DIY Black upgrade kit..

Very easy to do both the mirror caps and surround.

All you need is one of these and some guts!

fba22c37d0daf1fb9ba3d3d567a44b36.jpg

The surround was off within a minute, unfortunately it's not salvageable doing it this way. Basically prize off one corner and then keep pulling. The guts bit is the sound of a new grill breaking and also potentially breaking the clip holders on the grill. All was ok in my case.l (apart from the grill)!

The mirror covers, prize the glass off and then simply unclip the two clips. You can see the White clips in photo. No need for unscrewing anything.

52b0525764863aad12260fa931254068.jpg

Result

3f3dcf0370812a5069dcd32977ede415.jpg

Got my bits from Skodadop at the weekend, popped mirror glass out, unclipped old ones, clipped in new ones, popped mirror glass back in. Easy.

Grille - I used a screwdriver to push down on the bottom clips and break them off (hit screwdriver with ball of hand), then pulled / levered the remaining bits off. Don't think I broke any clips on the car.

Before;

post-75777-0-23548700-1425312172_thumb.jpg

After;

post-75777-0-10114500-1425312198_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Is it possible to buy the black pack mirror covers ready painted from Skoda direct (not superskoda)? If so, please can someone advise the part number?

The parts manager at my dealer says he has not been asked about this before, and says he will need to order the mirror caps in unpainted and then paint them at the dealership?! Is this the only way to do it if I want to purchase the parts from Skoda direct?

Is it possible to buy the black pack mirror covers ready painted from Skoda direct (not superskoda)? If so, please can someone advise the part number?

The parts manager at my dealer says he has not been asked about this before, and says he will need to order the mirror caps in unpainted and then paint them at the dealership?! Is this the only way to do it if I want to purchase the parts from Skoda direct?

The SuperSkoda site and local Accessories leaflet has part# 5E0072530B.

I asked the same question a couple of months back, and yes.

I forgot to put a sheet on the ground (just in case) when I changed the coming home lights to LED, and of course the mirror cap slipped out of my hand as I removed it and dropped onto the ground which is all gritty, result scratched n/s mirror cover  :yawn: .

Went to the supplying dealer of my car and was quoted around £60 for the cap plus the painting when it arrives!

So the deal from Superskoda is the way forward at 39.99 euro for a pair.

I asked the same question a couple of months back, and yes.

I forgot to put a sheet on the ground (just in case) when I changed the coming home lights to LED, and of course the mirror cap slipped out of my hand as I removed it and dropped onto the ground which is all gritty, result scratched n/s mirror cover :yawn: .

Went to the supplying dealer of my car and was quoted around £60 for the cap plus the painting when it arrives!

So the deal from Superskoda is the way forward at 39.99 euro for a pair.

Every other site excluding UK has those covers. Here the irish version: http://www.skoda.ie/owners/accessories-and-merchandise

They are black, they don't need any painting locally. And they are not cheap.

Edited by Grumpy Finn

• 1 year later...

I've just replaced my mirror caps and chrome grille surround with the black magic set on my silver 1.4tsi combi. I did attempt to remove the surround in one piece but that soon failed after realising I couldn't get my Sausage fingers behind the grille, so in the end I pulled it off piece by piece. I'd like the black side decals next and I'd love to do something about the wheels. Maybe black or black & silver wheels but I'm not sure about going up a size to have to replace all the tyres. 

DSC_0169-01.jpeg

Black wheels on the O3 are a PITA

Superskoda has a sale on the Turini's ATM But, its still 699€ plus shipping & tyres

A decents refurb place should charge lessthan £400 to powder coat yours & you get to keepthe same tyres

The choice is yours

Black Gemini's look good though

20170509_150405.jpg

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just did the mirror covers in my lunch break, both sides done in about 5 minutes, it really it that simple! I used a plastic trim removal tool as that had the leverage to remove the mirror without damaging it and also used it to undo the 2 clips.

Next, the grille surround at the weekend :sweat:

Edited by Dave77