No more uniroyal rainsport 2 :(

dany2010

Uniroyals rainsport 2 is being discontinued apparently.

Continental has taken over. Black circles no longer show them for the fabia.

Kinda lost what to get next, will have to have a look.

Edit:sorry just seen the tyre section

Edited by dany2010

Maxis MA-Z1 is where its at now, fantastic dry grip and just as good in the wet!!

Mate runs them on the rear of his Supra too and struggles losing traction even pushing 400bhp

Uniroyals were only good cos of the price.

At £60 a corner rather than £100+ for everything else they made sense.

That said they do have a soft compound and super soft side walls to make sure they deliver on the sportiness in the rain that the name promises

• Like 2

Camskill (v rated only) and Mytyres are still selling them. They are still shown on Uniroyls website

http://www.uniroyal-tyres.co.uk/generator/www/uk/en/uniroyal/automobile/themes/02_products/01_rainsport2/rainsport2_en.html

However looking at the 'News' section it hasn't been updated for a while.

I have two on my Golf, these were just thrown on as the wheels I got the car on were damaged, I will be casting them off shortly as they have served a purpose.

They are 225-45-17 and have a repaired side wall as I got them from a part worn establishment, they do have 7mm of tread on them.

What did you go for Tom?

I went for Federal 595 RSR's mate, they're a semi slick kind of design more track focused. Absolutely superb in the dry, thought they would be awful in the wet but they have held up well. If I was going for full road tyres I would go for Eagle F1 Assymetric 2's or Maxxis MAZ1's as mentioned above.

I went for Federal 595 RSR's mate, they're a semi slick kind of design more track focused. Absolutely superb in the dry, thought they would be awful in the wet but they have held up well. If I was going for full road tyres I would go for Eagle F1 Assymetric 2's or Maxxis MAZ1's as mentioned above.

I have ordered these for the Golf, I get them on the 14th September, glad to hear they are impressing you.

No way :( nothing come near them for the price, I thought they were (are, still have 2 on now) fantastic tyres!

Hardly comparable to a set of semi slick track tyres though.

+1. Got a set of four in april, never had a problem with them. Looking forward to this weekends forecast downpour now :D

You won't be disappointed james ! ... I wasn't comparing the the two tyres Matt :) was just saying that my new ones are awesome, I thought the RS2's made the car feel like a boat, only had them on the front as well, made it even more understeery than it already is lol

There not really 'awesome' thow are they, they're average at best, soft sidewall lets them down massively.

Agreed with reservations... Certainly they do their best work in soaking conditions. Arguably, one shouldn't trying for 10/10th on the road, but even so, they do feel soft/squidgy. Entertaining on the back if you have tough sidewalls on the front though. :)

Guest BigJase88

Heres one for you....

Lassa Phenoma's

Basically a bridgestone at a cheaper price!

They are as good as anything i've tried and they are reasonably priced :)

• 3 weeks later...

im going for Eagle F1 Assymetric 2's when the weather starts to turn, keeping my federal's for warm weather

Went for the Assymetric 2s. Impressed so far.

I have come from some bad tyres but these grip really well. Expecting wheel slip like I got from my old tyres and it doesn't happen.

Went round a mini round about the other night when it was empty. Started to accelerate of a exit and realised i didn't want to go that way. Almost fully turned the wheel expecting under steer and it just drove round. Never had enough grip before to the the car To lean that much.

Edited by dany2010