Engine geeks help possible siese?

Hi today I utter my new clutch and flywheel went for a test drive and all of a suden after two miles engine cut out and I tryed to start it again and was like it had a flat battery would not run over and dash goes all funny looked user engine bay and I have no coolant

Try to fill with watter I it just emptys into the floor

But why won't my engine turn over

is the starter clicking? have you knocked / damaged a wire when removing gear box? doesnt battery etc have to come out to get at gear box mounting? has it all been reconnected properly and tightly. was battery earth lead clean and not corroded at strut top.

where is the water leaking from?

can you turn the engine over by hand using a bar and socket on a crank nut / bolt / pulley

Not sure it's wise to start the post with a potentially insulting "Engine geeks" title, but never mind.

Can you see where the water is pouring out from?

There are many reasons why your engine won't turn over....but as you've just had a new clutch and flywheel, the first thing I'd check is that the mechanic didn't forget to tighten the flywheel bolts........if that happened there's no telling what might happen.....maybe the flywheel failed.......not unknown for new parts to fail. Could have flown apart and punctured part of the coolant system.

If you put in gear (4th) and try rocking the car does the engine move or is it completely locked?

Why would you be wanting to turn over the car when you have no coolant, its just plain madness !!

Sort that out first and foremost before you try and start the poor car, although its very possible that yes you have already "siesed"or is that "ceased it", very possibly !

Overlooking the fact that maybe it was a DIY job and the water all over the floor bit a clue as to why the engine may no longer start.....

I'd be more worried about the complete lack of coolant at this point

Why would you be wanting to turn over the car when you have no coolant, its just plain madness !!

Sort that out first and foremost before you try and start the poor car, although its very possible that yes you have already "siesed"or is that "ceased it", very possibly !

Overlooking the fact that maybe it was a DIY job and the water all over the floor bit a clue as to why the engine may no longer start.....

I'd be more worried about the complete lack of coolant at this point

going by previous posts about how to replace gear box i would guess it was a diy job ....

Iv done the clutch and flywheel myself I know I torques on it all correctly according to skoda (friends a techy he got me relivent information)

All was good until the engine cut out :/

Acted like a dead battery :/

Got home and jump leads on and engine turnes over but not starting hmmm can't do a lot until weekend unfortantly

Or Seized perhaps??

• Like 1

Why did my engine cut out in the first place allows like a had a flat battery perhaps my alternator wasn't working correctly hmmm

And once battery was low engine cut off??

(still had two hours of lights before it completely went flat tho side lights and hazzords)

When I got spare battery across jump leads (to shy windows) I turned over the car and it would turn over but not start could the ecu block the engine from starting

Might check my cambelt hope that has not snapped

Any other ideas anyone??

First things first is for me to fix the watter leak

Oh dear...

If the engine is turning over ok now then hopefully if the belt has came loose it hasn't jumped to far and damaged the engine.

As other people have said, check the wires going from the alternator, then to the starter, then to the battery. Iirc there should also be an earth on one of the gearbox bolts as well.

Edit: did you not have a battery light on while driving? This would tell you if a wire was loose etc..

Scanning for faults might not be any help either since they seems more mechanical, look out for camshaft sensor or crankshaft sensor fault codes which might tell you the timing is out.

The eath cable that goes on box were does it connect to because the isn't a earth cable in the box it's by the starter miter where it connects to the box but I can't find the cable

Thanks alot

Ok that's we're I think I put it is the just the clip with a wire on it on the starter because I have a clip in wire an then I also have quite a heavy gauge wire also on the starter just the two

Is the heavy gauge wire my earth strap?

I'm sorry to say I agree on this one...

Would be worth someone who knows what there doing fixing this one mate.

So far we have....

Bad coolant leak

None starting

Wires in places they shouldn't be

Possible timing out

• Like 1