New Octavia III pricing released with specifications.

ColinD

• Administrators

ŠKODA announces UK prices and specifications for the all-new ŠKODA Octavia

The new ŠKODA Octavia sets new standards in the compact segment. With unrivalled interior space, innovative safety and comfort systems, low fuel consumption, and a wide range of ‘Simply Clever‘ solutions, the third-generation Octavia sets the benchmark in every key area.

The ŠKODA Octavia has always offered that little bit extra. The new generation builds on this, by adding more space, much more equipment, the latest technology and, of course, value for money.

The new Octavia will be available in the UK with four advanced engine options: two petrol and two diesel. Power outputs range from 105PS (1.2 TSI, 1.6 TDI CR) to 150PS for the 2.0 TDI 150PS model.

On sale in the UK from 16 March 2013, prices for Octavia start from just £15,990 with models separated into ŠKODA’s familiar three trim levels of S, SE and Elegance. Diesel versions start from only £18,040.

Price/value comparison

The new Skoda Octavia, with is wide range of standard equipment, is great value, both when compared to the previous generation and when comparing the value of additional standard equipment at each trim level step.

• Buyers opting for the entry level S model get an additional £3,500 of value over the equivalent predecessor car.

• The mid-range SE is fitted with extra equipment worth £2,220, yet it costs a mere £1,200 more than the S model. It represents an enhanced value offering of £3,890 over the outgoing model.
  • The flagship Elegance model adds £1,850 in price over the same engine in SE trim, but comes with additional features worth £3,575. Compared to its predecessor, it has an additional value offering of £5,300.

Price and Engine Availability

Stop/start and Energy Recovery is fitted as standard across the range

Petrol

1.2 TSI 105PS

S - £15,990

SE - £17,190

1.2 TSI 105PS DSG*

Available from May 2013

S - £17,240

SE - £18,440

-

1.4 TSI 140PS

-

SE - £18,390

Elegance - £20,240

1.4 TSI 140PS DSG*

-

SE - £19,640

Elegance - £21,490

1.6 TDI CR 105PS

S - £18,040

SE - £19,240

Elegance - £21,090

1.6 TDI CR 105PS DSG*

S - £19,290

SE - £20,490

Elegance - £22,340

2.0 TDI CR 150PS

-

SE - £20,140

Elegance - £21,990

2.0 TDI CR 150PS DSG

-

SE - £21,390

Elegance - £23,240

New Octavia Standard Equipment by Trim Level

(Additional equipment over current Octavia marked in bold)

New Octavia S

16” ‘Minoris” alloy wheels

Head & curtain airbags

8 loudspeakers

Height adjustable driver seat

Aero windscreen wipers with intermittent function

Height adjustable front and rear head restraints

Air recirculation with pollen filter

Height and reach adjustable steering wheel

Alarm

Hill hold

Automatic Post-Collision Braking

Illuminated luggage compartment

Bluetooth

Interior light with door pillar switches

Body coloured bumpers and side mouldings

Internally adjustable headlight beam level

DAB

Lashing eyelets in the luggage compartment

Daytime running lights

Leather steering wheel (4 spoke)

Driver and passenger front and side airbags

Manual air conditioning

Driver knee airbag

MDI (with USB)

Electric front windows

Outdoor temperature gauge

Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors

Passenger airbag de-activation switch

Electro-mechanical power steering

Passenger vanity mirror

Electronic engine immobiliser

Remote central locking

Energy recovery

Split and folding rear seats

ESC incl ABS, EBV, MSR, ASR, EDS, HBA, DSR

Stop/start

Folding rear seats

Tinted glass

Fuel supply cut off switch

Touchscreen “Bolero” (with 6CD autochanger and proximity sensor)

Gear change recommendation

Two ISOFIX child seat fittings in rear

Halogen projector headlights with DE-module

Tyre repair kit (no spare wheel)

Additional value of £3,500 over outgoing Octavia S

New Octavia SE

16” ‘Ilias’ alloys w anti-theft wheel bolts

ESC incl ABS, EBV, MSR, ASR, EDS, HBA, DSR

Acoustic rear parking sensors

Front fog lights

Bluetooth

Curtain airbags

Body-coloured door mirrors and handles

Height adjustable driver and passenger seats with lumbar support

Chrome finished inner door handles

Hill hold

DAB

Illuminated glove box

Driver alert system (fatigue detection)

Maxi-dot trip computer

Driver knee airbag

MDI (with USB)

Driver’s vanity mirror

Pockets on rear of front seats

Driving mode selection (eco/comfort/sport/custom)

Rear electric window (with child safety switch)

Dual-zone air conditioning with humidity sensor

Stop/start

Energy recovery

TPM+

Additional value of £3,890 over outgoing Octavia SE

New Octavia Elegance

17” ‘Teron’ alloys with anti-theft wheel bolts

Floor mats

Alcantara and leather trim

Front armrest with Jumbo box (storage compartment)

Amundsen satellite navigation (with proximity sensor)

Front assistant*

Auto dimming rear view mirror

Curtain airbags

Bluetooth

High beam assist

Colour Maxi-dot display

Hill hold

Cruise control

Light assistant with rain sensor

DAB

MDI (with USB)

Driver alert system (fatigue detection)

MFSW radio and telephone

Driver knee airbag

Net in luggage compartment

Driving mode selection (eco/comfort/sport/custom)

Rear seat splits and folding with armrest and storage box

Electrically adjustable, heated and foldable mirrors with boarding spots

Stop/start

Energy recovery

Telescopic front headlight washers

ESC inc ABS, EBV, MSR, ASR, EDS, HBA, DSR

TPM+

Additional value of £5,300 over outgoing Octavia Elegance

• Like 3

Tyre repair kit (no spare wheel)

2.0 TDI CR 150PS - SE - £20,140

My worst fear confirmed

£20k+ for downgraded rear suspension that was used in Mk1 Octy (torsion beam, no multi-link there), no spare wheel possible and a downgraded 50l fuel tank?

Good luck selling that showroom car (as opposed to real life driviing car), I'll pass.

Edited by dieselV6

Putting aside the issue about the marginally smaller fuel tank, please, oh god please.

The lack of spare wheel, especially the lack of anywhere to store one is really troubling me. Have I got that right, not only is there no spare wheel provided, there's no wheel well?

Just been Googling around and the fluff from manufacturers, even manufacturers within the same group is hilarious!

• Skoda: ‘We use this puncture repair kit in our overall strive for environmentally friendly car operation to decrease weight and improve efficiency.’

And

• VW: ‘Our customers expect a Volkswagen to have a spare wheel, not a repair kit. It also helps to keep consumers happier in the event of a puncture if they have a spare wheel.’

So there you go, Skoda drivers care about the environment, but VW drivers care about their ability to get to their destination but aren't so fussed about the polar bears :rofl:

We're a fairly low mileage family, approx 6000 miles a year (I work from home), but 2000 of those miles are an annual trip to the Alps, I really don't fancy having a puncture half way (or any way) into that journey. Even the thought of a puncture without a spare is bad enough.

Yes I know this is a growing trend amongst car manufacturers, but it doesn't make sense to me at all.

• 1 month later...

bumping hell of an old thread, but,

is it only me, or are the smallest rims that will fit on it, 16"?

that means end of 15" Škoda era?

Too bad, now i'm more proned to Octa II :(

"The lack of spare wheel, especially the lack of anywhere to store one is really troubling me. Have I got that right, not only is there no spare wheel provided, there's no wheel well?"

Please check out Silverline post 10 vid at 05.11 and tell me what you can see.

"The lack of spare wheel, especially the lack of anywhere to store one is really troubling me. Have I got that right, not only is there no spare wheel provided, there's no wheel well?"

Alternatively, you've already seen the video I suppose, what did you see? It would help anyone searching.

looks terribly to me like a spare wheel!

You can have a full size spare wheel, jack and tools on Octy 3, but in the UK you have to beg the salesman for it, while in other countries you just add it to options list.

You can have a full size spare wheel, jack and tools on Octy 3, but in the UK you have to beg the salesman for it, while in other countries you just add it to options list.

The UK Octy 111 car configurator quite clearly shows that there are in fact two different options available for ordering a spare wheel.

The customer has the option of either a Steel spare wheel or a Temporary space saver wheel.

Both these are priced at £75.00 each - Seems good value and quite straight forward

If you have a lower spec car with 16" alloys you can get a steel spare. If you have 17" or 18" wheels then a space saver is the option, presumably because you can't fit a wheel of that size in the boot.

Just returned from a great evening out at Sherlodge Garage for their launch of the 111 with Matt Bodycome, Matt (Boss Man) Hinkson and mdK1. The Rapid was as disappointing as I expected & the the 111 is as awesome as I'd hoped. What a lovely car to be in!

• Like 2

Damn, if I'd have known it was going to be a group gathering, I'd have walked down! ;)

Saw the MKIII in the morning, I feel it's evolution over revolution. No L&K slated at the moment, vRS due June/July.

This multi-mode thing apparently is remap on the go (according to Russ). So 4 maps already on the engine. Looks like this could be 'interesting' for remappers.

Oh. I did kinda notice the Rapid skulking in the corner too. Apparently not the seller they were hoping it would be. Estate arrives soon, along with facelift Superb, Yeti, followed by Fabia facelift next year.......I feel the "corporate look" coming on again.

Damn, if I'd have known it was going to be a group gathering, I'd have walked down! ;)

Saw the MKIII in the morning, I feel it's evolution over revolution. No L&K slated at the moment, vRS due June/July.

This multi-mode thing apparently is remap on the go (according to Russ). So 4 maps already on the engine. Looks like this could be 'interesting' for remappers.

Oh. I did kinda notice the Rapid skulking in the corner too. Apparently not the seller they were hoping it would be. Estate arrives soon, along with facelift Superb, Yeti, followed by Fabia facelift next year.......I feel the "corporate look" coming on again.

I can't believe they're only facelifting a car that was launched 13 years ago. I've always thought the Mk2 Fabia was a revamp in the wrong direction, the last facelift helped address that but with the exception of the Monte, that is one out of date looking car!

I can't believe they're only facelifting a car that was launched 13 years ago. I've always thought the Mk2 Fabia was a revamp in the wrong direction, the last facelift helped address that but with the exception of the Monte, that is one out of date looking car!

It isnt a facelift, its a brand new car on the MQB platform - a very different setup. :)

• Like 2

It isnt a facelift, its a brand new car on the MQB platform - a very different setup. :)

I saw one in the flesh in the dealer today, and I didn't particularly like the looks, very A4 IMO.

However to take up Yeti Man's point, I think they've gone back to trailing arm rear suspension set up which is a real shame. I notice they're trumping wieght savings so that'll have been a factor.

I couldn't swear to that cause I didn't want to get down on my hands and knees in the dealer but it looked very much like it.

Edited by collard