Fabia Scout

Bought a new Fabia Scout Feb this year. Diesel 105 hp in cappuccino. Previously had vRS combi with all the problems of oil consumption highlighted on this site. Had the breather fix but decided to change the vehicle before I could ascertain whether the fix worked. Live in a rural area with filthy, disintegrating roads so the cladding on the Scout is a godsend. Funnily enough don't notice the difference in performance that much, was surprised at how get up and go the Scout is. As mentioned on a previous post the mpg is working out to be low to mid sixties so far. Didn't think the Scout rode any higher than standard Fabia although Skoda have started fitting 17" wheels as standard plus 205 tyres (not the low profile vRS type) which may account for this. All in all very pleased - only wish we'd gone this route originally and ignored the vRS - great fun on a smooth road but flawed in its present state.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the vRS but glad you found your match in Skoda stables still :). I'd imagine for your environment Scout being just right!

I wonder if you had the same view on the cars had you not have oil problems with vRS?

Scout reminds me of an old Audi Allroad and Evoque a little bit...

Have to say the Fabia estate and Audi Allroad are ugly ducklings.........the Evoque, however, especially in 3-door, is drop-dead gorgeous :)

Have to say the Fabia estate and Audi Allroad are ugly ducklings.........the Evoque, however, especially in 3-door, is drop-dead gorgeous :)

Gorgeous it may be, but it was partially designed by Victoria Beckham, so even if I had the money, I would rather shove live wasps up my arse than buy one.

• Like 1

Gorgeous it may be, but it was partially designed by Victoria Beckham, so even if I had the money, I would rather shove live wasps up my arse than buy one.

I was talking exterior, not interior

And the leather interior with the Recaro CS seats would make up for the downsides of Mrs B's input

I saw a Fabia Scout this morning. I see it quite regularly. Always thought they were a bit pointless to be honest as they add nothing over a standard Fabia estate except the chunky bumpers.

I like Chunky Bumpers, in fact, it's my Favourite magazine :)

• Like 4

I saw a Fabia Scout this morning. I see it quite regularly. Always thought they were a bit pointless to be honest as they add nothing over a standard Fabia estate except the chunky bumpers.

You do get a bit more on the scout for your cash as standard though, ESP, Electric Windows all round, Chunky Bumpers :), Extra ride height, roof rails, nicer alloys ;)

• Like 1

I like Chunky Bumpers, in fact, it's my Favourite magazine :)

And that is a perfectly true statement, he's not joking :)

It's delivered monthly from Scandinavia in a plain brown package

• Like 2

Occasionally seen a dynamic blue pre facelift Scout parked up in the local Tesco car park on a Saturday Morning, although thinking about it, it has been a while since last my last sighting.

Personally prefer the hatch profile though and quite a fan of the fairly unique Laurel rather than Hardy style; prefect for narrow single track country lanes :)

TP

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the vRS but glad you found your match in Skoda stables still :). I'd imagine for your environment Scout being just right!

I wonder if you had the same view on the cars had you not have oil problems with vRS?

The state of the roads round here - potholes, bumps, lousy surfaces shows up the harder ride in the vRS to the extent that it really became uncomfortable. Great on m'ways and A roads though. Also fuel economy nowhere near manufacturers figures (surprise, surprise) was an issue. Reason we stuck with the Fabia was despite it's looks which aren't to everyones taste, the estate is cavernous and overall the vehicle good value.

• 5 months later...

It's arrived, work car. :)

xl7t.jpg

3pz9.jpg

Tsi.

+Sat-Nav

+Bluetooth

+Parking Sensors

+Climatronic

+Heated Seats

+Rear Airbags

+Spare

+False Boot Floor

+MDI

+Armrest

+... a few other bits I can't remember. :D

• Like 3

Shall I attach the spec sheet? 2 A4 pages, so much for saving the rainforest  :D

Always a pleasure Richard, I will say, there's not many customers that will sit here watching a Yeti rag it round a track for 12 minutes  ;)

I have a 2011 in the same colours - I always thought the wheels looked a bit lost in them tall arches...

I had Skoda Assistance out last week and he said he had only ever seen 3 scout spec fabias in as many years.  I dunno if that means no one buys them or they're lucky when it comes to faults.  I got a decent price on mine so maybe the looks put people off?

I just think people don't want to pay more for a car that does the same job as a regular Fabia Estate.

We didn't want the wheel upgrade to 17" as they are less likely to be damaged and suit the rough road style IMO.

How Many Left lists about 1600 Fabia Scouts over 3/4 years.

Consider Nissan have sold over 2000 LEAFs in the last two years and the Scout is rare, which is what was required.