RoadWarrior

Postman arrived and my stencil man has come up trumps again:

Pursuit%20Special_zps9srncjll.jpg

This will be going on the rear and completes my set of stencils (still deciding on a possible aerial roof marking). All that remains is to cover up the Punisher markings, get the spray paints out and convert the car to a Mad Max motor B)

• Like 3

I've ordered some new, shiny things this morning!

Awesome%20Order%20July%202015_zpspghqfbh

Need to get myself some new rad fans as well and hopefully there will be no more risks of overheating. RARB + the new wheels and tyres should hopefully tighten everything up nicely and the recirc valve should add a little more noise.

Really starting to get back into modifying the car - I'm now praying that I can get a new job (better paid) in the near future and then I can really start to ramp up the tuning. *If* all goes according to plan then I can drop it on coilies (plus upgrade bushes, mounts, etc) and look at Stage 1... and if it really goes well I can skip that, stick on an FMIC + turbo back 'zaust and go straight to Stage 2!

Probably getting a bit ahead of myself... but "dare to dream" and all that noise :)

Hopefully this will be even more extreme, come the next Brisky National.

• Like 3

Looking good mate, just need pics with the banded steelies on!

I'm hoping to get them on soon, but I just can't make my mind up on which tyres I want.

I've found some BF Goodrich tyres (same brand as the one's in Max) but they're only mid-range. Question of looks vs performance :think:

Hopefully next week or the week after.

The theme change has begun...

P1080057_zpsnuorivlq.jpg

P1080058_zpsnvrbexs6.jpg

P1080059_zpsddybrfgu.jpg

P1080060_zpszbca0rzk.jpg

P1080061_zpsdvvlc4b3.jpg

P1080062_zpsasezlowy.jpg

I put the Skoda stencil on at an angle, rather than straight... and it's really noticeable :(

I'm leaving the paint to harden and will peel the stencils off tomorrow. If the Skoda one bothers me too much I may have to re-do it - hopefully it'll turn out better than I think it will.

• Like 3

Well once again I've made the mistake of buying cheap lacquer... and it's messed up the painting (it's so thick and sludgy it's impossible to separate the paint and stencil properly, even though I've sprayed on thin layers). However... it's worked out quite ratty and actually fits the theme well. With the addition of a bit of black paint and some chalk water, it's roughed it up and made it look a bit weathered.

P1080079_zpsjcgsd7wo.jpg

P1080080_zpsvfqvnc7x.jpg

P1080082_zpswiuzz49v.jpg

I've also done the O/S door and removed the Punisher skull from the rear quarter:

P1080074_zpszefj7qvs.jpg

P1080076_zpso9u3gwu6.jpg

P1080077_zps5dujgjhh.jpg

P1080083_zpswrspzedl.jpg

P1080085_zpsb1rxmb79.jpg

I've left parts of the stencil on (hence the embossed look) mainly because I don't want to risk screwing them up anymore! It looks pretty good though, so it's not all bad B)

I'm back at work tomorrow, so will have to wait until next week to get the other side done... by that point I'll hopefully have made my mind up on what bloody tyres I want lol

• Like 2

I've left parts of the stencil on (hence the embossed look) mainly because I don't want to risk screwing them up anymore! It looks pretty good though, so it's not all bad B)

I'm back at work tomorrow, so will have to wait until next week to get the other side done... by that point I'll hopefully have made my mind up on what bloody tyres I want lol

Them embossed look is pretty cool, maybe highlight the 'embossed' sections in a darker gold to give it a bit more depth? Looking pretty awesome other wise!

Needs more Magpul though!

• Like 1

Them embossed look is pretty cool, maybe highlight the 'embossed' sections in a darker gold to give it a bit more depth? Looking pretty awesome other wise!

Needs more Magpul though!

That's actually a good idea. The only issue would be that I wouldn't be able to spray it on - I'd have to try and use a brush or something. Definitely worth a go though - thanks for that :thumbup:

I'd love to add some military / ordnance stuff but tbh it's pretty much a no go. You just know some copper will pull me over and start bitching about "public perception," or some idiot member of the public would call the police and I'd end up being dragged out of my car by firearms cops because "u iz a terr0rizt!" or some crap. I still remember the story of some guy who had a "grenade" as a gear knob... and someone called the police :D

It's just not worth the bull**** :(

• Like 2

Small update: tax paid... and you're damn straight I'm not having an empty tax disc holder!

Tax%20Fake_zpsx8edqxby.jpg

A bit of practice and I think a new career as a professional forger is on the cards :D

Did you mean to do the error on the forged one?

Which one lol? The tax period? The full year in the stamp? The barcode? The font? :D

There's loads of intentional errors - I don't want anyone thinking I'm too good :ph34r:

The date under DVLA / EVL. Obviously the bar ode is wrong.... and I didn't notice the font...

The tax period is fine, it's just 6 months.

Pretty good effort though

Get yaself a small diy air brush gun to play with, with a little black as a shadow effect those graphics would look way moody, another thought tho as in the mcm vid maybe abit of fire would have nice effect

• Like 1

Do u warm the spray cans before spraying? If not get a heat gun or hair dryer and give the can a couple minutes heat and another shake, paint goes on much more uniform and thin.

The tax period is fine, it's just 6 months.

Nah it says "12" in the tax period box instead of 6. But I'm not fussed, no one's going to look that closely :P

Get yaself a small diy air brush gun to play with, with a little black as a shadow effect those graphics would look way moody, another thought tho as in the mcm vid maybe abit of fire would have nice effect

I'm not particularly good with "real-life" art... I'm more of a Photoshop artist lol. I might give it a go though - there's a place up the road that sells equipment like that, so I might see if they've got a deal on.

Cars looking epic, have you been watching mighty car mods :p

I've seen a few pics on Facebook, but not really followed it all that much. Very cool what they're doing, but you'd never get away with that on the roads here :D

Do u warm the spray cans before spraying? If not get a heat gun or hair dryer and give the can a couple minutes heat and another shake, paint goes on much more uniform and thin.

Tbh there's no need to - they sit in the sun before I use them anyway. The primer / paint is fine and I don't usually have any trouble... it's just the cheap lacquer that messes it all up.

I've just found I've got a gold tyre marker - I'm going to see if it's darker than the gold paint. If so, I can use it to colour the embossed bits!

P1080105_zpsqv46jf1e.jpg

• Like 3