Replacement for my Diesel vRS

lfc958

As i no longer do the 20K+ p.a. miles the diesel just sits in the garage all week & is only used of a weekend.

If i have to do any short journeys, I use SWMBO's Fabia.

My car is just coming up to 27 months old & only done just over 18K miles - yes it is a waste.

Have been looking around at possible replacements post September, petrol version, current possible options.

• See if anyone wants to swap a FL diesel for a petrol.
  • Peugeot 208 GTI ( when it's released )
  • Rapid vRS - if they do one
  • New Leon FR ( nice choice of 140 or 180 engines )
  • Cee'd GT ( when it's released. )

Would seriously like to trade for a MK3 petrol vRS, but it wont fit in the garage :heartbreak: :( .

Parking is a nightmare where i live, anything the size of the Octy has to park partially on the kerb otherwise emergency vehicles wont get down the road, or you are guaranteed to loose a wing mirror if you forget to fold it in.

Anyone seen anything around or in the press thats equivalent.

Dont want Audi, BMW, VW.

Cee'd will be overpriced when it comes out. It'll depreciate like a bomb for a year or two then be a good buy.

Pug= French. You'll try it once.

New Leon is a bit boring imho.

Swap for a petrol VRS might be your best option but I can understand the desire for a change.

Since your mileage is very low I'd have suggested going for something stupid like an S500 merc but any massive cockmobile is not going to fit with your parking.

What about going the opposite way? Get something very basic and cheap and release some money from the car for something else? If you don't need the car much and you're not buying a toy what's the point of spending a lot on it? I used the same argument with SWMBO (4 mi a day) and lost.

The small basic is not a bad idea, but would still like either sporty or comfort.

I did have a citroen BX 17 Diesel which didnt have the usual reputation for bad build & breakdown, so am not averse to french cars.

Not a fan of Fords but based on my oldests experience with his fiesta, they are not all bad.

Any toy suggestions anyone, altho i do like my comforts now being of a certain age :D

Depending on how your neighbours are and how many seats you need what about a convertible or coupe merc? Or an S2000, brilliant car and older ones are getting cheap. Mate has an 02 S2000 and it's never missed a beat despite being shut up in a shed for 9 months a year.

Alfa hmmm looks good, engines all the same top end but just different CO2 emmisions,

GIven that this is a Fiat underneath & had one & i got rid after 2 years as it gave me problems ( back to garage 3x to fix the same problem)

Probably worth getting a pre reg or nearly new am not impressed with new price.

1 for the list thou :)

If you get an Alfa i refuse i diognose anything on that car :wonder: i will think 2wice about coming round again LOL (although that might be a perk for you :rofl: )

the S2000 on the other hand... if you go for one of them i will be round most weeknds :happy:

You could trade it in for an Ibiza Bocca.

Have you checked to see if a Mustang will fit in the Garage

Ford-Mustang.jpg

:giggle:

Have you checked to see if a Mustang will fit in the Garage

Ford-Mustang.jpg

:giggle:

I just love the current Mustang. The Shelby one is awesome, but I can't afford the fuel bills. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As i no longer do the 20K+ p.a. miles the diesel just sits in the garage all week & is only used of a weekend.

If i have to do any short journeys, I use SWMBO's Fabia.

My car is just coming up to 27 months old & only done just over 18K miles - yes it is a waste.

Have been looking around at possible replacements post September, petrol version, current possible options.

• See if anyone wants to swap a FL diesel for a petrol.
  • Peugeot 208 GTI ( when it's released )
  • Rapid vRS - if they do one
  • New Leon FR ( nice choice of 140 or 180 engines )
  • Cee'd GT ( when it's released. )

Would seriously like to trade for a MK3 petrol vRS, but it wont fit in the garage :heartbreak: :( .

Parking is a nightmare where i live, anything the size of the Octy has to park partially on the kerb otherwise emergency vehicles wont get down the road, or you are guaranteed to loose a wing mirror if you forget to fold it in.

Anyone seen anything around or in the press thats equivalent.

Dont want Audi, BMW, VW.

I have exactly the same issue with my VRS. Two years old and just 12k gentle miles on the clock. Wife wants a smaller car and, for some reason, does not get on with DSG.

I am going to change for one of the VW/Audi/Skoda group of cars with the new 1.2Tsi engines. The new Golf looks favourite at the moment but I may be swayed.

Edited by kevberlin

An Up! GT?

Yes that was another one & I forgot to add that to my list :thumbup:

Thanks for some decent suggestions & the mustang wont fit in the garage, along with any I have seen advertised are LHD.

Quite like the look of a Lotus Elise, if i could find an Avora for less than 20k, then would add that as a serious consideration :D

I do like the current Fabia vRS & have driven 1 several times, but just don't want DSG ( yet) ;)

Have to wait for the new Fiesta ST & have a look, it's one for the list.

Ibiza ST FR has the 150 engine ( nice :) ), only DSG :( same reason as Fabia vRS

Punto - Had a Fiat & wasnt impressed, but i do know a brisky member had one & really liked it, so might be worth putting on the lis of options ( but not near top)

Thanks all for your posts you're coming in with some decent additions & making the final decision now a tad difficult. :rofl:

Cee'd will be overpriced when it comes out. It'll depreciate like a bomb for a year or two then be a good buy.

Pug= French. You'll try it once.

New Leon is a bit boring imho.

Swap for a petrol VRS might be your best option but I can understand the desire for a change.

Since your mileage is very low I'd have suggested going for something stupid like an S500 merc but any massive cockmobile is not going to fit with your parking.

What about going the opposite way? Get something very basic and cheap and release some money from the car for something else? If you don't need the car much and you're not buying a toy what's the point of spending a lot on it? I used the same argument with SWMBO (4 mi a day) and lost.

swmbo has a little 1.2 Fabia so no need for the basic. Unless we sell mine and I get a toy ;)