MY14

MarieK

Just had an update from dealer.

Apparently the reason my car has no build week yet is because its going to be MY14.

Maybe someone can enlighten me more as to what this means.

The dealer did say that its a few changes, one of which is all columbus satnav will now have dab (not much use to me up here but hey ho).

Anyone know what the other changes might be?

On a serious note, I too would be interested in knowing the definitive list of differences between MY13 and MY14.

And facelift MY14

MY14 comes in sometime soon. The Plumber will be able to say when, but possibly after their summer shutdown, or is it it May?

I can't remember.

A TapaTalk enabled phone was used to write this...

• Like 1

MarieK the anticipation of receiving the Yeti is one thing but not knowing what has changed from MY13 - MY14 is enough to drive you bonkers. It would me anyway.

• Like 1

You lucky girl. I missed out on a DAB-equipped Columbus by a whisker. Swap ya? :giggle:

I got mine just before you and did get the DAB-Equipped Columbus, but I did specifically request it though, after finding out it existed via the configurator as the dealers didn't know and it wasn't in their brochures at the time. :S

• Like 1

Just had a quick look and nothing really to note.

Steel Grey will be removed from ordering within the next couple of weeks.

All radio and/or Sat Nav systems will not have the name (Bolero for instance on them) or any 'branding'.

The 'AC' button will change from AC to A/C

Errr.......... that's it :think:

• Like 1

With steel grey being removed as a colour option then, is there a replacement colour? Presumably it'll be exactly the same colour but under a different name.

Just had a quick look and nothing really to note.

Steel Grey will be removed from ordering within the next couple of weeks.

All radio and/or Sat Nav systems will not have the name (Bolero for instance on them) or any 'branding'.

The 'AC' button will change from AC to A/C

Errr.......... that's it :think:

Interesting on the radio name removal, as the Octy III I had as a courtesy car yesterday had the name Bolero on the top of the 'radio'. Although I don't think you can call it that any more.

The CD and SD player/reader is now a separate unit in the glove box, the MDI connections were located in front of the gear selector and the 'radio' panel now undertakes a number of functions once associated with the maxidot. Plus strangely the ESP/ASR are also on/off selectable via the 'radio' panel, rather than a traditional button/switch.

Oh the Octy III is quite a nice motor but without bias, it's not quite on par with the Yeti when it comes to socking up bumps on a poor road surface; feels akin to our Monte Carlo, with quite a firm ride.

TP

Edited by The Plumber

Interesting on the radio name removal, as the Octy III I had as a courtesy car yesterday had the name Bolero on the top of the 'radio'. Although I don't think you can call it that any more.

The CD and SD player/reader is now a separate unit in the glove box, the MDI connections were located in front of the gear selector and the 'radio' panel now undertakes a number of functions once associated with the maxidot. Plus strangely the ESP/ASR are also on/off selectable via the 'radio' panel, rather than a traditional button/switch.

TP

TP, our Octy is the same regarding both SD card readers and the 'Bolero' bit!

Once in the radio screen, you can change a lot more settings, as mentioned ESP/ASR etc, will also show a lot more car data.

From what I've read though, the Yeti will remain exactly the same until November (face lift time)?

...Oh the Octy III is quite a nice motor but without bias, it's not quite on par with the Yeti when it comes to socking up bumps on a poor road surface; feels akin to our Monte Carlo, with quite a firm ride....

Which wheels,though, TP? :giggle:

Yes it was a standard spec 1.4TSI SE with 'proper' wheels; 205/55 R16.

Can tell though the car has the rear beam suspension as with the Mk I, rather than the Yeti's independent; as I say the ride was very similar to the Monte. Handles quite well, better than our Yeti on the 215/60 trye's but the ride was let down by the firm suspension at times. Oh cabin felt bigger than the Yeti and the boot, well you need arms like Mr Tickle to reach the back seat :giggle:

TP

Just had an update from dealer.

Apparently the reason my car has no build week yet is because its going to be MY14.

Maybe someone can enlighten me more as to what this means.

The dealer did say that its a few changes, one of which is all columbus satnav will now have dab (not much use to me up here but hey ho).

Anyone know what the other changes might be?

Hi MarieK

I notice in one of your other posts you describe your Yeti as him ,must be a rare beast as most appear to be female (Hettie, Betty etc ) are you sure of the sex or has it had a scan to confirm?. :think:

I think mine must be confused! as it has no name :happy:

Not so rare.

Our first Yeti was Harvey,our current one is Fritz.

This does explain why the population is on the increase :rofl:
  • Like 1

Hi MarieK

I notice in one of your other posts you describe your Yeti as him ,must be a rare beast as most appear to be female (Hettie, Betty etc ) are you sure of the sex or has it had a scan to confirm?. :think:

I think mine must be confused! as it has no name :happy:

He's a him. I think he will be called Snowy seeing as he's white.

• Like 1