Pet driving hates/dislikes?

vigyaz

After spending 20min in this situation, I'm going with this thought. You'd have the same amount of traffic queuing just in two shorter queues and the one lane that is open would flow even worse with loads of people trying to "merge". Once I see the signs I line a gap up and move to the correct lane. Thankfully earlier today a lorry just blocked the outside lane, after a bit the traffic flowed nicely without the people going down the outside. 

I've been in this situaiton with 3 lanes into 1. 2 trucks blocked the outside lanes and succeeded in accelerating the single lane from 2mph to more like 30.

People who are aggressive with hgv drivers who are doing 40mph on single carriageway nsl roads!!!!! It's the law moron!!!!!! And no they don't pull over as it decimates fuel econamy

I think the focus on fuel economy makes HGV drivers more dangerous than some of them already are!!

On the Motorways they just think they can pullout whenever they please to overtake something as they absolutely will not brake. They need to read the road better and not leave until last minute before making an overtake and nearly colliding with other road users. I had an oxygen thief of a HGV driver literally 2m behind me after he pulled out behind me to overtake the lorry in front of him in his lane.

The lights came on and the horn went off for me to speed up, I couldn't as the gap to the car in front of me did not allow. Just dangerous.

I believe the blame lays with the haulage companies who give economy bonuses to drivers. It's just daft.

Consider what would happen if everyone used two lanes right up to the end - grid lock. The only reason there is a queue at 800yds is because those at the head of the queue are having to brake to let the Yuppie-berks in.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You should use both lanes up to the merger point.  It is fools all crushing into one lane ages before the lane closure that cause delays.  Also knobs in the inner lane refusing to allow people to merge in.  Use the zipper rule.  One vehicle from inner lane followed by a merging car, one from inner lane etc......

• Like 3

You should use both lanes up to the merger point.  It is fools all crushing into one lane ages before the lane closure that cause delays.  Also knobs in the inner lane refusing to allow people to merge in.  Use the zipper rule.  One vehicle from inner lane followed by a merging car, one from inner lane etc......

I don't entirely agree with using the lane to be closed right up to the merger point.

When the ‘Road Works Ahead’ sign is displayed, you will need to be more watchful and look for additional signs providing more specific instructions. Observe all signs - they are there for your safety and the safety of road workers.

You MUST NOT exceed any temporary maximum speed limit.

Use your mirrors and get into the correct lane for your vehicle in good time and as signs direct.

Do not switch lanes to overtake queuing traffic.

Whatever what you look at it, "In good time" (which is too open to interpretation) can not possibly mean "When you have nowhere else to go".

• Like 1

my biggest pet hate is say your doing 40 in a 40 zone and people are overtaking you? what is the need im doing the speed limit so what is the problem.

Also drive a van and speed laws for vans is different to cars but nobody knows this! For instence on a 60mph road in a van ( Renault trafic to be precise) you have to do 50 BY LAW. Why people get annoyed at you or my fave was when this guy over took me then slammed on in front of me and slowed down because i was doing 50 in a 60. I told him to look up the law on driving a van after we had a bit of an argument at the junction up the road.

• Like 1

People who refuse to pull in from the outside lane to let me pass them when they are doing 75-80mph, as if to say "I'm doing in excess of the speed limit so you shouldn't want to come past."

Just get out of my way. You drive at your speed and I'll drive at mine thanks.

BMW drivers on the auto bahn. Yesterday I was in Lane 3 doing 85 to overtake when out of nowhere a BMW arrived flashing his lights. I had to slow down to stop the overtaking and return to lane 2. That upset him too going by the way he gesticulated. :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

People who refuse to pull in from the outside lane to let me pass them when they are doing 75-80mph, as if to say "I'm doing in excess of the speed limit so you shouldn't want to come past."Just get out of my way. You drive at your speed and I'll drive at mine thanks.

Self enforced Policemen/women really get my goat too... hmmmm, so do the Briskoda Police come to think of it.......

