Park Assist who uses it?

Hi all

I'm about to buy an early Superb, I have found a decent Elegance but it does not have park assist only reversing sensors. I would like to know how many people actually use the park assist?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I haven't tried it yet as I haven't parallel parked since I bought it!

When I collected the car, the salesman said he couldn't demonstrate it as he had never used it and was too worried about it going wrong if he tried it!

I used it once in the 2 years I owned the Superb, found I could park it quicker myself. The park assist also has a wonderful time shredding alloy wheels, as my old Superb showed perfectly with the rear kerbside wheel which had a lot of curb damage. It was an ex. Skoda UK car, and as such had before my ownership been used to demo a lot of features.

Hi I have the standard factory fit rear parking sensors and no front sensors on my elegance.

I've parallel Parked the car twice without problems and its fairly easy to see the front of the car.

If budgets your concern you can defiantly live without park assist but I must admit it looks awesome!

I've used it for fun but as has been stated b4 it's quicker reversing yourself, however I use the front sensors all the time, especially useful parking nose to a wall in a car park and wanting minimal protrusion beyond the bay, some bays being a bit small for the Superb. Given the choice I would opt for front sensors.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk

I have used it about a dozen times in the last year. Tell you what it really blows the mind of BMW and Audi drivers I know who cannot but be green with envy how good the Superb is.................

Thanks for all of the advice, it now seems to me that having front sensors would be beneficial, especially for nose to wall parking.

Doh!! Back to looking for another car.

Only cost me £150 over having front parking sensors. It was a no-brainer to spec it in my opinion.

Do I use it? not really. Just to show off, or if there's only one space and I want the car to measure it before I try and park in it!

Al.

• Like 1

I use it frequently, it's brilliant.

As for the kerbing? That's 100% down to you, the driver. The system uses the outside edge of the obstacles (front and rear of the spot into which you are going) to park the outside edge of the Superb. Therefore, if you are parking between two cars that are, 1 narrower than the superb, or, 2. Already jammed up against the kerb, you will touch the kerb. It's a case of a workman blaming his tools.

A funny story, from me using it. I was parking in a town, one day, using the park assist. As the car was manoeuvring, me with my hands off the wheel, a pedestrian stopped, looked, with his mouth wide-open at the steering wheel whizzing all over the place.

My wife will not use it.

Only cost me £150 over having front parking sensors. It was a no-brainer to spec it in my opinion.

Do I use it? not really. Just to show off, or if there's only one space and I want the car to measure it before I try and park in it!

Al.

My sentiments exactly.

Al.

This is also the reason I specced it.

Yes it is useful, but in 27 months I have only needed it half a dozen times, it IS however ideal for picking a tight gap that you may have otherwise driven past - it chooses tighter gaps than I would.

At the very least get one with front sensors, but Park Assist would be even better, a lot of the early cars had it specced anyway as it was a new system so promoted heavily.

The system uses the outside edge of the obstacles (front and rear of the spot into which you are going) to park the outside edge of the Superb. Therefore, if you are parking between two cars that are, 1 narrower than the superb, or, 2. Already jammed up against the kerb, you will touch the kerb. It's a case of a workman blaming his tools.

Not in my experience, the first time I used it the n/s/r tyre just touched the curb, so I interveined and finished the manoeuvre myself, when I got out of the car I checked the car in front and behind who were both miles away from the curb (12”+) the offside of my car was also closer to the curb than both of the other cars as well, so it had not lined up with them at all.

But as you said it is only an aid, use your n/s mirror (drop it down so you can see the curb) and you will be fine.

yes, I use park assist. It's geat when your passenger hasn't noticed what you are doing and the steering wheel moves by it's self and they don't know whats going on

My sentiments exactly.

Me too, although the newer system also does bay parking and/or parallel so I have ticked the box on my new Octy III which does both. In addition to the front sensors, for the extra cost the two additional front/side wing sensors also help when parking manually or reversing down long narrow driveways :drunk:

i used it 3 or 4 time and that was just to show off, for me it's a useless thing but when i brought my superb i did't like the leather optin and in that money (1500 Euros) i filled my car with gadgets like that ... anyway , i also wanted front parking sensors and the autopilot optin was only 200euros more .. so .. i got it..

Park Assist was one bit of kit I spec'd, really for residuals. Was bit frightened of it...too much like magic. But this thread inspired me, out came the manual, and tried it. Wow. Very impressive. Next, to a really tight space it identified a few days later, used Park assist, and Mrs Brockysuperb said 'you hit the car behind'. 'Didn't' I replied. So she got out, and as it was quiet, I drove out, reversed back 10 metres, and repeated the whole recognition and park process with her eagle eye on the task.Now she's also blown away. And all thanks to this thread.

• Like 1