Shark map wheelspin/smoke?

I don't understand why your all saying I need to change my driving style. I'm fully used to the car have had it 6 months. When I say that the wheel spin is a nightmare I mean that sometimes... not all the time mate. Obviously when pulling away in certain situations the wheels do spin but I then prevent it. Only rarely does this happen. My driving style is ok IMO I average about 50-60mpg. Never exceed speed limits on public roads due to having my son in the back 90% of the time I'm driving. All tests are done on my uncles farm ( he has a long road round the back which is his for getting to different parts of the farm). My tyres have been changed in last the 3 month and have more than enough tread in fact look brand new. Don't think there's any need to comment on my driving style when asking a question about the cars capabilities when re-mapped. I'm trying to investigate if the previous owner has mapped my car.

Not having a go one bit - as I said in another post if could be a number of thing! If you are a capable driver then it could be an aggressive map or it could be your tyres! You say your tyres are quite new but you never said what tyres they are - they could be utter crap hence you issues!

:)

you obviously feel the need to carry this on. Tell me why is it that you instantly started having a go about me? I asked a honest question mate I didn't ask for an argument. Obviously you feel the need to take your insecurities out on other people . Just leave it man I got the answer I wanted from someone who actually took my question seriously.

If I have a point to make I'll make it.........nothing about being insecure, unlike your front wheels

So from the answers given so far you've been able to tell if your engine is mapped or not? Good going that

If I have a point to make I'll make it.........nothing about being insecure, unlike your front wheels

So from the answers given so far you've been able to tell if your engine is mapped or not? Good going that

no I'm going meet up with homesie cause his is standard and take a ride to compare. My front wheels are secure just cause I got ordanary budgets on doesn't make them insecure man. Think ill get the car plugged into a vag thingy ma jig to see what the crack is. It's the only way ill know for sure. Bit due to the answers I have got so far it suggests that my car isn't mapped.

Not having a go one bit - as I said in another post if could be a number of thing! If you are a capable driver then it could be an aggressive map or it could be your tyres! You say your tyres are quite new but you never said what tyres they are - they could be utter crap hence you issues!

:)

I know ya not mate. Yeah I run budgets mate

no I'm going meet up with homesie cause his is standard and take a ride to compare. My front wheels are secure just cause I got ordanary budgets on doesn't make them insecure man. Think ill get the car plugged into a vag thingy ma jig to see what the crack is. It's the only way ill know for sure. Bit due to the answers I have got so far it suggests that my car isn't mapped.

i tried pming you but didnt get a reply ... xscape car park infront of burger king at half 6ish tonight ok?

Not sure if you actually got an answer on the smoke question (I was too busy laughing at some of the flanger going on :) ) but Shark maps don't smoke in the traditional manner any more, they did slightly till a few years ago.

I'm not getting wheel spin "all the time" I merely stated that the car "can" wheel spin in the stated gears. You can't honestly believe I spin the wheels up constantly. I have been driving over 5 years. As said I just stated the wheels can spin up in those gears which leads me to believe that the car has been mapped. Please don't make it out that I constantly spin the wheels mate cause I don't ok

I wasn't assuming anything and certainly didn't mean any offence. I had budget tires on my car when I first got it and noticed the grip levels were quite shocking. I'm running a hybrid turbo with approx 80 + bhp over standard and don't have any issues with wheel spin.

Not sure if you actually got an answer on the smoke question (I was too busy laughing at some of the flanger going on :) ) but Shark maps don't smoke in the traditional manner any more, they did slightly till a few years ago.
im not the guy who opened the thread about smoke I just asked about the wheel spin mate

I wasn't assuming anything and certainly didn't mean any offence. I had budget tires on my car when I first got it and noticed the grip levels were quite shocking. I'm running a hybrid turbo with approx 80 + bhp over standard and don't have any issues with wheel spin.

maybe it's just my budget tyres then bro:-)

I had budgets on when I got my car. They are absolutely crap compared to a set of toyos or any other similar brand. Car would understeer in the wet at any speed the back would slide out whenever it felt like it. Get some decent mid ranged tyres on and after 100 miles or so the car is transformed and safer!!

worn tyres will make it spin up in the first 3 gears on a standard map.

A greasy damp road with good tyres will make it spin up in the first 3 gears on a standard map.

If you want to check if it's been mapped or not, get it booked onto a rolling road and see what it's producing!

The standard map has a nasty torque spike at around 1700rpm, even when using very little throttle you get a little "surge" I would describe it as.

When giving it the beans the power will come in one big lump at around 2000 rpm and then quickly dying off and then nothing at 4000 rpm.

When mapped (and if its a decent map) there will be no torque spike and the the power will be very smooth up untill 2000 rpm (this is when all hell breaks loose) and then the power will be all there up untill the red line.

I had mine on the standard map for 18 months, after I got it mapped, it really is like day and night.

This just made me want a map!

You on a shark map?

maybe it's just my budget tyres then bro:-)

There's your problem.

Bin them, buy decent tyres, most of your problems will go away. Budget tyres on a car with more torque than a Porsche Boxster - what do you think is going to happen? Then remap it, is the problem going to go away? No. Save your money from the remap, get decent rubber, you'll be faster & a hell of a lot safer on the road.

I had budgets on when I got my car. They are absolutely crap compared to a set of toyos or any other similar brand. Car would understeer in the wet at any speed the back would slide out whenever it felt like it. Get some decent mid ranged tyres on and after 100 miles or so the car is transformed and safer!!

I seriously disliked the Toyos - very very slippery until warmed up. Rear end would happily break free, which is fecking scary.

I can testify to tyres making all the difference having just

shelled out just under £500 for 4 Michelin Pilotsport 3s.

Wet grip is immense, dry grip even better and I see little point running a

4wd car that doesn't grip just because I was a cheapskate on the tyres...

• Like 2

I seriously disliked the Toyos - very very slippery until warmed up. Rear end would happily break free, which is fecking scary.

I prefer Vredestein Sportrac's to T1R's.