New Octavia III Estate Information

ColinD

• Administrators

Well my hunch is the Superb will follow the now well known Skoda pattern. In that it will have a facelift, then gain a few litres on the new model in 2014/15 or as the market dictates. Hopefully this now makes the Rapid appear plausible too.

It certainly is a big boot!

Looks about the size of the Superb wagon from those photos too!

Does look nice though - just don't think it needs to get any bigger from the current size.

I do know what you are saying but just over another 100 litres compared to the 3 series estate is perfect for me. It'll be interesting to get behind the wheel as I always thought the Superb was almost 'too big', especially in respect of the rear legroom.

I wonder what engines will feature 4x4. 184bhp diesel with 4x4 and dsg would be nice.

Cant see them ever allowing that as it would make the VRS TDi look bad given its use of that same engine.

I do know what you are saying but just over another 100 litres compared to the 3 series estate is perfect for me. It'll be interesting to get behind the wheel as I always thought the Superb was almost 'too big', especially in respect of the rear legroom.

Can see where you're coming from. Although saying that I can fit more in my Octy2 hatch than my Dad could in his old E92 3 Touring!

So even in current form the estate should have no issue outgunning the 3.

Cant see them ever allowing that as it would make the VRS TDi look bad given its use of that same engine.

Maybe have a VRS 4x4 option? I bet it would be popular.

Can see where you're coming from. Although saying that I can fit more in my Octy2 hatch than my Dad could in his old E92 3 Touring!

I agree my current octy has way more boot space than my 3 series did. My big lab fits in easily so any more boot space just seems overkill. Everyone is different with different needs but if you need more space get the superb.

Edited by Jockdooshbag

Maybe have a VRS 4x4 option? I bet it would be popular.

I reckon the VAG position is that would be too like an A4 quattro and potentially steal sales? Although maybe that position is softening with the higher output Yeti and Superb models with 4x4??

More than likely the highest output would be the CR150 (or whatever the new output is) hooked up to 4x4. That would still be quite useful mind you.

I guess its the shape of the boot thats important. Personally, Ive tried loading up an Exeo ST and a 2010 3 series Touring (unsure of the bimmer model designation) with a couple of large items and reckon to be on the safe side I need about 100 litres extra for the summer trip each year. My old Octy VRS estate appeared a good chunk bigger than both, boot wise.

Spot on - the actual shape of the Touring boot isn't that great, and along with RWD isn't that deep either. Think they've addressed that to some extent in the brand new 3 Touring, but then that's hardly a direct Octy competitor at 26k for a 316d :p

• Like 1

I reckon the VAG position is that would be too like an A4 quattro and potentially steal sales? Although maybe that position is softening with the higher output Yeti and Superb models with 4x4??

More than likely the highest output would be the CR150 (or whatever the new output is) hooked up to 4x4. That would still be quite useful mind you.

So the above (CR150 + 4x4) and a remap and it's sorted... :rock:

The new Scout will allegedly come with the 185BHP TDI and DSG but not the "standard" cars.

Interesting. Except I like the stealth 4x4 I have :) But if the Scout gets the bigger engine and hopefully under body protection, its the one for me.