Star Trek: The Poll,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

@Lee

Which was the best series of Star Trek?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the best Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: TOS
    • Star Trek: TNG
    • Star Trek: DS9
    • Star Trek: Voyager
    • Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: TOS Animated
    • Star Trek was crap: I preferred Blake's Seven
    • All Sci-Fi is crap
    • Star Trek was crap: I preferred Babylon 5
    • WTF is Star Trek?

Voyager pushed the boundaries as well as introducing some new villains. And characters....

The Borg

The caretaker

species 8472

The Hirogian

Nelix

Kez

7of9

There was also new weapons and technology

All made exciting stuff, and they were also successful in reaching earth in episode Endgame parts 1and 2.

• Like 1

Voyager pushed the boundaries as well as introducing some new villains. And characters....

The Borg

The caretaker

species 8472

The Hirogian

Nelix

Kez

7of9

There was also new weapons and technology

All made exciting stuff, and they were also successful in reaching earth in episode Endgame parts 1and 2.

Voyager didn't introduce the Borg though, I thought a lot of voyager episodes were just rip offs of next generation ones. One of the best villains voyager introduced was the vedians who stole body parts.

and why is that?

Because Patrick Stewart's performance was consistantly brilliant, because the Borg were a fabulously good enemy, because Data's struggle with trying to become more human was a endearing, because Worf as a Klingon opened up some great plot opportunities and because some of the episodes were awesome. I defy anyone to watch "The Inner Light", "The Best of Both Worlds", "Yesterday's Enterprise" and "Chain of Command" and not agree that they form part of the high-point in Star Trek.

TOS was good, no question, but there simply wasn't the technology available to truly represent a series set in space, and whilst Kirk and Spock are without question the two best know characters from the whole shebang, I don't think that's reason enough to regard it as the definitive series.

As for the efforts that came afterward, I've watched a few episodes but I don't think they even come close to TNG.

• Like 2

Voyager didn't introduce the Borg though, I thought a lot of voyager episodes were just rip offs of next generation ones. One of the best villains voyager introduced was the vedians who stole body parts.

I stand corrected, it was in fact TNG who introduced the Borg, as Pickard became Lacutus as a character.

I still think Janeway was the best captain.

I defy anyone to watch "The Inner Light", "

The episode is a particularly good piece of television of any genre. Quite a lot of the writing of later TNG episodes was very good and I agree pretty much the whole thing hung on Patric Stewart's thespian skills. I think he started the trend for putting serious Shakespearean actors (mostly Brits) into Hollywood blockbusters.

Trek series tended to be quite pants until they got into their 3rd series then they seemed to find their feet.

Because Patrick Stewart's performance was consistantly brilliant, because the Borg were a fabulously good enemy, because Data's struggle with trying to become more human was a endearing, because Worf as a Klingon opened up some great plot opportunities and because some of the episodes were awesome. I defy anyone to watch "The Inner Light", "The Best of Both Worlds", "Yesterday's Enterprise" and "Chain of Command" and not agree that they form part of the high-point in Star Trek.

TOS was good, no question, but there simply wasn't the technology available to truly represent a series set in space, and whilst Kirk and Spock are without question the two best know characters from the whole shebang, I don't think that's reason enough to regard it as the definitive series.

As for the efforts that came afterward, I've watched a few episodes but I don't think they even come close to TNG.

Spot on

How can anyone vote against Patrick Stewart. Him and Ian Holm will fight over playing me in a film of my life, despite me being female...

Because they can do anyone.

Star Trek: The True Story, Tonight 9/5/13 20:00 on Channel 5

I've got sky plus set to record. Tickets are booked for this afternoons showing of Star Trek into darkness. Can't wait!

Does this mean I'm a geek?

• Like 1

I know a few will start seeing/or have already seen the new film. Could we avoid spoilers?

This, definitely!

I'm going on Friday evening and don't want to know any plot details eye-thank-ewe.

• Like 1

How can anyone vote against Patrick Stewart. Him and Ian Holm will fight over playing me in a film of my life, despite me being female...

Because they can do anyone.

Judging by the poll, quite easily apparently. He was a good captain but there's more to the show than just the Captain and even then, I preferred Avery Brooks as a Captain partially because the format of DS9 allowed much more exploration of his character particularly pushing him to the very limit of his morals and letting him overstep the mark:

So... I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again, I would. Garak was right about one thing, a guilty conscience is a small price to pay for the safety of the Alpha Quadrant. So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it... Computer, erase that entire personal log.

John

• 2 years later...