So called "professional drivers." This morning, I followed a police motorcycle rider who's skill at the handle bars were nothing short of shocking. He was in no hurry but clearly didn't really know what to do with himself or where to go. Also, roll up smoking Vauxhall combo driving irritants. :wall::rofl:

Two to add:

People that spend so long staring at your car in the door mirror they drift over the white line towards you.

People that cut in so close after overtaking they are actually over the white line as they come past your front wheel.

• Like 1

One to add that I've just experienced - people who change lane in the middle of a roundabout because they're incapable of reading the road ahead of them to figure out which lane they need to be in.

If you got it wrong, then exit the roundabout in the lane you're in and work your way back, don't just swerve expecting everybody else to get out of your way :wall:

• Like 3

People who refuse to pull in from the outside lane to let me pass them when they are doing 75-80mph, as if to say "I'm doing in excess of the speed limit so you shouldn't want to come past."

I actually could rip a guys head off who lives across from me who does this! Every morning we set off at the same time and every morning we get on the motorway and he flys up the slip road goes straight into the outside lane and sits there. I've only ever managed to move him over once! And after I passed him he moved back out when there was nobody in the middle lane. It makes me chuckle tho coz he has a 1.9tdi Audi a4 b6 2007 and he thinks he's something special.... He does know the 2.0tdi is where it's at right??

I actually could rip a guys head off who lives across from me who does this! Every morning we set off at the same time and every morning we get on the motorway and he flys up the slip road goes straight into the outside lane and sits there. I've only ever managed to move him over once! And after I passed him he moved back out when there was nobody in the middle lane. It makes me chuckle tho coz he has a 1.9tdi Audi a4 b6 2007 and he thinks he's something special.... He does know the 2.0tdi is where it's at right??

Well you know what to do now.... print off an extract of the new lane hogger rule and post it through his door, on his windscreen, rear wiper..... :D

I'm afraid to say I've done this.......

Only because the moron failed to notice the police car parked up in the lay by.

Good deed of the day. :-p

• Like 1

BMW drivers on the auto bahn. Yesterday I was in Lane 3 doing 85 to overtake when out of nowhere a BMW arrived flashing his lights.

BMW drivers do actually own the Autobahns in Germany, didn't you know that? Lol!

There's some spectacular tailgating going on over there too, I once saw a Porsche 944 turbo with a MK2 Golf less than 1 metre from it's back bumper at well over 100MPH. I was doing about 95MPH at the time and they passed me like I'd stopped! Once the Porsche had dutifully pulled over in front of me the Golf left it for dead. I wish I'd had a dash cam as the Golf's speed was truly epic!

I remember having a Porsche Panamera come flying up my chuff on the way to the Ring in 2007 while I was doing a 3 figure speed in the Octy so god only knows what kind of speed he must have been doing. Quite scary when you have to get over into a lane full of lorries all doing 60!

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88

Got flashed again today from a road captain for overtaking him in a 60 zone when he was doing 40! Where do these idiots come from?

I'm afraid to say I've done this.......

Only because the moron failed to notice the police car parked up in the lay by.

Good deed of the day. :-p

That's not so bad

That's the one!

It annoys me when I use motorway lanes as designed and other road users don't. I.e I'm in the most left hand lane but coming up towards a lorry travelling slower than me. I see a car in the middle lane travelling faster than me but the right hand lane is clear. I indicate in plenty of time to let them know I need to come into the middle lane and they can continue their same speed in the clear right hand lane or change speed and go past me so I can pull out behind them to overtake the lorry. People that do neither and just carry on their merry way forcing me to brake then wait for them to go past is just plain ignorance or rudeness. I always pull into a clear lane if I can see someone else needs to change lanes or speed up to pass without inconveniencing them. Argh does my head in!

Interestingly since the fines came into effect today there was a noticeable difference in others driving on my return from work. A lot more people were using the lanes properly. Made me chuckle!

• Like 2

People that do neither and just carry on their merry way forcing me to brake then wait for them to go past is just plain ignorance or rudeness.

Happens a lot on the stretch of motorway I commute on. In fact it's not unknown for someone to travel at the same speed as me but in the lane outside, only for them to suddenly speed up and block my way once it becomes obvious I'm going to need to overtake a lorry - it's almost like the reverse of road captains :wall: