Rapid spaceback

Reading what car at work ( they are working me hard today!) and it says the rapid spaceback will be released in autumn 2013, and describes it as a 'shorter, sportier version of the rapid'

Anyone else heard anything , or got any more detailes? Sounds interesting

I had a brief twitter chat with @ianreid , whatcar journalist when they started doing stories about the rapid last year, asking if a vRS was coming.

Back then they were already talking about a 2 door sporty hatch version

I've looked but the tweets and links have disappeared :(

• 1 month later...

It is the second of OctaviaT81's images that Autocar has used today to announce an autumn 2013 debut.

I think someone at Skoda indicated some time ago that a car like this had been given the green light instead of a possible 2 door coupe.

I do like this pic/rendering. Guessing this has the same wheelbase as the Rapid but a smaller boot. That would be quite a useful size and close to a Golf in proportions. I wonder if it will get the new engines?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Given the vRS models are mainly a UK strong card I personally don;'t think a 2 door rapid is on the cards.

The sportback, aka estate makes far more sense.

When I've asked about a 'rapid' rapid, I've never gotten a no, more a knowing no idea, possibly down the road. Mind you we don't hold as much media clout as the big auto mags so I'd take there tips as circulation boosters or real. Anything 12+months out though is highly subjective I'd say.

I do like some of these photochops, but sorry coops yours looks like one of those bmw splodges. Not my cup o tea, but I've a spot spot for estates.

Maybe these last few remind me of a lwb volvo c30...

"Disc brakes rear (except 1.2 75PS)"

You are 100% correct, I guess I looked for too long on importer websites, no point doing factory order from the UK until SUK prices are lowered. In any case, it's the 2.0CR bit I am after :)

• 3 weeks later...

Spaceback spy photos... Please ignore all details apart from the shape of the bodyshell as they are a disguise (you will notice they badged it as a Fabia!)

http://www.autoforum.cz/predstaveni/skoda-rapid-spaceback-pristizena-v-evrope-male-kombi-bude-i-pro-nas/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=direct&utm_campaign=rss