DAB Now Available

LeeHarrison

Skoda have finally updated the UK brochure to include these factory fit DAB options. Please see

https://tools.skoda.co.uk/brochure_yeti.pdf

EXTRACT

‘Amundsen’ satellite navigation system with DAB radio

- upgrade to include DAB radio (where navigation is standard)

Columbus’ satellite navigation systemwith DAB radio and TMC

MDI (Multi Device Interface)

Skoda have finally updated the UK brochure to include these factory fit DAB options. Please see https://tools.skoda....ochure_yeti.pdf

EXTRACT

‘Amundsen’ satellite navigation system with DAB radio

Columbus’ satellite navigation systemwith DAB radio and TMC

MDI (Multi Device Interface)

Another Yeti owner with 20/20 vision :sun: Normal size text please next time - thanks.

PS: your comment not the extract.

Doesn't that only apply for Heavy Metal? Stick to Light Music - you'll be alright there! ;)

I am a Metal Head tho :rock: so looks like I'll need to do my own retro fit MDI

Morning Mac,

I am aware of Octavia owners retro fitting the MDI, but to my knowledge no Yetists have yet (correct me if I'm wrong).

To me the benefits of the MDI are minimal as I have all of my music etc saved to the phone and will stream it when needed, whereas some people will hold all of their music on iPods etc and leave the phone clear.

That is only my thoughts, and as mentioned in many many many threads, we're all different or it would be a boring place to live.

Lee

Thanks Lee.

I thought it would offer a bit more functionality like skipping music tracks forward and backwards using the button on the steering wheel. :think:

Several of us have retrofitted MDI to our Yetis using easily available VAG parts.

Yet another example of Škoda UK's inconsistent specification policy!

Available on Fabia/Octavia/Superb - but not Yeti.

Parts cost about £150 and some recoding may be necessary. As well as being able to link my IPod and phone, I also have a 64gb memory stick loaded with my music via the MDI. Gives full access/control via the MFSW.

Do a search, it's been covered several times on here!

• Like 1

Straight fit and a simple piece of coding-for my use a very useful upgrade as all my music is now available seamlessly.

Several of us have retrofitted MDI to our Yetis using easily available VAG parts.

Thanks Lee.

I thought it would offer a bit more functionality like skipping music tracks forward and backwards using the button on the steering wheel. :think:

Morning Mac,

You are correct, the MFSW will work with the MDI and you would be able to skip tracks etc - just me being blunt ;)

As Merlinman and JCP have mentioned, they have it installed and works well for them, whether it be iPod, MP3 player or USB. It is definately a way of freeing up space on your phone.

Lee

Have a look at this map if you are interested in DAB

http://www.dabonwhee... _2011 copy.gif

I'm right in the middle of a white area in the middle of the Pennines--

Graham--- you are totally stuffed in Wales! :rofl:

The left hand map exactly coincides with my experience of the performance of the windscreen attached aerial I use.

Also agrees with my theory that a poor receiver will give good results with a good aerial but the reverse does not always apply.

Fred

According to that map there should be a small area of reception roughly where I live with a "6 star" aerial................

Well I don't know anyone locally who has succeeded yet to get a signal, and the BBC say it is "highly unlikely" that we will ever get a signal.

According to that map there should be a small area of reception roughly where I live with a "6 star" aerial................

Well I don't know anyone locally who has succeeded yet to get a signal, and the BBC say it is "highly unlikely" that we will ever get a signal.

Graham, as signals at that frequency are "line of sight" the only chance you have is to flatten out all the lumps! :hi:

Fred

Ok, thanks. But for the remaining 99% of us who are not interested in cricket etc...........??

I will stick to Radio 2 and 5 Live thanks.

5Live is a different world on DAB plus you also get 5live extra which you cant get on MW

I can't believe you're diss-ing DAB its so much better than FM . better quality and better info

Wonder if there will be an option to swap out my Columbus for a DAB version

Its about the only thing that I miss when I changed from my Golf to the VRs

It may be better in YOUR area, but as has been pointed out many times, not everyone can get it, therefore some of us will dismiss it as another unwanted extravagence.

I go Motocrossing in Llanidloes and DAB reception was fine there

Hope that helps ;)

Well I certainly can't receive it and neither can any of our neighbours!! A friend was up the other weekend and his Jag "converted" to FM between Welshpool and Newtown

Yamaha Off-Road School?

Where do you stay?