Hunter Alignment results - Before & Afters

Hi all,

I havent seen one of these for a while so in preperation for my re-map @Shark this Sat AM I thought I'd get my tracking/alignment sorted before hand.

I have attached my before & after pics & it's true the car does feel better & you notice is so much more on a straight road. I got it done in my local Formula 1 centre in Hedge end - Good service & has a viewing bay too.

Any comments welcome (apart from telling me it's all in my head & the tollerances are too small to notice please :giggle: )

Mark

post-73279-0-60378800-1362517432_thumb.jpg

post-73279-0-51646000-1362517449_thumb.jpg

Edited by HWMBO - Mark
  • Like 1

Hi

Just out of intrest did u notice any effects before hand that went away? i.e the droning from the rears?

Can't say i've ever really suffered from that noise, that said I do usually have the stereo on most of the time. I will test it out (under silent conditions) & get back to you.

Edited by HWMBO - Mark

I am not surprised you can feel the difference looking at the before, but I would have wanted even values each side on the afters for the camber and toe.

Only takes 10 minutes more a side to get perfection :-)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

The droning is a result of the tread being worn wonkily, rather than the camber settings as such. Until the feathered edges are worn off, it will sound the same.

While the rear camber is easy to adjust in theory, they are a bit prone to seizing, that could be why there is little change. I would expect a notification though.

Adjusting the camber on a MK II octy is a bit of a pig, as you have to undo it, the steering rack and then move both sides.

One going in and the other goes out and they are not adjustable independently.

At that point, when they're that close why would you fiddle as you're most likely to cause other issues.

Adjusting the camber on a MK II octy is a bit of a pig, as you have to undo it, the steering rack and then move both sides.

At that point, when they're that close why would you fiddle as you're most likely to cause other issues.

The front camber is really close so as you say why fiddle,it's the rear at .4 of a degree difference I would want to be closer to each other.

• Like 1

How much did they charge you ? I take it that you have to pre-book to have it carried out ?

£62 all in. I called up before I popped over & the fella said he was quiet that afternoon, so I popped in after work at 2pm.

Edited by HWMBO - Mark
  • Like 1

The engineer did say something along those lines. In fairness the overall feel has improved & I am within the tollerances so I feel i've got my money's worth.

There's nothing wrong with those result, good job! I noticed a massive difference on my VRS estate after I had mine done (went to wheels in motion and they couldn't have been better!) My rears were quieter and the car just felt more planted at speed once done. :)

• Like 1

Because that is what you are paying for. Mine were out and the guy at Wheels in Motion spent ages getting all the readings spot on.

Oops, they charged me £90 for a full alignment!

As they did me when I had the full works on my old MK2 Superb, they also spent more than an hour fiddling and adjusting. You cannot compare WIM to Formula one though, WIM are well respected and have regular meets at their site from the Ferrari owners club etc.

• Like 1

All they've done is done Toe In (tracking), so its just an expensive wheel alignment, I would want, for that money, all 100%. Otherwise just spend £20 at local Kwik Fit.

jobsworth, where did you get yours done??

£36 seems too cheap for a full alignment!! If it's true then I'm getting mine done ASAP.

I can't decide if my tyres are droning at the front and/or rear, or whether my wheel bearings are a bit iffy. It's only a 61 plate CR vRS so shouldn't be expecting worn bearings?

I need someone local to compare my car with.

Any one in the southampton area that wants this done i can organise a group day at the wheel alignment centre west quay road as i have been doing this for hampshire subaru for the last few years(i had an impreza before my octy).

Nick that runs the place is a top bloke http://www.wheelalignmentcentre.co.uk/contact.htm