Buying a CRD-T tuning box from DTUK

• 3 weeks later...

Andrew what setting was that on?

Also the loss from flywheel to wheels seems a bit high.

i honestly don't know, i was emailed the graph across about 30 mins ago and thats all the info i received.

One happy man today after popping down to see Andrew about DTUK box & crd-t box fitted into my octy vrs 170 cr

Andrew explained how it work & fitted it to my vrs as we went out test drive it !

Massive smile on my face but the road were wet = wheel spin lol

The best thing was Andrew to invite me to be passenger of his AWESOME Audi RS6 running 560bhp BEAST!! A real screamer down the road !

Gosh it a monster & the torgue is huge & I have never been seat as passenger of 500+ bhp which I have today ! Massive thanks to Andrew & team

my face still smiling all the way home

• Like 1

One happy man today after popping down to see Andrew about DTUK box & crd-t box fitted into my octy vrs 170 cr

Andrew explained how it work & fitted it to my vrs as we went out test drive it !

Massive smile on my face but the road were wet = wheel spin lol

The best thing was Andrew to invite me to be passenger of his AWESOME Audi RS6 running 560bhp BEAST!! A real screamer down the road !

Gosh it a monster & the torgue is huge & I have never been seat as passenger of 500+ bhp which I have today ! Massive thanks to Andrew & team

my face still smiling all the way home

Hi rob

It was our pleasure, the only thing we forgot to so was take a photo of you're lovely motor..

The RS6 is brutal isn't it? It certainly is good fun but I'm pleased I only have it on loan for 2 weeks as I think I'd be licence less if I kept it for any longer :)

Lol I forgot about that too but can alway email pic of the car to ya if need but let me wash vrs first as it filthy at the mo.

thank you again

Thank you Rob and I'm pleased you're happy with the kit :)

So reading this forum has got me thinking should I get a tuning box.....I have a 2007 VRS TDI. So by adding this box what I am wondering is:

1) What sort of power could I safely get without putting to much pressure on the box/clutch/turbo.

2) Would it increase my mpg

3) Are they hard fit to the car

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

So reading this forum has got me thinking should I get a tuning box.....I have a 2007 VRS TDI. So by adding this box what I am wondering is:1) What sort of power could I safely get without putting to much pressure on the box/clutch/turbo.2) Would it increase my mpg3) Are they hard fit to the carSent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

We don't offer a system for the non common rail 2.0 170 PD sorry

Andrew

I'm very impressed at the cool head you are keeping faced with bullying and obnoxious comments from some posters

Keep at it mate. You have the patience of a Saint!!

Where are you, Moderators?

Why are you allowing all the crap in this thread?

Keep up the good work Andrew!!

Andrew

I'm very impressed at the cool head you are keeping faced with bullying and obnoxious comments from some posters

Keep at it mate. You have the patience of a Saint!!

Where are you, Moderators?

Why are you allowing all the crap in this thread?

Keep up the good work Andrew!!

If you feel something is not in line with the rules then please flag it and the staff will be more than willing to review and apply appropriate action.

Hi ChrisRS

out of all the forums i visit this is one of my favourite ones as i love a lively debate, yes at times i do fell like saying ....... but at the end of the day you also get to read posts like this one from yourself which makes me realise that i must be doing something correct.

The time to worry is when they stop trying to rip you to shreds :) 

Some crap is fine, this ain't no dating site. And Andrew seems to know that work and patience beats the crap over and over.  :hi:

you're right it's no dating site... clue is in the forum name :rofl:  though it ain't no boxing forum either, though itseems like it at times!

Maybe it's because Andrew is actively trying to engage with people that he gets so much crap flung in his direction- I don't for instance see the other site sponsors being vilified to the same extent by people who have no actual experience of their product, including by those who are using the site for free.

You don't for instance see multiple posts from memebers says how **** (Say) one of the Insurance companies are even though they've never taken out a policy with them.

What I do find interesting though is that for all the (many) negative comments that are fired his way is that so far I've not seen one from someone who has actually bought one of his tuning boxes and either had problems with it, that it trashed their engine or that it didn't meet their expectations.

That to me says more than anything.

• Like 1

Quick update on my CRD-T box.

I have a manual 2010 Octavia VRS TDI. I ordered the box just before Christmas and would have forgave Andrew if it never arrived the next day given the Christmas post but it did and I got it on Christmas Eve.

I attempted to fit it a few days later. The instructions are clear and easy to follow and it's simply a case of removing 2 plugs and plugging it in. Unfortunately the plug at the boost sensor is in an awkward position between some pipes and I eventually admit defeat. One of my mechanic friends then popped round, removed the boost hose and got it all plugged in with the cables nicely tidied away. Probably took him about half an hour all in and all

The box comes on setting 2.0. The difference is instantly noticeable. The car drives do much better. The power is delivered a lot more smoother and earlier. It drives more like a petrol and revs right through the rev range. I've slowly been upping the setting and currently have it on 3.0.

I can not recommend this box enough. The whole service DTUK offers is top notch. This is what the VRS should of been like when it left the factory!

I can't comment on the increased fuel mpg as I'm still having far too much fun with it although I can see how it will as you have to use the throttle much less.

If you've been in any doubt I can only say go for it! I wish I'd got one when I first bought the car!

• Like 1

Out of curiosity what setting does everyone else run???

I've now taken the time to read this full post and have seen that 4+1 and 2+2 appear to be the favourites. I'll probably change to 4+1 by the end of the week and see which I prefer.