I wish I hadnt traded you In GF11 UMX

AshP

Nice to see something positive about the vRS amid all the doom and gloom on here.

I'll have to be very desperate before I get another diesel.

• Like 4

They are a car that you miss,

especially when you just want to get up the road and can not be bothered by tailgaters.

Funnily they often are Audi Drivers.

its amazing how they often want to be on the space of the road you are driving on, but fail to keep up with you.

george

• Like 2

Fabia 2 has better interior than A3?

How old is the Audi?

As you well know any Audi has a better interior than any Skoda,but it's not always about what car has got the better grade of plastic.

....and if he had an S3 and not a diesel A3 I doubt if he'd be complaining.

Was a genuine question, I could only see the vRS having the nicer interior

if the A3 was a low spec 8L model. Just being honest here. I was looking at

new/nearly new mark 2 vRS as a possibility myself but settled for the older

audi as it felt more of a special place to sit. For me the interior is probably

more important than the exterior. At the end of the day beauty is in the

eye of the beholder and we all have our own taste.

• Like 2

The extra mpg isn't worth your then girlfriend saying "it sounds like a taxi"

You probably chauffered her around everywhere, and for free, so I don't get her problem

Sounds like you're well rid of her, if not the car ;)

reply 1: she was all good, not a drop of oil used in the time i owned her... tell a lie i think i stuck a litre in at about 9k miles.

reply 2: the interior just felt a bit more modern, my audi is a 57. horrible red displays everywhere, plus I got far to excited about the dial staging in the VRs!

reply 3: I enjoy seeing 58-60mpg on the dash now Im doing 20k miles a year and obviously if I had an S3 i would not be complaining, but I dont, i have a 2.0TDi 140bhp Sport which to me in comparison to the VRS is **** :(

and the worst thing is... now ive had a payrise i could afford 20k miles at 38-40 mpg now!!! :@ anyone want to find my old car or swap me theirs Pleeeeeeeeeeease!

Edited by AshP

It's not funny. In a previous life I had a silver Orion Ghia 1.6i with a neat low profile black rear spoiler, added fogs and some driving lights to the front (hmmm should I do that to my Superb??) Cleaned practically every weekend, was my pride and joy and had a lot of fun in it :love: if you know what I mean, until it had to go due to a job move away :( . When I traded it in it was mint. Then a couple of years later I saw it and it was in rag order and no mistake. Gutted.

In fact I'm still gutted about that even now. Sad but true. Only a Ford 3i with a boot but it was the first car I bought.

Alert, alert, I agree with Jabo :)

Learn never to become attached to your car, especially if, like me, you get itchy feet before you've finished paying for the damn thing, it can cost you a fortune

Having said that, the JPS is going nowhere, i) because I love it, and ii) because no-one else would want to buy it :)

I like the thump of an engine with plenty of torque.

In more sensible cars that only comes with a diesel IMO.

Smaller capacity petrols just don't feel quick, even if they are.

Give me fun over speed. (but preferably both :giggle: )

If I could only have one car, it'd be a diesel.

And have a manual gearbox.

• Like 3

Ok Skoda if you're reading this......

Mk3 Fabia VRS must be styled on the Mk1

Have a punchy diesel engine please

Come in the colours of the MK2 (especially race blue)

And come with one of those sound synthesizers so when I'm driving along I don't hear a taxi but I hear a choice of different engines (v8/10/12 are all acceptable)

Oh and if it doesn't kill you....

Make sure it doesn't sit on stilts please???

• Like 4

MK2 vRS has "diesel levels" of torque already and that is fron idle! Funny enough the amount of fun and moreover the perception of speed has notging to do with actual speedo reading - hence small, seemingly undepowered cars be so much fun!

Same goes for wives lol! :rofl:

Below is even more ample re wives :devil:

ii) because no-one else would want to buy it :)

• Like 1

Smaller capacity petrols just don't feel quick, even if they are.

Give me fun over speed. (but preferably both :giggle: )

My Abarth 500 is much more fun than our Furby vRS even if not ultimately as quick (in a straight line). Feels much quicker tho when on full boost, prob due to small size. I'd class that as a small capacity petrol.

Wouldn't have one as a 'sensible' or only-car tho! For that I agree you need diesel. :happy:

For fun both my parents 1.5 Swift and brother Swift Sport easily beat the Mk1 vRS. Both feel quicker than they are but if you work them they can cover ground quite quickly. I don't miss my Mk1 vRS at all.