Hunter Alignment results - Before & Afters

Any one in the southampton area that wants this done i can organise a group day at the wheel alignment centre west quay road as i have been doing this for hampshire subaru for the last few years(i had an impreza before my octy).

Nick that runs the place is a top bloke http://www.wheelalig....uk/contact.htm

sign me up, ive been planning to go to F1 auto center in hedge end as i live 5 mins from it but would defiently go else where due to recomendation/alittle wonga saved :D

I can't decide if my tyres are droning at the front and/or rear, or whether my wheel bearings are a bit iffy. It's only a 61 plate CR vRS so shouldn't be expecting worn bearings?

Highly likely it's your alignment that needs sorting.

Because that is what you are paying for. Mine were out and the guy at Wheels in Motion spent ages getting all the readings spot on.

Right, but on the front it's a parallelogram. Pull one side out and the other side will go in the same direction (in) by the same amount. The only way around that is new parts or camber adjustable parts.

For 0.02 difference, you'd not bother.

In terms of the rear, yes you'd want that done, but I was talking about the front end.

A full alignment cost me £160 at Ninemeister in Warrington after my Audi had been repaired by a body shop for suspension damage, the rubbish part of it was that the nice print out showed everything was as it should be but the car was 1" higher on the nearside and it scrubbed rear nearside tyres in 5,000 miles!

Nobody seemed interested about the tyre wear just the fact the print out said it was ok, this car was sent through the auction and some unfortunate bought it.

That's not the experience, or cost, I've had from Ninemeister. They know their stuff and how to set suspension up - their main business is Porsche and race/motorsport preparation after all.

That price is also nearly double, so unless they needed to spend a lot more time on the Audi?

The car had slid on diesel into the kerb sideways and a new subframe fitted to the rear, insurance company gave it back in a right state and Ninemeister were recommended by centralvwaudi, they had the car on the ramp for a good while along with a guy from the insurance so I think they hiked the price as the insurance paid, I was amazed at the print out being spot on but the fact it scrubbed the nearside tyre off so quickly from the outside edge. Even though the alignment was correct, even Ninemeister were scratching their heads.

If you are looking for an Audi A4 avant avoid RK58WXO...

jobsworth, where did you get yours done??

£36 seems too cheap for a full alignment!! If it's true then I'm getting mine done ASAP.

I can't decide if my tyres are droning at the front and/or rear, or whether my wheel bearings are a bit iffy. It's only a 61 plate CR vRS so shouldn't be expecting worn bearings?

I need someone local to compare my car with.

Got mine sorted at Tyre Exchange on Preston Farm Ind Est. £36 - New Hunter Rig. Computerised 4W Alignment.

Gave me a before and after printout too.

Happy to meet up if you want to compare road noise etc. New tyres solved my issues.

Edited by jobsworth

Hi all,

I havent seen one of these for a while so in preperation for my re-map @Shark this Sat AM I thought I'd get my tracking/alignment sorted before hand.

I have attached my before & after pics & it's true the car does feel better & you notice is so much more on a straight road. I got it done in my local Formula 1 centre in Hedge end - Good service & has a viewing bay too.

Any comments welcome (apart from telling me it's all in my head & the tollerances are too small to notice please :giggle: )

Mark

post-73279-0-60378800-1362517432_thumb.jpg

post-73279-0-51646000-1362517449_thumb.jpg

interesting.. my printout is the same type as yours... but they chose a different setting:

Skoda Octavia ii(2004- )

Front Wheel Drive Suspension RS (2UC) :01/2006-

????

That's not the experience, or cost, I've had from Ninemeister. They know their stuff and how to set suspension up - their main business is Porsche and race/motorsport preparation after all.

That price is also nearly double, so unless they needed to spend a lot more time on the Audi?

I was surprised at the price.. I was expecting double that. I have used them quite a bit for various cars and maybe they gave me a good price. Service has always been good, workshop is spotless too.

interesting.. my printout is the same type as yours... but they chose a different setting:

Skoda Octavia ii(2004- )

Front Wheel Drive Suspension RS (2UC) :01/2006-

????

That is the correct setting for a vRS, looking at the first post again the wrong settings were used since the OP has a vRS.

That is the correct setting for a vRS, looking at the first post again the wrong settings were used since the OP has a vRS.

Interesting.... Is it worth going back then or does not really matter too much from your knowledge?

Well this is what I've had done...

And it's not Hunter, it's Hawkeye or something

Just noticed my suspension details are different to the other reports.

Edited by ItalianJob

Well this is what I've had done...

And it's not Hunter, it's Hawkeye or something

Just noticed my suspension details are different to the other reports.

Made any difference? Any advice on your tyres?

I think you'll find the system is a Hunter - Hawkeye - http://www.hunter.co.../hawkeye_elite/ ;)

Edited by jobsworth

I think the noise is down to the chunky rainsport 2 tyres on the front. I could be wrong though!

I need to give it a run down the country roads on the way to work to see if it feels more planted.

Got some oil from the local Skoda dealer on the way home, they had 2 black blacklines with black alloys, very nice - if only!

I think the noise is down to the chunky rainsport 2 tyres on the front. I could be wrong though!

Rainsport 2s run fine with correct alignment. A number of members on here run them on the Octy2 with no problems.

• 3 weeks later...