Fitting Audi A6 seats in Octavia

I'd suggest sitting in a few different seats, see what they feel like. A mate has an A4 and I liked those seats, the Recaros I was looking at were really good but expensive. I went to the breakers to see what they had and they were really helpful, let me try lots of different seats, the A8 fully electric seats were amazing but would have been a nightmare to install. I've done a couple of hours journey today and my new seats are great, the wife is impressed too, the A6 seats are much more comfortable but still give good levels of support when pushing on.

Yeah, I'm just wondering if they're gonna be different to my mates cos his were standard Audi fare, whereas if they're Recaro they're,... well... Recaro made! They might be totally different to 'standard', just utilising the same subframe.

They look like standard A6 comfort seats to me, if it were a vRS and was going to the trouble of a seat swap id have gone for a set of S-line seats myself.

One area Audi seats typically are lacking is lumbar support; most variants except the most expensive cars or unless optioned dont come with lumbar support. My dad used to have an A3 S-line and when he ordered it he forgot to get lumbar supports and for thr next 18 months of ownership the seats crippled his back.

You have to crank the handle about a million times on a vRS to get the lumbar supports out but at least it has them......i would agree though that the seat foam is quite thin however Golfs are exactly the same.

It could be me but I've never found adjustable lumbar support much benefit, the problem I had with the octavia seats were the lack of foam and the profile/shape, the A6 seats suit my shape much better and feel very supportive with more or better quality foam in the construction. I did try sitting in lots of different seats at dealers and at the breakers, these were the ones for me.

Cheers

Brian

The ones in my picture are s-line seats so you can see the difference between the two. Before anyone says it, no, they don't have it embossed on the backrest but the bloke who offered them sent me two pics, one set with and one without the embossing and I thought it'd look daft with 'S-Line' slapped on it on an octy.

Edited by blackspaven

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Good evening everyone, I'm from Czech republic and english is not my native language, so pls excuse my faults in grama:)

I'm owner of Octy 2 BY6/2008 2.0TDI BKD elegance and my car has ca 190t km, driver seats is almost KO. I found seats from Audi A6 C6 4F S-line style (not leather), manual, el. lumbal support, leg support for nice price and heating.

Because mechanically is swap no problem and airbag and ocupation sensor is not difficult, my question is about problematic of seats heating (most prefered by my girlfriend). Is there someone, who has schematic of Audi a6 seat wiring? I have data for Octy, but audi data not.

Thanx for every response!

Good afternoon,

I'm contact the shark performance yesterday about some information of fiting A6 seats into Octy 2:

Hi Karel,

You should be able to for the A6 C6 seats into the Octavia 2 but you may need to change the subframes from the Octavia seats onto the Audi seats.

Thanks,
Matt

So I see exactly same problem like seats from Octy2 to Octy1... different frame dimension... Because I'm newbie I have no possibilitz how send message to user bf1 about photos of seats frame fiting...

Little update from ETKA:

Difference between Skoda Octavia 2 and Audi A6 4F airbags - Skoda 1K4 880 241 D vs Audi 4F0 880 241 G; 242 X for right side.

Vehicle type is clear, part type number is clear, there is problem in part index... direct electrical compatibility unclear... any idea?

Hi Karel, happy to help if i can but my seats are not heated so I'm not sure if this is possible. My Audi seats fitted into the Octavia with the Audi sub-frames, I didn't need to change them.

Hope this helps?

Edited by bf1

Hi bf1:) Nice to see my name in original:) Yes that is one of very important answers, but there is very important question about airbags... are yours side airbags working or not? Heating of seat is not so big problem :)

• 1 month later...

Good evening everyone! Today I finally fited audi a6 s-line style front seats into pre-fl octavia. I did it alone, airbags, electrical lumbal support, driver safety belt warning are working ok, seats heating is working, but I have time to measure start-up time on high level.

Mechanically are seats almost straight fit, only one more hole in floor is needed or one pin on seats sub frame must be cut off. I have no pictures from assembly, but I'm open to all questions.

Good ride octavians.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hello Phil, technically it is not possible, because Octavia/Golf platform has different place for locks and so on, you only possibility is take the cover and place him on octavia seats, not more. Sadly, the rear armrest doesnt fit too, but is very nice (drink holders+storage).

Hello Phil, technically it is not possible, because Octavia/Golf platform has different place for locks and so on, you only possibility is take the cover and place him on octavia seats, not more. Sadly, the rear armrest doesnt fit too, but is very nice (drink holders+storage).

Thanks Karlos, I have half a plan for the rears if I go ahead.

Think I'm sticking to looking at A3 seats now.

Karlos quick question if you can help.

Seen some A6 seats local, they have 4 plugs on them.

They are heated, which I'm not worried about, have manual adjustment for slide and height and electric lumbar.

The airbag is obvious, yellow plug.

The others are green, black and red. Do you know what I'd need to do to get the electric lumbar working? Does it just need a 12v feed to one of the wires?

If I can be reasonably sure I'll get them working I might go over tomorrow and get them.

Should be seatbelt sensor for black, electrics is red and heating is green. If you've only got electric lumbar then very simple to wire in. Full electrics isn't actually complicated, just takes more time and you need to buy more connectors and crimp terminals to do it properly.

They are from a C6 model A6 aren't they? The older C5 have different mounts and I don't believe they would fit MK2 Octavia.

I've recently received tailored seat covers for the rear to complement my black leather A6 fronts and I think they match in well. You need the bench dismantled, two people and an evening of swearing to fit them but I think it's worth it. I wanted leather to match originally but it is so difficult to know what can be made to fit unless you've got VAG breakers locally you can go and inspect lots of seats in person.

post-47524-0-80638600-1439214657_thumb.jpg

RED - lumbal support - only 12V

Green - heating - seats have different imperance, but is not necessary to put additional resistor in serie

black - driver/passager present, only 2 wires switch

Thanks guys, that sounds simple enough. Does the lumbar control JUST do lumbar? The front leg support is on a manual slider?

Yes they are from a C6 (saloon) 2007 car. They've got S Line embossed on them unfortunately but I can live with that, it's reasonably discreet.

This should be a pic of the plugs:

20150716_142450.jpg

I don't have the passenger occupancy or seat belt switch so that's one less thing to worry about.

Not quite sure what you mean by "Green - heating - seats have different imperance, but is not necessary to put additional resistor in serie"

How does the heating work, can I just wire up a 12V switched supply? I presume not.

Simon - the covers look good, have you got a link?

Sorry about all the questions, good info though cheers :D

(And after all this I MAY not change my seats. Last night I swapped over the seat bases from passenger to driver. There is much more support now and much more comfortable, I think sitting up maybe just half an inch higher has meant that the back of the seat now fits my back a bit better. Going to see how I get on with the commute this week.)

Simon - the covers look good, have you got a link?

Sure, they are from www.jcseatcovers.co.uk, it was about £200 all in for the back seats. Armrest still opens but doesn't split open with a 'lid' anymore, but split folding, ISOFIX zips etc all still function as before.

If you or anyone else fancies these to try to match up with some existing leather fronts don't just order based on the website colour chart standard 'black'. I specifically asked about matching leather grain size and colour and they had a few different black and anthracite samples sent out for me to choose from.