Alarm going off at random times of the night

Hi

For the last two months on and off i have been having alarm issues, these started with the pip noise not being there anymore when you lock and unlock the car.

The siren also was non functional, it went into my local dealer, who diagnosed and said the siren was at fault and i needed a new one.

New one fitted, still no pip when locking, still no alarm.

I was told at that stage that they could not clear the permanent fault, and could not find the fault reason that day.

Got the car home, booked it back in and low and behold the next day the pip is back, alarm working, and everything was fine..

Now from that date i have had on and off with the locking pips, the alarm could be good as good for a week, then at some god forsaken time of the morning start going off with no apparent cause.

I can press the alarm thing on door pilar, it makes no difference it still goes off.

Its all booked back in to be looked at again, the dealer seemed to believe it may be the alarm ecu ?

The small red light on the door card is non functional either, even with the car locked it doesn't flash at all, and it used to.

I live in a small cul de sac, my alarm going off is really starting to **** my neighbours off, the local police are not best impressed after now being called out to attend five times in the last two weeks.

My question i have removed the 5amp fuse which is marked as the intruder alarm, will this disable the siren until it goes in to Skoda next week ?

If not is there anther way of temporally disabling the alarm siren ?

Edited by koni

The siren unit is behind the drivers side wheel arch lining if you want to unplug it. Jack up, wheel off, 4 or 5 wee screws out, lining off, should be up on the left hand side. It may then throw up an error code that the siren isn't connected but it's better than the fuzz comin' a knockin'

You may also find this of use

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/128706-anti-theft-alarm-systeminterior-monitor-error/

• Like 2

the car is in warranty still so ill let the Skoda tech look at it again for the 3rd time, to see if they can sort it third time lucky and all that jazz.....

Hopefully with the fuse out it will not go off tonight ?

I would imagine when it goes in on wednesday next week it will not get fixed on the day, as the dealership i use doesnt seem to carry any parts what so ever.

whats my next course of action if they fail for a third time to sort it ?

Well it went in today, a faulty ultrasonic sensor and the alarm sensitivity was set to 100.

Sensor changed and the sensitivity has been reduced to 70.

hopefully that's the end of it lol

I had issues of random activation in my old civic. Turbed out one of the bolts holding the drivers rear door latch had got loose so the car thought the door was open on the odd occasion.

Might be an idea to check

• 3 weeks later...

Guess what ?

its back in Skoda again for the same fault, it was good for around a week and then.....

in the middle of the day this time lol it just randomly started going off lol.

due to me not being able to stop it going off, as soon as i locked the door it would trigger lol so i pulled the fuse out again, problem solved !

its driving me insane !!

the Skoda tech has been in conversation with someone at Skoda technical to try and get authorisation to replace the alarm ECU as he still believes that is where the fault is coming from, unfortunatly without permission from Skoda they cannot change it as "it wont be paid for under warranty".

nightmare !

Edited by koni

Hi,

Just a question......is your stereo playing if you go out to the car. My alarm kept going off on occasions and ended up being a faulty SD card. The connection must have been bad and it was like ejecting and entering your SD card which starts the stereo playing.

• 2 weeks later...

Small update:

Skoda did eventually get back to the garage and they have agreed for my alarm ECU to be changed.

Its being done on the 30th Sept, and hopefully this will sort the issue.

The skoda tech described the fault as "spontaneous alarm activation, triggered by the ECU via the internal sensors".

Will update once the ecu has been changed, just in case anyone else has this issue.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

sorry for the late reply!

sadly it was not cured, Skoda have tried everything possible to fix it shy of removing the wiring loom or checking every single earth in the car.

I have chosen to remove the interior alarm fuse, the alarm has not sounded for over 6 months now, not a fix, but it gives me, my neighbours and the police a break!

Edited by koni

• 1 month later...

Hi to all long suffering ECU alarm victims.

My Octavia 'Elegance' had been alarming itself intermittently (often at intervals of a couple of weeks to a couple of months) while sat on the driveway at home and in various car parks; This seemed to happen at the end of a hot day.  After a year of this, I eventually took the car in to my Skoda agent. The diagnosis was a faulty sensor.

The diagnostics, spare part and half an hours labour lightened my wallet by £230.  has anyone paid a similar amount for such a repair?

Best wishes to all and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts.

Lojong