,000 mile lease it is £328 per month Inc maintenance. Stupidly cheap, as skoda contribute £3500 to the deal which knocks almost £100 off the monthly rental. Offer ends tomorrow tho.....

Ordered 2.0 crd elegance in race blue with sports suspension. On a 3year 90,000 mile lease it is £328 per month Inc maintenance. Stupidly cheap, as skoda contribute £3500 to the deal which knocks almost £100 off the monthly rental. Offer ends tomorrow tho.....

Sounds good. How comes Skoda are offering £3500 contribution on a brand new model?

Maybe or I question if the rallye green will look any good on such a big car

Saw a Rally Green Octy II Vrs Estate a while back - looked very nice in the flesh.

However, I saw the same colour on a Rapid today and didn't like ti at all... might have looked better if the Rapid had been an estate???

think i will keep my mk1 vrs, the models look worse every time they bring a new one out, that new one is pants looks like a saab or some other rubbish

Yes. In the same way that the original golf GTI looks miles better than the latest one..........not.

I'm sure all of us who have ordered mk 3 Octavias at great expense will appreciate your thoughtful and considered opinion, and regret not saving 20 grand and buying a mk 1 Vrs.

Edited by carrock

Sorry guys but i also happen to think the new Octy is rather plain jane; but then i'd personally only ever consider a vRS variant. Now that wont be plain! I also think its a shame the blatant VAG cost cutting has done away with the independent rear suspension on most models; id still put money on the fact that none of the standard models, sports auspension or not would outhandle a MK2 vRS

Edited by pipsyp

Yes. In the same way that the original golf GTI looks miles better than the latest one..........not.

I'm sure all of us who have ordered mk 3 Octavias at great expense will appreciate your thoughtful and considered opinion, and regret not saving 20 grand and buying a mk 1 Vrs.

Come on the guys entitled to his opinion; this is a forum for free speech. Youve bought a new Octavia, fair shout to you but not everyones going to want an Elegance spec car at 20 odd grand or like the looks of the non vRS model.

I dont think you needed to be harsh about his MK1 vRS either,v tidy looking with a KO4 turbo...thats going to be one rapid retro Octavia!

Edited by pipsyp

Come on the guys entitled to his opinion; this is a forum for free speech. Youve bought a new Octavia, fair shout to you but not everyones going to want an Elegance spec car at 20 odd grand or like the looks of the non vRS model.

I dont think you needed to be harsh about his MK1 vRS either,v tidy looking with a KO4 turbo...thats going to be one rapid retro Octavia!

Yes he is entitled to his opinion, although with comments like "pants" "rubbish" and "as sporty as a park bench" any reasonable person would deduce that he is the one being harsh. My opinion is that posting on a forum dedicated to the new octavia, and spouting off about how crap it is compared to his mk 1 octavia deserves a response similar to the one he received, which was not at all harsh, just a bit sarcastic.. I also have the right to express an opinion, and my right to free speech.

Edited by carrock

Yes but I dont think he was targetting you specifically, of course air your views if you feel it necessary but I think you could have just let it slide; personal slandering thats uncalled for is different to a generalised statement that the OP made. If theyd been out of order to you personally id have praised your response.

Edited by pipsyp

Yes but I dont think he was targetting you specifically, of course air your views if you feel it necessary but I think you could have just let it slide; personal slandering thats uncalled for is different to a generalised statement that the OP made. If theyd been out of order to you personally id have praised your response.

Equally I wasn't targeting him specifically either, merely pointing out that making derogatory comments about a specific model variant on a sub forum dedicated to that variant might be considered out of order. In the same way that mk 3 owners wouldn't write on the mk1 forum about how dated the mk1variants look in comparison. If I was to post that all mk 1s look like Lada Rivas or some such crap, would you consider that fair comment?

The Elegance spec cars arent meant to be sporty anyway. If you want sporty wait for the VRS.

I must admit I am not a fan of the new Octy. Its not that its a bad looker, its just not very interesting or exciting to look at however the estate looks much better than the hatch in my view.

Probably been mentioned before but Carfile.net now apparently offering 12% discount on new Mk3 models.

I must say that on several occasions recently I've seen a Mk1 (usually a taxi) coming towards me and I thought - well that front looks a fair bit like the mk3.....

Edited by xman

The new Octavia brochure is now out on Skoda UK website. My dealer has confirmed that front assist won't be available until build week 22 ( model year 2014) adaptive cruise control will also be available then as a cost option. Anyone thinking of ordering a new Octy should consider Horton's they have gone the extra mile to drag information out of SUK.

The Elegance spec cars arent meant to be sporty anyway. If you want sporty wait for the VRS.

I must admit I am not a fan of the new Octy. Its not that its a bad looker, its just not very interesting or exciting to look at however the estate looks much better than the hatch in my view.

They never have been exciting. It's not as though the mk 1 or 2 was a beauty. For very obvious marketing reasons VAG deliberately make them look less stylish than an A4 or Passat. Classic brand differentiation in other words. All those people who are waiting for a gorgeous looking vrs need to either accept this or start saving up for a A4 s line.

Thats only your opinion though. Not everyone has the same preferences to design so some people will actually like the look of the VRS models. I'm one of them. :-)

Thats only your opinion though. Not everyone has the same preferences to design so some people will actually like the look of the VRS models. I'm one of them. :-)

I do like the look of the vrs models. I have a mk 2 vrs. But of course they are deliberately designed to be understated and bland in comparison to an s line or a Passat sport or whatever. The mk3 vrs will continue in the same vein. Skoda know exactly what their customer profile is, they want to steal customers from Vauxhall and Ford. Not Audi and vw.