What made you smile whilst driving?

sparks03

Got home to find a young (I say young because his car had aftermarket alloys and he was driving a 02 clio) had parked his car next to my mums drive (yes I still live with mummykins) this is a big problemo for me because he'd parked up on the pavement, there are already 2 cars on the drive with one protruding onto the lawn making it difficult for me to squeeze in and get my car onto the lawn, but what made me chuckle was the fact he had a parking ticket! Karma does suck, the idiot also left his ipod nano on the dashboard, he's clearly been parked there for a good while as the last time the parking man comes round for the day is around 4pmish, I don't mean to be harsh, but it would make my day if I hear a car alarm going of soon :bandit: he'd think twice where he parks next time

the annoying gentle clunk sound thats now gone having finally, with some help from me mech's long arm ratchet set..., getting the bolt outa me droplink! And the new bushes bolts and brackets on my arb. Feels good!

Driving the Polo through the beautiful, sunny Shropshire countryside on the way to Telford this morning, lack of power steering making the corners of the A518 feel like I was blatting around Spa Franchorchamps :D

Got home to find a young (I say young because his car had aftermarket alloys and he was driving a 02 clio) had parked his car next to my mums drive (yes I still live with mummykins) this is a big problemo for me because he'd parked up on the pavement, there are already 2 cars on the drive with one protruding onto the lawn making it difficult for me to squeeze in and get my car onto the lawn, but what made me chuckle was the fact he had a parking ticket! Karma does suck, the idiot also left his ipod nano on the dashboard, he's clearly been parked there for a good while as the last time the parking man comes round for the day is around 4pmish, I don't mean to be harsh, but it would make my day if I hear a car alarm going of soon :bandit: he'd think twice where he parks next time

Logic is flawed there... Are you saying you live in a **** area? Or should you have said "he'll not leave his iPod on the dash again"? Or will you black up, sneak out at night, jemmy his doors and nick his alloys, leaving the car on bricks? Clarity.... Might be best if you didn't confirm the last option... :)

Edited by vindaloo
  • Like 1

I don't thankfully live in a too **** a area, I just wouldn't be so stupid as to leave my iPod on plain view, no matter how a nice a area you live, someone will always seize the opportunity, in other news, I've got 4 Clio wheels & tyres for sale if anyone's interested... :bandit: 

• Like 1

I don't thankfully live in a too **** a area, I just wouldn't be so stupid as to leave my iPod on plain view, no matter how a nice a area you live, someone will always seize the opportunity, in other news, I've got 4 Clio wheels & tyres for sale if anyone's interested... :bandit:

How much? :) the wheels on my car seem to have gone missing so I need some replacements ;)

its not toxicvrs' clio is it? :D

:no:

No I feel bad enough for him as it is ;)

Thanks, I don't get parking tickets nor do I have an iPod ;)

Ahaha could be!

:no:
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The convertible Volvo painted in a colour which could only be described as magnolia. Why would anyone choose that colour?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Along a similar line, saw a BMW i3 on my jaunt today. Made me laugh, who would buy such a hideous car? Turns out, someone who can't drive and has no interest in cars. I soon overtook him after putting up with him driving like a retard for half a mile.

Edited by samj2013

Along a similar line, saw a BMW i3 on my jaunt today. Made me laugh, who would buy such a hideous car? Turns out, someone who can't drive and has no interest in cars. I soon overtook him after putting up with him driving like a retard for half a mile.

Probably can't cope with the pram wheels they have.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I love them, had an electric car myself which was ace.  The I8 is tasty too.  Once they sort out a UK wide charging network and decent range in my price budget, I'll switch back to leccy-best transmission ever, all the comfort of auto and all the control of a manual, plus a great sound and loads of power!

Only thing is that at the monent they generally only get bought by weirdos.

Oh..! Hmmm  :ph34r:

I love them, had an electric car myself which was ace.  The I8 is tasty too.  Once they sort out a UK wide charging network and decent range in my price budget, I'll switch back to leccy-best transmission ever, all the comfort of auto and all the control of a manual, plus a great sound and loads of power!

Only thing is that at the monent they generally only get bought by weirdos.

Oh..! Hmmm  :ph34r:

Reaallllly? I guess there's no accounting for taste ;)

Reaallllly? I guess there's no accounting for taste ;)

I was surprised how good the electric cars are to drive, I had a "toy" one-a Renault Twizy and drove a few others.

I just loved the drivetrain; no noise unless flooring it and you get a pleasing turbine whine, no vibration, no smoke or smells and the no gears transmission is blindingly accurate as it works like a drill switch, the harder you press the faster it goes, ease off and it eases back off instantly with no slack or over-run making it super controllable on twisties and a doddle in traffic too, better than any other petrol/diesel/LPG/hybrid/manual or auto I've ever driven.

The BMWs can have the range-extender option so you can use it as a normal day to day car too, running costs are lowish and resale should be good, unlike most other electric cars which have depreciated like a rock off a cliff meaning high ownership costs.

Renault ZE need shooting, the cars are ace, the dealers dreadful and Renault Customer Services need shutting down.  If they weren't I'd still be driving the Twizy or would have upgraded to a ZOE by now.

