Bad boy bonnet / bonnet extension

I saw a silver Fabia VRS for sale on eBay last week with a Subaru style scoop on the bonnet

it looked quite good, the rest of the car was modified like most Silver Fabia's.. lowered, black wheels, black grill surround, etc

it mite still be on the website

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Hahaha, people seriously sell their cars because of what someone else does to their own motor?!

yeahhh, blood. Day is givin me a bad rep innit. (I believe that's the parlance, :think: )

Could look good, but there is a reason 21st century cars don't have that style - it kills pedestrians. The boring gentle curve is less likely to break bones or damage kidneys. etc.

I too like the "leaning forward" front,, toggle switches and Land Rovers with bull bars and tyres on the bonnet .... and so on.. but we have to always consider the 'what if it goes pear shaped?'

Subaru scoop that is pointless lol

Pointless but it looked decent enough for people who still modify there cars in that way

the Fabia has a box type design rather the soft and curvy like most modern cars so the scoop didn't stand out as much as it would on many other cars

still wouldn't do it myself, but it's that bad

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

I like it, but I'd be after more of a diagonal angle infont of the headlights, and I would want to keep the full centre grille if that makes sense

Each to their own granted, but why anyone would put a Subaru bonnet scoop on I can't even comprehend....   The mind boggles! it's not like we run top mounted intercoolers. The only reason for having a vent on our cars is to directly feed the airbox/filter - but even then you have the standard scoop.

As for the bad boy bonnet, I actually did one myself years ago as an experiment on one of my Mk1 Clio's (had several over the years!). it was a big job to get right. The metal work wasn't so bad, but the filling to blend everything in took ages. Not worth it IMO, but each to their own as you say. If you really want it mate, then get it done :-)  I wouldn't expect much change from paying a bodyshop to do it though :-/

In my opinion, bad boy bonnets work best on cars where the grille is lower down, i.e. below the level that you'd extend the bonnet to (if that makes sense!?!)  Hence why on the Fabia people have literally extended the whole bonnet so that it doesn't look ridiculous.

Each to their own granted, but why anyone would put a Subaru bonnet scoop on I can't even comprehend....   The mind boggles! it's not like we run top mounted intercoolers. The only reason for having a vent on our cars is to directly feed the airbox/filter - but even then you have the standard scoop.

As for the bad boy bonnet, I actually did one myself years ago as an experiment on one of my Mk1 Clio's (had several over the years!). it was a big job to get right. The metal work wasn't so bad, but the filling to blend everything in took ages. Not worth it IMO, but each to their own as you say. If you really want it mate, then get it done :-)  I wouldn't expect much change from paying a bodyshop to do it though :-/

In my opinion, bad boy bonnets work best on cars where the grille is lower down, i.e. below the level that you'd extend the bonnet to (if that makes sense!?!)  Hence why on the Fabia people have literally extended the whole body so that it doesn't look ridiculous.

No idea about the scoop. I like the fabia bonnet. I totally understand what you're saying about lower grilles, and I agree with you. I dont like the idea of the bonnet coming over the front grille like in the photo just posted of the silver one :(

The 'Bad boy bonnet' (which is the most chavy name ever for a mod) looks ducking ace on some cars. 

In fairness I wouldnt think for a second about doing it myself. It's like the smoothed front bumper, some like it, some dont but the only way to get it look good would be to get a bodyshop to do it. 

Some of the continental cars look good when it's all done. Bonnet plus grilles plus bumper. The complete front end treatment.

I'd be a little careful with shrouding the headlights as if Plod decides he doesn't like it, makes getting the car anywhere after dark a little difficult.

huzu8asa.jpg

If it didn't end up looking like a work in progress, you could pull this off.

Sadly it does....it doesn't meet the centre grill and headlights....it overlaps them.....hence looks naff......the bonnet "looks" thin at the tailing edge

The profile itself isn't bad at all....but the actual implementation of it is poor. All that effort to look that bad, I wouldn't bother IMO

Can't look at it anymore in fact, its starting to do my head in.

The bad boy bonnet is FOR covering the lights! To make it look aggressive. Like mean eyes.

This is the first one I've seen with it making the grille slimmer too. Personally I dknt like it over the grille. Just the lights.