Heko wind deflectors

The Plumber

Just got a full set of the deflectors but I'm having issues fitting the front. The U clips don't appear deep enough without fouling the glass and one on first closing the nearside window one got pushed back behind the seal and is now in the door :doh:

Anyone else fitted these but without issue :wonder:

TP

I've had the Team Heko set for over two years now, No problems fitting with clips and any initial contact problems soon go away when they bed in with windows closed.

Had another go and now have them fitted. Put the clips in a slightly higher position than in the instruction diagram (minus the one now in the door). Glass still catches at the rear but its not triggering the anti trap at the moment; fingers x it stays that way.

TP

I fitted a set of these within days of getting my Yeti and didn't have any problems - had to help a couple of the windows up once or twice but since then everything has been fine, other than that I think one of the adhesive strips on the off-side rear may be losing its grip. Found them to be very effective in the rain when the windows are down a couple of inches so very pleased. Worth persevering with..

I fitted these to all of the windows on my Yeti about a month ago. Make sure that the outer part of your window seals have not curled under, this pushes the deflector into the path of the window. Make sure the seal lies nice and flat.

The only slight problem is with the folding mirrors. When they fold they just press against the deflectors slightly. It is only a slight problem, no damage or wear as yet to any parts. I myself now take great pleasure in washing the front windscreen with the side windows open. Much better than when I first got the car and soaked my arm and window switches with foamy water.

Would recommend them to any Yeti owner/driver.

I think one of mine did that 2 years ago..............it's still probably there.

I wonder whether they are actually needed at all?

I refitted mine to my second Yeti and decided not to fit the clips.  I've had no problems at all.

J

Just finished fitting a set of these to my yeti. Drivers side no problem passenger side took a couple of trys before the window closed properly. I just used 1 clip per window so far as they seemed secure enough.

Leaving the windows closed over night to bed in.

Pretty good value for under 30 quid.

Hope I have a long wait before I see how good they are in the rain!!

Edited by New2Yetidom

The Climair ones I had on the front of the current car were there for 3 years with no problems at all.

They fitted securely.

They do not have double sided tape or the clips in the window channels.

I'm hoping that fitting the Heko ones without the clips works as well.

Fronts should be OK as the end to end dimension of them is wider than the diagonal measurement from front bottom corner to top rear corner of the window (if you see what I mean?) so they're wedged in.

The rear ones sit square to the parallel verticals of the window so might be prone to slipping down?

Time will tell I suppose.

All I need now is the car to fit them to, but that's another story....

Had chance today to try recover the lost clip in the door, which meant having my first go at removing a Yeti door card. Reasonably stright forward after checking out the procedure on my fleebay elsawin.

Problem though with Skoda doors since the introduction of the old Fabia, is there just not designed to get into even with the card removed.

9216504895_5c9d1d7d6e_c.jpg

According to elsa to take the carrier plate out you have to remove the window glass and the speaker is riveted in place. So access could be a long drawn out affair  :S

Fortunately by loosening the carrier bolts and removing all but the top two you can just push 'back' the bottom of the carrier plate enough to squeeze a hand part way in and thankfully the clip was within the limited reach.

9216505285_584b2d9c13_c.jpg

Clip now fitted more securely in a higher position.

TP

• Like 4

I have taken door cards off my old corsa and several older fords, but wouldn't even consider it on my Yeti!

Once again the The Plumber sets a shining example of all things of Yeti mechanics. good job sir  :thumbup: 

(and thanks for the advice on my friends Monte Carlo order, it has arrived in the UK this week!)

Just got a full set of the deflectors but I'm having issues fitting the front. The U clips don't appear deep enough without fouling the glass and one on first closing the nearside window one got pushed back behind the seal and is now in the door :doh:

Anyone else fitted these but without issue :wonder:

TP

Hi Tim In another thread I put details of removing the clips altogether and fitting ultra thin double sided tape on the outside facing parts of the deflectors. This reduced wind noise and allowed the windows to close better. I seem to think other members have done similar and not used the clips. Well done in retrieving the clip from the door, would not have liked to do that. It has also made me pleased I removed the clips

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well its a month since I fitted these and today is the first time its rained around here when Ive been in the yeti, it absolutely tipped it down on the A1M and the rain didnt block the mirrors as prior ti fitting the deflectors.

Result so far as during the winter weather the mirrors got blocked with crud blown off the windscreen through the gap between the body and the mirror.

So far so good

Fitted mine this afternoon.

No clips used.

The fronts came with very thin double sided tape on the ends and two bits for the middle sections.

The rears had three pieces of tape.

All four deflectors fitted in about 20 mins.

They feel quite secure but the usual problem of the anti trap kicking in but they should settle down in a day or two.

Edit... 24 hrs later and the windows open and close with no catching. Jobs a goodun.

They do seem to cut down wind noise when the windows are open so I'm happy :)

• 8 months later...

Hi Tim In another thread I put details of removing the clips altogether and fitting ultra thin double sided tape on the outside facing parts of the deflectors. This reduced wind noise and allowed the windows to close better. I seem to think other members have done similar and not used the clips. Well done in retrieving the clip from the door, would not have liked to do that. It has also made me pleased I removed the clips

So your Heko deflectors staid in place jonceebee without the clips and just the double sided tape? Ive heard from someone else that when the mirror folds in it just touches the deflector but causing no problems