New Yeti delivered. Yeay!

Last night I picked up my new Yeti Laurence & Kermit from Gordon Lamb in Derby and although I have only drive the 20 odd miles home so far, I am very impressed. I sounds much quieter and is comfier than the already very quiet and comfy 2010 SE I traded in.

My wife had asked the dealer to supply one of the Yeti plush toys which was sitting in the back waiting for me. She still thinks I am 5 years old I guess! Anyway, 2 yetis for the price of 1!

Am very impressed that my Samsung S3 talks to the Columbus properly without any of the issues I had with the 2010 bolero. Even the music streaming works well. I am looking forward to testing out all the other toys such as the sunroof, xenon lights and park assist, DVD player etc.

The only issue I have found so far is that if I fit the cross wise boot next, it stops you lifting up the floor trapdoors (spare tyre and raised floor fitted), but that's a minor issue really.

It ended up only costing me £20 a month more than the SE so well worth it for the upgrade.

Heres to another 3 years of happy Yetiing.

sure, I'll be adding pictures asap. Mudflaps first though - highly necessary where I live unless you want a photo of a muddy disguised Yeti.

:giggle:

From an SE to an L&K! SOOOO many new toys to play with! Enjoy! As I said elsewhere all I will get extra in doing this (assuming I get the same options as I have now) is the heated screen and a Columbus. As well as folding mirrors. So I want an FL really before I swap.

From an SE to an L&K! SOOOO many new toys to play with! Enjoy! As I said elsewhere all I will get extra in doing this (assuming I get the same options as I have now) is the heated screen and a Columbus. As well as folding mirrors. So I want an FL really before I swap.

Or even a mk2...

A TapaTalk enabled phone was used to write this...

Or even a mk2...

Yup. At the moment I'm more inclined to wait for that as the Yeti FL will have a very short life (due to the inexplicable long life of the pre-FL current one). A car has a six year model cycle on average in the VAG empire (with a facelift about half way through) and this Yeti has been going sans FL for FOUR years now... so the FL will have a very short life of two years by which time Yeti II should come out...

So yes, I think perhaps I'll wait for the mk2 as well Mike.

Yup. At the moment I'm more inclined to wait for that as the Yeti FL will have a very short life (due to the inexplicable long life of the pre-FL current one). A car has a six year model cycle on average in the VAG empire (with a facelift about half way through) and this Yeti has been going sans FL for FOUR years now... so the FL will have a very short life of two years by which time Yeti II should come out...

So yes, I think perhaps I'll wait for the mk2 as well Mike.

Maybe because it has been such a success the FL will last 4 years.......

A TapaTalk enabled phone was used to write this...

I'm sorry for not keeping up, but, what's an FL?

Doh....I guess it's Face Lift.....

You've got it oldstan.

Maybe because it has been such a success the FL will last 4 years.......

That alas is not how sharing platforms work Mike. To get economy of scale most of what you make should share the common bits. Having one car being built on something unique for longer than it should does not bring the economies of scale required. Yes the current Yeti "platform" is no such thing and is a mix of this and that, but I'm sure Yeti mk2 WILL be MQB platform based so the Yeti FL can't go on for another four years. Well I hope it doesn't!

Please remind me (us), Johann - what VAG model(s) currently is/are on this platform? :think:

So far to my knowledge the VAG MQB based cars include:

• New VW Golf
  • New Audi A3
  • New Skoda Octavia 3
  • New Seat Leon and Leon SC

Remember that the MQB has two versions of the rear. A twist beam and a multi link rear suspension with the multi link only available on the higher models. Wheel base is somewhat variable. Not sure if the difference would be that noticeable in real world driving.

Edited by Hairball
  • Like 1