wrc body kit project

leenel88

Few more updates. elephant mod now done, cut the not needed lugs off my spotlamp bevels and started on the rear inner archs. I know it looks abit rough at the moment but I haven't had the time today to grind them down, underseal them and paint them so should look alot better after all this. first of the arch pictures are before I started

post-98927-0-52273100-1389462330_thumb.jpg

post-98927-0-51286200-1389462335_thumb.jpg

post-98927-0-84172800-1389462345_thumb.jpg

post-98927-0-92260200-1389462348_thumb.jpg

post-98927-0-20697000-1389462357_thumb.jpg

post-98927-0-12669100-1389462359_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Just dropped the car off for paint again, drove it up there and i must say it got quite a few looks.should be done for tue/wens then just need to finish off the wheel archs when i get it back, so 1st of feb I'm looking to have it back on the road

Still got abit of an arch gap Steve, was thinking of putting a few bags of cement in the boot for a week or two when its back on the road just to get the rear spings working abit and then hopefully they'll settle in and it'll sit abit lower

Just thinking are their any other springs out there that will lower the rear any more than ap coilovers with the adjusters out? I'm just thinking ahead incase it doesn't lower anymore after they've been run in. Anyone have any ideas?

I was thinking more for when you do shows.Kind of like display tyres. :) Anyway, keep up the good work, it's looking nice.

i may do that in the future boss but funds are getting abit tight now plus to be honest i just want to get the dam thing on the road now, I'm sure you have the same feeling with the mental monster currently in progress at your end
  • Like 1

Ultimately you could consider fitting shorter springs, as in "making" them shorter.  If there is a proper way to do this to retain the true integrity of the spring, I do not know and have no experience of it.  All I have seen are chavs taking an angle grinder to them, and usually it not ending well....

Eibach and a few others do custom springs on demon tweaks but you need to know length, diameter, load rate and rebound rate etc.

don't suppose anyone knows the dimensions/ load rating on the ap spings at all? this could be my solution, thanks for giving me a point in the right direction joe  :)