help with oem parking sensors

I have a mk2 octavia elegance with car stereo Stream, I have parking sensors from an octavia 07, and I took the cables, controller and sensors from the car. can anyone give me tips on how I can do? must i take down the rear bumper ? many thanks if someone can help me a little bit

The graphics are not that good, and when reversing, you should be looking backwards anyway,, not forwards at your radio!

Exactly what I told the wife when she complained about the loss of PDC display when we upgraded to a Columbus!

I managed to get the optical display on my Columbus but it involved a change of park distance controller and wiring. See

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/261422-pdc-ops-advice/

The main use of the graphics on the Columbus is to tell you which sensor is bleeping. Its very good for refining parking or checking an unexpected bleep. I thought it was a gimic until I used it in a hire car and realised how useful it is in tighter spaces once you are halfway in.

I also agree you should be looking behind you in the main, but quick glances to the display are also very helpful in the same way as glancing to the mirrors.

I don't know what the Stream display is like as I never had one but if you have that already it might use the same wiring and controller as that which works with the Columbus or Bolero I guess.

Thanks

Adam

I have a 2009 fabis greenline that has parking sensors but the car was used as a learner car and a skoda garage deactivated them.any1 know how yhey did it and how to reverse it.ive checked for missing fuses but no joy

Wait, the Stream shows a display when you're reversing?

Stream MP3 Rear sensors active:

post-59543-0-80489000-1368558128_thumb.jpg

Columbus front sensors active:

post-59543-0-11963400-1368558067_thumb.jpg

No comparison.

Except the beeps, which are exactly the same...

I have a 2009 fabis greenline that has parking sensors but the car was used as a learner car and a skoda garage deactivated them.any1 know how yhey did it and how to reverse it.ive checked for missing fuses but no joy

In VCDS there is a setting for 'Driving instructor' car, or something like that, which can be activated. I don't know, but that might be it...

No, the sensors will have been deactivated in the Central Electronics module. It is just a tick box.

Driving instructor setting only works on a few vehicles, and has two functions -- it displays the vehicle speed and the left/right indicator warnings on the radio screen. I tried activating it, but have never seen it working (I was just wondering as I'm an ex- driving instructor myself).

Thanks Mike, I was wondering what it actually did.

• 2 months later...

Thinks of retrofitting Front & Rear PDC with OPS to show graphic on Bolero head unit. I still waiting to collect my 2012 Octavia VRS estate. I have seen the kits avilable to buy.

My understanding so far is that a module locates in the rear nearside of the vehicle that is connected to a CAN module in the front of the vehicle ( Don`t know where this is located on a 2012 model ). If fitting front and rear sets two speakers are fitted, one around the steering column area and another around the B pillar ??

I think that when both front and rear bumpers are removed there are markings where the holes are required in order to fit the sensors and the front connector needs to be on the nearside.

I`m a little confused regarding the posts about feeding wires through the grommit behind the glove box that comes out near the battery ?? and even more confused when it comes to the coding of the vehicle.

Does anyone have fitting instructions that has already fitted one of the OEM kits ??

I know there are simple kits that simply beep, but would like to fit OEM and have the display on the head unit.

Any advice would be great or fitting instructions from someone who has fitted these kits and go graphics on the head unit in a 2012 vehicle.

Your CAN will be above the drivers feet / relays / accelerator pedal. Easiest access is by removing the wiper arms, motor linkage and scuttle panel.

The gromit is up behind the glovebox and has 'nipples' that can be snipped and wires fed through. You'll need to remove the air intake and battery tray to make access easier.

I retrofitted both on a pre-FL, so ask away with any other questions.

PM me with an email address and I'll send you want information I have which makes most of it fairly clear.