VRS Leather and Colour Maxi-dot

Hi all,

new to BriSkoda, and hopefully new to Skoda before too long. I'm looking at ordering a Diesel VRS estate asap, but am torn over 2 options

1) VRS Leather upgrade (£600) is it a good investment? Does anyone know whether the leather is decent quality? 

2) Colour Maxi-dot computer (£85) - is it worth getting if I'm not bothering with a Sat-nav system??

Looking at Race blue estate with Blacklining, privacy windows, Canton speakers, Winter pack and the above.

Thanks.

Leather yes if you have kids, easier to clean etc.

No otherwise, the leather isn't brilliant quality but then again the standard seat fabric is very cheap looking so for £600 it ain't too bad, just don't expect BMW type leather (other than the cheapest BMW stuff which is poo)

Ask yourself this 1 question.

Do I REALLY need it ? & you then have your answer.

Personally - having seen stock seats at goodwood, i wouldnt bother the my car doesn't get used for long journeys daily where the seats would be - hammered-. no kids climbing all over them.

I have a B&W maxidot im my current car ( use google maps onmy phone for navigation), & it does the job, so this is an option for me  = No.

Not sure but if you spec leather on the vRS I think you are forced to take heated seats too bumping the price upto 800.

Colour maxidot is quite cheap but given you get no real benefit over the standard (and already better resolution than the previous models) maxidot fitted to the car id almost suggest its pointless

Do the leather seats have any colour on them or are they just black?

I have a suspicion they are either grey or red like the cloth depending on what cloth trim you would have chosen, dont quote me on that though

Ask yourself this 1 question.

Do I REALLY need it ? & you then have your answer.

Personally - having seen stock seats at goodwood, i wouldnt bother the my car doesn't get used for long journeys daily where the seats would be - hammered-. no kids climbing all over them.

I have a B&W maxidot im my current car ( use google maps onmy phone for navigation), & it does the job, so this is an option for me  = No.

No.. you are buying a car... so the question should be Do I REALLY WANT IT? You only live once... get what you want. :-)

• Like 2

If/when I decide to go for a Mk3 vRS then I'd be planning on keeping it for around 5yrs (I tend to get an interest free loan from my mum - so purchase and then wait until I own it before moving on).

So yes, a lot of options can make the car that more expensive. But If I'm driving it for 5yrs then I want to make sure I get all the toys/features I want.

Does anyone have a picture of the upgraded leather vRS seats?  I can't stand the standard vRS seats, and my local dealer couldn't find any info on the upgrade ones, apart from the price!

Does anyone have a picture of the upgraded leather vRS seats?  I can't stand the standard vRS seats, and my local dealer couldn't find any info on the upgrade ones, apart from the price!

Be exactly the same but with leather on the cloth bits.

• 2 months later...

Here is the picture of leather upholstery: http://img.auto.cz/auto/base/2013-37/teskocrs14_5232d4c222a33.jpg

And the the full gallery: http://www.auto.cz/test-skoda-octavia-combi-rs-rodinny-skorosportak-76347/foto?foto=0&galerie=5232d4c6d07b3

I wish there was an option with alcantara + leather.

To me it seems that the leather quality is not the best :(

Edited by lempart
  • Like 1

Here is the picture of leather upholstery: http://img.auto.cz/auto/base/2013-37/teskocrs14_5232d4c222a33.jpg

And the the full gallery: http://www.auto.cz/test-skoda-octavia-combi-rs-rodinny-skorosportak-76347/foto?foto=0&galerie=5232d4c6d07b3

I wish there was and option with alcantara + leather.

Some decent photos there.

When ordering heated leather, are the rear seats heated aswell?

From my understanding is that you can't get headed rear seats in the uk.

Is it me or does the passenger seat leather on that photo look really baggy?

Ah ok! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Yes the seat in the photos looks like its sagging.

I hope the seats are more durable than those photos suggest!

Is it me or does the passenger seat leather on that photo look really baggy?

I had leather seats on my order and removed it as i never saw a single pic of the leather seats that did not look like that :-(

Question is if the leather quality is really so bad or the pics are coming from some test cars. I cannot imagine that seat look like s..t with such a small mileage.

Why Skoda is not giving option alcantara + leather which seems elegant and practical.

• Like 1

The reason I agreed with swmbo on not ordering leather (she doesn't like it - I do) was because of reports of poor quality.

What worries me is that the leather is either complete carp or Skoda are so poor at PR that they're handing out preproduction samples for review with poor quality seats.

Not sure I like either option.

Edited by gullyg

we have leather on our VRS and very happy with it, quality not as good as my Merc but feels better than my Superb Mk 2

SAM_1613.jpg

went for the white stitching and trim

Edited by kensym

Kensym, those seats look much better than the ones posted earlier.

The white stitching looks really good too.

Does the leather seem good quality? In the photos in the earier post they look pretty poor but its hard to tell from photos!

I didn't order it because:

1. I have it in my current car & don't like it.

2. When you get hot weather and you're in shorts & T-shirt, it will burn the back of your legs & arms & be a right PITA too as it sizzles your backside like a steak on a BBQ.

3, It's a right PITA to keep clean.

4. It's expensive for the "quality".

5. It's expensive to get repaired if it gets damaged.