Something not right

Huskoda

Is it me, or is this not actually a 4x4 Yeti: [url=http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201304026054816]http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201304026054816[/url

Have they just stuck any old 4x4 badge on the back and are trying to sell it as one? Price seems too low to be true, too.

It's not a 4x4.....one thing that surprises me is that the photo of the interior gives it away from the gearstick.

JeZ

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Can you not tell a 4x4 by looking at the rear of the photo? Not having one I would not know what to look for, or apart from the badge do they look the same as my two wheel drive model from the back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Model year 2010 Yeti's are more difficult to identify visually between 4x4 and 2wd, as they were very similar in terms of exhaust rear suspension etc. Once onto MY11 and on, then it becomes very easy to spot a 2wd from the back, due to the repositioned exhaust silencer running behind the bottom edge of the bumper.

5398023637_c31fa734a8_z.jpg

TP

• Like 1

There's also no lid on the dash top box.

I think that's purely because it's an s model.

Deffo not a 4x4 and the description is wrong.

It claims Bolero etc but it has a lower spec audio. symphony?

Gear stick not 4x4 and no lid on dash box.

I reckon it's the dealer trying to pull a fast one.

Motability would know what model it is even if the driver had put the yuk 4x4 badge on it.

They also retain the V5 for the length of the contract to tax their cars.

IIRC their cars are generally sold at auction but even so, no one is going to buy it without seeing the V5. Are they?

I phoned the company about it. It has a 4X4 badge on the back and has been sold as a 4X4. QED.

Someone's going to have a nasty surprise then when they find out. Certainly the dealer can be done for mis-selling under the trade descriptions act surely?

Would it not tell you on the V5 whether it was 2WD or 4WD? Failing that, the 4x4 badge on the boot lid looks ridiculously fake for a start and that alone would get me probing for more information before I parted with my hard earned.

Edited by scottpcs

Yeah, it just looked so wrong that I wasn't going to entertain it. Shame at that price :) That pricing kinda gives it away the seller knows its fake. After the sale, will they claim its sold as having 4x4 looks? It doesn't actually say 4 wheel drive.

I do know to check them, as I had to do the same when buying my 4x4 Octavia. Looked under the back to see if I can see the haldex unit and driveshafts, plus checked operation on wet grass on the test drive.

After the sale, will they claim its sold as having 4x4 looks? It doesn't actually say 4 wheel drive.

It doesn't actually say 4x4 'looks' though, it simply states 'diesel 4x4' which implies that the car is a diesel engined 4 wheel drive car.

I'd love to see a copy of the sales invoice, however, because if it's been sold as a 4x4 then the dealer is in big trouble. If the invoice just reads something along the lines of 'Skoda Yeti S' though with no other meaningful description, then the buyer may have a hard time proving it was mis-sold, unless he / she had the nouse to save a copy of the original advert?

Skoda use the term '4X4 styling' in the context of both 2WD and 4WD models of the Yeti. That said, when describing the various Yeti variants in the Yeti brochure, 4X4 clearly means 4WD.

I know, I'm just playing devils advocate. I do consider that advert misrepresentation.

I'm tempted to email the guy, say I have concerns about its legitimacy, ask him to send a photo of the rear diff and see what he does.

Advert is now showing this; "We're sorry, the vehicle you are looking for is no longer available. Please search our full range of stock:"

OOOPS!

Fred