Mythical vRS button....

A vRS Mode badge is a nice little touch, but I'm not sure i'd want to go to all the trouble of changing it if a spare part was available to order. Most of us are going to put it in Sport Mode from the get-go I imagine?

Mine's build week 44, so I'll have a look when I get it but VRS TDI estate I test drove just had mode button.

I've been told it's been built now and on its way from the factory to Emden...

Ive just had Skoda UK on the phone with a response from my initial query about the lack of a VRS-mode button.

They ve checked the uk fleet base where all the UK stock comes in and confirmed that they all have the normal mode button

Theyve checked the central part supply warehouse where spares would come from to replace a faulty cluster and they are all Mode as well.

So it seems theyve given up as even if they wanted to replace the button or cluster they cant because they simply dont exist in the current system for the UK market.

Theyve suggested to see what happens in 6 months time and see if any ever start arriving in the UK and theyll swap but im not that fussed really. I was only ever concerned I'd end up with an "early build" which had the wrong button and would be identifiable to a future buyer.  If mines the same as every other VRS then it doesnt really matter now! :)

Ive suggested they need to change their brochure and theyve agreed this would be a good idea (but I doubt it will happen!)

It looks like VRS-Mode button was only ever another brochure error for the UK like the cornering darkened fogs...

• Like 2

Thanks for the update.

Thinking about it the whole idea was a bit odd anyway as the button lights up when in any mode except Normal so when in Eco it'll be lit up 'vRS Mode'..... which makes no sense.....

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just picked this up from Sparshatts. It's an early crimbo present from the Wife.

Now then, how the hell do I fit it.....

I'm assuming centre consol comes out but please tell me you didn't spend 33 quid on a button?!

Yeah. It's actually a full row although there's only one button.

If I want something I'm happy to spend money to get it.

Shouldn't that row have the Parking Sensors button on it too?

It depends on the spec of the car. The only other button I have on that row is boot opening. I only asked for a vRS button.

Here's the full row.

So they bothered to reverse the left-to-right order on those buttons, but putting the handbrake on the other side was too much of a hassle?

So they bothered to reverse the left-to-right order on those buttons, but putting the handbrake on the other side was too much of a hassle?

Moving the handbrake would cost far more wouldn't it... Possible cable rerouting, a mount for it, new mouldings for the centre console.

Well I've just been given a date for next Friday for mine, but if it dosnt have a vRS button I'm rejecting it.

It's actually an optional extra (at least here it is). You need to order 'performance selection pack' to be able to switch modes like that and therefor get the button. It's about a 100 euro's.

So call your dealer and check ;).

It's actually an optional extra (at least here it is). You need to order 'performance selection pack' to be able to switch modes like that and therefor get the button. It's about a 100 euro's.

Mate, I'm that desperate for mine, I would take it if it was pink

Yeah, same in Estonia - you need to order the functionality for 100 EUR, which is the same for "normal" Octavias. For notes VRS "Drive mode" has different ordering code compared to non VRS car. Hence the difference on the logo I guess.

PFC for non VRS

PFD for VRS

Edited by conn
  • Like 1

Mine has the "Vrs mode" button - build week 41.

Well I am in Wakefield, so do not be surprised if you find it has "cough" swapped over in the middle of the night to a Mode button.

• Like 1

Well I am in Wakefield, so do not be surprised if you find it has "cough" swapped over in the middle of the night to a Mode button.

Your build date was after mine so you should be fine.  If not, print this and stick it on :-)

post-121081-0-23507800-1415892616_thumb.jpg