New Octavia III Estate Information

ColinD

Such a torment as mine is due for replacement in April and there wont be any VRS estates let alone standard models available for then methinks.

There isnt anything else out there that can compete for Price,space, practicality and enjoyment.(realise Im preaching to the converted).

MK3 Does look the business though! Just makes it very difficuilt for other marques to compete, so no change there then!

Although there is still life in the MK2 FL yet! ;)

When you say due for replacement - do you mean on a lease deal or similar?

Think I'd go for a Superb wagon if that was my position. Can see it's frustrating though, when it needs to be a brand new car.

When you say due for replacement - do you mean on a lease deal or similar?

Think I'd go for a Superb wagon if that was my position. Can see it's frustrating though, when it needs to be a brand new car.

Its a company vehicle and we only keep them for 3 years ,then its find as good a deal as you can while existing car still has a respectable trade in value even at 90k.

Have made the decision to go for DSG (Octy VRS) this time which for me is enough of an acknowledgement that Im getting older and feel if I entered into the Superb way of life I might as well get the pipe and slippers. ;) (apart from that, its far to big).

• Like 1

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/geneva-motor-show-2013/skoda-octavia-estate-revealed

Autocar state the vRS will be out for the summer!

"

Engines are expected to mirror the hatchback’s, with a potent vRS version set to follow in the summer.

Skoda will also unveil the new Octavia 4x4 in Geneva. As before, the car will feature a Haldex clutch, but this is likely to be mated exclusively to the 2.0-litre TDI engine."

• Administrators

The vRS will be out in the summer, since everyone appears to now mention this, I'm supposed to not say ;), given I was told by a service department guy I reckon the cat is near enough out of the bag :), that and autocar blew it in Dec...

Two events in July where it will be displayed, one is Gaydon on the 28th of July along with some other 'special' models.

The other is a slightly larger event, also in a place beginning with G, Goodwood, details to follow and hopefully some tickets for a few lucky owners.

• Like 4

The vRS will be out in the summer, since everyone appears to now mention this, I'm supposed to not say ;), given I was told by a service department guy I reckon the cat is near enough out of the bag :), that and autocar blew it in Dec...

Two events in July where it will be displayed, one is Gaydon on the 28th of July along with some other 'special' models.

The other is a slightly larger event, also in a place beginning with G, Goodwood, details to follow and hopefully some tickets for a few lucky owners.

Will they be letting us take it round the go kart track at Gaydon Colin? ;):rofl:

• 4 weeks later...

Booked a test drive of the new hatch for tomorrow, but wont be ordering one as we prefer estates, just like to see what's on offer & how the 'drive' has changed from ours, plus youngest son is interested in a hatch to replace his mondeo, so he'll be along as well.

• 1 month later...

Oh goodness, it's started again hasn't it? Do we need to start the £1 rumour fund again? :p

"I've heard there'll be a V8 option....." :happy:

ah, you're thinking of the one where 4 cylinders cut out when she gets rolling, even to 2 on a long downward stretch. Rumoured to average overall 90 mpg, diesel of course and co2 at a miserly emission of 59. With R F L pay to owner of £30 if vehicle kept for 12 months and for every full year thereafter. 6 months waiting list already apparently.

• Like 1

Oh goodness, it's started again hasn't it? Do we need to start the £1 rumour fund again? :p

"I've heard there'll be a V8 option....." :happy:

well I never, a post I made to this seems to have got lost, anyone " own up "

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...