Opinions on "anthracite"grey Vrs.

You can giggle all you like but do you honestly think you are in an elite group or "Rare" car owners? :rofl:

You can laugh all you like, but in answer to your questions...

1) Do you honestly think you are in an elite group?

No, I drive a mainstream model of a mass-produced production car.

2) Do you honestly think you are a "Rare" car owner?

When compared to the numbers of other mass produced cars on the road and according to the definition of 'rare' then yes the Skoda Octavia vRS in comparison is a rare model.

What exactly is it you are disputing, the definition of rare or the data published by the SMMT?

Neither, I completely dispute your interpretation of "rare" for the reasons I've given. By your interpretation that 2.6% is "rare", virtually every different model of car on the road is "rare".

If there were 100 different models of car you can buy (which is an underestimate), and one counted for 1% (a sensible estimate for the Skoda Octavia, all trim levels, based on 2.6% being all Skodas), it would be averagely common, it simply would not be "rare" by any reasonable interpretation or definition. Similarly, a car you will statistically see every few minutes at any location on any motorway, is not "rare" - and that would be based on 0.1% of cars (eg 10% of Octavias), not 2.6% of all cars, and you claimed even that could be considered rare.

Edited by keith3289

Neither, I completely dispute your interpretation of "rare" for the reasons I've given. By your interpretation that 2.6% is "rare", virtually every different model of car on the road is "rare".

I didn't claim 2.6% was rare. I suggested that of that 2.6% my guess would be that the Octavia accounts for less than 1%.

The vRS is therefore uncommon, by definition that makes it rare.

IF any of you want to argue the meaning of rare any further or specifically whether or not any one car is more rare than any other, you need more evidence. Try here http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/browse.

With the full stop removed...

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/browse

It's a shame it doesn't group all Octavia vRS's together.

OK, my mistake. 1% or 2.6%, non of us know for sure. At least I'm attempting to support my case with hard facts.

The vRS is uncommon compared to many other mainstream cars, by definition that makes it rare.

I'm going to make up my mind in the next few days, i have a blue Vrs so a change of colour would be nice.only downside is it has 17 inch zeniths with do nothing for the colour at all, here's the car in question! The fact it only has 7k kms is a bonus, car was owned by Skoda Ireland as a demo. Is around 10 months old I think.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Skoda/Octavia/RS-2.0-T/30813488265573030/advert?channel=CARS

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update guys, my 07 race blue Vrs is now sold this evening, happy with the price and buyer is happy too, he's picking it up next Monday.

So I'm now still on the hunt for a 2012 Vrs cr tdi, but still can't decide on anthracite or blue again :( the 12 grey with small kms is still available but I'm not sure ill regret buying grey afterwords. I'm still on the fence!

• Like 1

I like mine... Originally wanted a blue, but was sold on the anthracite once i'd seen it. Great for blending in to the background ;)

As above, depends if you want to show off or blend in quietly knowing that you are driving an excellent all round car.

I went for the latter option with silver. I also really like the anthracite.

Have fun choosing a new car!

Very smart indeed.

Not sure at all about the vRS badges on the sides though.

They sort of defeat the classy understated look.

I have a MkI estate in anthracite grey and for that car, it's pretty mundane. However, I like the contradiction it makes when put on the vRS - it blends in with the crowd, yet it's somehow menacing. Sort of a car ninja :) .