VRS TFSI INDUCTION KIT

Hello all,

I recently fitted a typhoon induction kit to my car.

Problem is that when its on full throttle at 4500rpm and over there is a loud whistling noise.

Has anyone else got an induction kit or could anyone shed some light into the problem?

Thanks

Just sounds so crap. Every other induction kit ive had for other cars has mad a deep roaring noise.

Least i can feel an improvement in performance i guess.

so its not just a whistle at 4500rpm your questioning?

thats probably exactly it.

Remember the engine isnt designed to have these kits fitted, they are designed to be as they are so changing the way the air enters the engine you will get issues like this.

As I said, when running a cone filter on my old civic it made an odd whistle at a certain revs because of resonation inside the intake

Yep, I think its normal mate. I've got a typhoon fitted to mine and it sounds like a harmonicca :wall: Tried alsorts to sort it. Even wrapped it in exhaust heat wrap to see if it was the pipe resonating but its not that and theres defo no leaks i can find. Its soooo annoying. thinking of changing the filter to a pipercross one to see if its that

This happens on most TFSi's with intakes but only on the K03 equipped cars. It is believed it has something to do with the design of the diverter valve housing causing the whistle.

• 4 weeks later...

Apart from fitting a K04 or going back to the OE engine cover there is nothing that can be done to fix the issue. It is internal harmonics caused by the K03 turbocharger. The only difference between the K03 and K04 design wise is that the dv housing is remotely located on the K04, whereas the K03 has it built in. It has been suggested that the noise is created when the air is being sucked in over the dv housing.