Wife's Vrs (Now DS3) traded in...Again!

Although for some reason today I've caught myself looking at used RenaultSport Megane 265's. Not cheap enough yet but prices I noticed are falling quickly. I liked the previous RS Clio but didn't really think about buying French. I wouldn't normally but they are improving.

Ditto

My missus randomly pointed out a Focus RS in Tescos carpark the other day and said why dont we get one of these, to which i was amazed lol.  She back tracked pretty quickly though once i explained to her what it was and how much they were, but shes also keen on me to look at Megane RS250s as well.  Think I actually prefer the Megane as well.  The sensible money is the FRS which will hold residuals better, but the drivers choice is definitely the megane

• Like 1

Ditto

My missus randomly pointed out a Focus RS in Tescos carpark the other day and said why dont we get one of these, to which i was amazed lol.  She back tracked pretty quickly though once i explained to her what it was and how much they were, but shes also keen on me to look at Megane RS250s as well.  Think I actually prefer the Megane as well.  The sensible money is the FRS which will hold residuals better, but the drivers choice is definitely the megane

The only thing that could be a problem is finding a well looked after used one. Just looking on the forums for them they, not surprisingly are worked very hard and many end up on track.

I have gone down the Fiesta st road and ordered mine today.I have been looking for a while at different cars to replace my Vrs which I thought would be hard to do.

I got a pretty good deal as they are taking my vrs of me for £9300 and I still owe £9200 so that sorts that out.

I have gone for the st2 in Metallic blue with style pack, sat nav and a proper wheel all for just over £17,000.

I paid more for my vrs 19 months ago.

The main thing I will miss is the DSG but the way the Fiesta drives hopefully will make up for it.

I might not have changed cars but for the oil problems, as I have already had a new engine and it's done less than 9000 miles.

So roll on September and I will see if I made the right choice.

• Like 1

I have gone down the Fiesta st road and ordered mine today.I have been looking for a while at different cars to replace my Vrs which I thought would be hard to do.

I got a pretty good deal as they are taking my vrs of me for £9300 and I still owe £9200 so that sorts that out.

I have gone for the st2 in Metallic blue with style pack, sat nav and a proper wheel all for just over £17,000.

I paid more for my vrs 19 months ago.

The main thing I will miss is the DSG but the way the Fiesta drives hopefully will make up for it.

I might not have changed cars but for the oil problems, as I have already had a new engine and it's done less than 9000 miles.

So roll on September and I will see if I made the right choice.

cool, do stick around and give us some pics / review ect .... I know the fiesta is the cheapest of the present crop of hot hatches, but i just bought my vRS estate with climate, phone prep, and eibachs for £15,200.... so still nearly £2000 more! :o don't get me wrong, the fiesta is almost certainly better than the vRS... but I still find the "hot hatches" expensive now.....

cool, do stick around and give us some pics / review ect .... I know the fiesta is the cheapest of the present crop of hot hatches, but i just bought my vRS estate with climate, phone prep, and eibachs for £15,200.... so still nearly £2000 more! :o don't get me wrong, the fiesta is almost certainly better than the vRS... but I still find the "hot hatches" expensive now.....

Your right they are expensive and sometimes I find it hard to justify paying all that money for one. I could buy a nice sensible car with good economy and small engine that could get me too and from work with no fuss and save a few thousand, but then I would not have the fun of driving and the smile on my face.

Edited by hammer32

indeed, bugger that. you only live once.... I cant really afford my vRS but , hell, I might get hit by cancer tomorow or something,,,,, enjoy your interests, never think "what if" ;)

Your right I couldn't afford a decent car when I was young so I might as well enjoy it now.

My brother has the ds3 sport with the 1.6thp 155 bhp engine and it goes like the clappers for 155 bhp it's just as fast as my vrs but the vrs kills its from 60mph too 120 mph (fast as we raced)

My brother has the ds3 sport with the 1.6thp 155 bhp engine and it goes like the clappers for 155 bhp it's just as fast as my vrs but the vrs kills its from 60mph too 120 mph (fast as we raced)

So it's not just as fast then?

• Like 1

Maybe it goes like the chappers lol

• 7 months later...

Promised update for Sharkrider

8 months old ......Still not been in the dealership for anything and far less thirsty than the old vRS

Weve been running steel 16" winters on since November and its coped well with the less stiff sidewalls

My only slight gripe...and I am nitpicking here, is the annoying Autowiper which turns the lights on when put on 'Auto'

how many miles? and it should be more economical, its less powerfull and slower ;)

seriously, I'm happy its working out... I do like the look of them, its just the time I used to run citroens as driving school cars, and the gearboxes used to fall out at 40k like clockwork! .... (and of course the cost! :o )

maybe they have fixed their quality issues.... Fiat have, my grande punto was faultless for 110k! I would have bought the abarth if it were not for the high cost, skoda still do well, my specced up vRS estate being only £15,200....

thanks for the update :)

• 11 months later...

Title updated and so is the car!!

Decided to grasp an offer on a 6 month old DS4

We both found the inconvenience of 3 doors on the DS3 a problem at times

So...on Thursday we get a DS4 DSport 2.0 160 Hdi in 'Whisper Purple'

Its more of a SUV rather than a conventional hatchback, but, despite the ride height the ride is incredibly smooth and road noise is practically zero

Really impressed with all the toys..including heated and massaging seats

In fact it has everything..Auto Lights/wipers, full leather, cruise/limiter/coming home and leaving lights, 19" Alloys..etc...etc

A couple of pictures:

VehicleImage_zpsyucvfpwr.jpg

VehicleImage2_zpsezc3ugao.jpg

ds4%201_zpsohnhebqc.jpg

I know its not everyones cup of tea, but we like it very much and will be an ideal replacement 

I now need to look for a Sports Car to replace the vRS..but no rush as yet

• Like 4

Its very innovative..How many cars let you customise the in car (Polywhats it) sounds..like indicator clicking sounds etc..

The dials also change colour ..some car already do this I know

The main difference is the ride..unbelievably smooth

Title updated and so is the car!!

Decided to grasp an offer on a 6 month old DS4

We both found the inconvenience of 3 doors on the DS3 a problem at times

So...on Thursday we get a DS4 DSport 2.0 160 Hdi in 'Whisper Purple'

Its more of a SUV rather than a conventional hatchback, but, despite the ride height the ride is incredibly smooth and road noise is practically zero

Really impressed with all the toys..including heated and massaging seats

In fact it has everything..Auto Lights/wipers, full leather, cruise/limiter/coming home and leaving lights, 19" Alloys..etc...etc

A couple of pictures:

VehicleImage_zpsyucvfpwr.jpg

VehicleImage2_zpsezc3ugao.jpg

ds4%201_zpsohnhebqc.jpg

I now need to look for a Sports Car to replace the vRS..but no rush as yet

Boxster on it's way then........... :think: