The Skoda Yeti FL Discussion thread

Do you like the Yeti FL  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Yeti FL?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you miss the front fog lights? (multiple choice answers possible)

• Yes
    • No
    • Looks fine without
    • Looks worse without
  3. 3. Has the FL made you more inclined to buy a new Yeti

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Aerofurb - sorry, yes you're right about those cornering fogs. The old brochure was right too. Maybe someone doing the brochure update botched the search and replace of "std" to "•". :)

And if that's Jungle Green, which I think it is, it looks like justifying the wife's confidence in that colour.  I'd still very much like to see it in the flesh, though.

Vindicated on my choice of colour - looks great!

To me the photo looks "enhanced".

I don't think the colour will look like that in the real world.

It looks even better on the dealer's colour swatch, assuming of course that is a true representation.

Yes, it looks nice.  A good choice for the Outdoor model.

Just not like the picture.

Yuk - the model tested has that horrible sickly, sparkly brown dashboard trim. What are Skoda thinking of putting this in the FL as it matches nothing in the car. If mine turns up with that it will be removed on day 1 and vinyl wrapped with brushed alloy.

IT is sad to see these latest reviews,

It is now pointing to why more was not done to upgrade the interiors,

Yesterday i saw review of Kia Soul 2014 Canadian version.

What could be on the cards for the uk version i wonder,

This is just example of things to come,

Not only Kia but many other car makers

Yuk - the model tested has that horrible sickly, sparkly brown dashboard trim. What are Skoda thinking of putting this in the FL as it matches nothing in the car. If mine turns up with that it will be removed on day 1 and vinyl wrapped with brushed alloy.

I'm wrapping mine piano black.

• Like 1

^ @Truthseeker

^^ @Brijo

+1 and I mean count me in too!  :giggle: 

Apart from that I find them also way too busy for my taste as well.

Edited by OldBoy

I'd suggest making sure the dealer puts that you want a 14 plate on your order form.

Otherwise if it comes early you'll be pressed into registering it on a 63 to bump up February sales figures.

Just worth mentioning...  unless you don't really care.  For the sake of a week or two, I'd always go for the later plate as it's worth a bit more come resale time.

Good advice, salesman is a good friend and advised I wait for a 14 plate.

Baby on the way means I wanted it earlier, but I'll hang on because of the financial benefit.

It is sad to see these latest reviews,

Can't say that I disagree at all. My overall feeling at seeing the emerging spec details and reviews is, well, disappointment I suppose. I'm told that it was entirely predictable that the F/L wouldn't actually change much. But I'm still rather old school when it comes to thinking that each new car you buy should represent positive progress in terms of features, performance etc. The F/L fails this test I'm afraid other than features which weren't available in 2010 but were in the pre-F/L Yeti. Only new item I can think of (relevant to me at least) is the rear-view camera.

I do find myself torn three ways. Just hang on to the present Yeti for another 1-2 years and see what else pops up on to the market. Get another Yeti just for the sake of staying in the 'not too old' stakes (and getting maybe a couple of features that I don't currently have - eg electric chairs and heated screen). Or, thirdly, look around to see what else might be on the market (or imminent) in the small SUV/4x4 class; but truth be told there's not too much else that appeals. Merc GLA possibly? Definitely glass half empty!

Edited by prodata

My parents have just ordered one.  I think it looks more boring than the original model and there's no 1.4TSI - which is a really good engine - so they're having to go for the 1.2TSI which may be a little underpowered.

Maybe they'll fit LED DRLs rather than the dull yellow ones.  I have nothing against halogen headlamps at night - the colour is better for seeing with than HIDs, even if there's less light - but DRLs really need to be daylight colour.

My parents have just ordered one.  I think it looks more boring than the original model and there's no 1.4TSI - which is a really good engine - so they're having to go for the 1.2TSI which may be a little underpowered.

Maybe they'll fit LED DRLs rather than the dull yellow ones.  I have nothing against halogen headlamps at night - the colour is better for seeing with than HIDs, even if there's less light - but DRLs really need to be daylight colour.

Boring? - some people I know say that about the Octavia.

LED DRL's - they are standard on the FL Elegance & L&K.