When driving electric, everything else looks and sounds so dated and dirty.  They just need to come down in price, sort a few niggles (AC/lighting reduces range), the network needs to be more usable cross-country rather than local schemes and the dealers need to get behind the cars, not try and put you off likes Renaults' dealers do.

Edited by mender
  • Like 1

I was surprised how good the electric cars are to drive, I had a "toy" one-a Renault Twizy and drove a few others.

I just loved the drivetrain; no noise unless flooring it and you get a pleasing turbine whine, no vibration, no smoke or smells and the no gears transmission is blindingly accurate as it works like a drill switch, the harder you press the faster it goes, ease off and it eases back off instantly with no slack or over-run making it super controllable on twisties and a doddle in traffic too, better than any other petrol/diesel/LPG/hybrid/manual or auto I've ever driven.

The BMWs can have the range-extender option so you can use it as a normal day to day car too, running costs are lowish and resale should be good, unlike most other electric cars which have depreciated like a rock off a cliff meaning high ownership costs.

Renault ZE need shooting, the cars are ace, the dealers dreadful and Renault Customer Services need shutting down.  If they weren't I'd still be driving the Twizy or would have upgraded to a ZOE by now.

When driving electric, everything else looks and sounds so dated and dirty.  They just need to come down in price, sort a few niggles (AC/lighting reduces range), the network needs to be more usable cross-country rather than local schemes and the dealers need to get behind the cars, not try and put you off likes Renaults' dealers do.

Ah, my comment came across differently to how I meant it to. Electric cars are a great idea, anything that pollutes less is a good thing (if it's done well), and I like the idea of having 100% torque as soon as you put your foot down. What bugs me is how so many car manufacturers have decided that electric cars are synonymous with 'quirky' (or as I would call it, sinfully ugly) aesthetics. The BMW is one of the worst offenders by far, the badge doesn't do it many favours either. Though I'm sure it's a decent car.

I think Tesla are on the right track - electric cars that actually look like normal cars. Because that's what they are. Cars... I can't be the only one thinking this, surely? 

If I had the money for one, and if as you say, the charging network was sorted, I'd 100% be driving an electric car by now, that is if there exists one that isn't totally daft... You know, like a normal car...

Edited by samj2013

Ah, my comment came across differently to how I meant it to. Electric cars are a great idea, anything that pollutes less is a good thing (if it's done well), and I like the idea of having 100% torque as soon as you put your foot down. What bugs me is how so many car manufacturers have decided that electric cars are synonymous with 'quirky' (or as I would call it, sinfully ugly) aesthetics. The BMW is one of the worst offenders by far, the badge doesn't do it many favours either. Though I'm sure it's a decent car.

I think Tesla are on the right track - electric cars that actually look like normal cars. Because that's what they are. Cars... I can't be the only one thinking this, surely? 

If I had the money for one, and if as you say, the charging network was sorted, I'd 100% be driving an electric car by now, that is if there exists one that isn't totally daft... You know, like a normal car...

We've got the Leaf which is like a Tiida, the Prius plug in, the ZOE and a few others which are quite normal.

I have a thing for quirky cars and tend to respect manufacturers who dare to be different, but each to their own!

Tesla are clever and are doing well; places like Norway have zero vat on them so they make great sense, over here we only get a £5000 grant-which did not apply on the Twizy, sadly.

We've got the Leaf which is like a Tiida, the Prius plug in, the ZOE and a few others which are quite normal.

I have a thing for quirky cars and tend to respect manufacturers who dare to be different, but each to their own!

Tesla are clever and are doing well; places like Norway have zero vat on them so they make great sense, over here we only get a £5000 grant-which did not apply on the Twizy, sadly.

Aye like you say, to each their own. The only electric car I've seen so far that I like the look of is the Tesla Model S. Perhaps I'm just stuck in the past! Doesn't help that most of the manufacturers you mention there (and seemingly most of the first to produce electric cars, though I notice VW have one now) are manufacturers whose cars I wouldn't ordinarily buy anyway.

Edited by samj2013

The comments about things like the magnolia Mist Wagon reminded me of about 1984 or so, one bloke near where I lived had a "hearing aid beige" "Datsun Bluebird" with a fitted and matching painted body kit on it!!

the body kitted, rusty, vw lupo with widest wheels and biggest exhaust iv seen not attach to a clapped out chav's civic, roaring his way thru traffic this morning.... Priceless. And no, it wasnt a gti

Two traffic cops stood at the side of the road with the vascar thing during a particularly hard period of the peeing down stuff. Didn't look too impressed.

• Like 1

Not driving - but cycling to work yesterday morning I came to a long queue of traffic on a main road in Preston, one of the busiest ones, especially in the rush hours. Looking ahead I could see the road blocked by two police cars, with another at the top of a bridge further ahead. The traffic was being diverted, the d tour isn't massive but it is through residential streets with cars parked either side, not ideal to try and flow hundreds of cars through.

Anyway as I got closer I thought to myself: "I think I'll be a pedestrian for a minute or so". Pushed my bike over the bridge, then continued on my way to work. Sorted. :thumbup:

JRJG

• Like 1