Paint Touch up Pen

Has anyone come across anywhere that sells a touch up pen for meteor grey?

I've had a quick google but can't find any. I've also not tried the dealer yet as I thought I'd look for a price online first before I ask at the dealership and they want a silly price for one.

Thanks

Mike

From experience with my mkII the dealer is cheaper than halfords and you have the reassurance it'll be an exact match, so it's a win win. I got some mixed on site stuff from halfords and it wasn't even close (race blue) so went and got some from the dealer and was very surprised to get change from a tenner. OE all the way for me!

Got my antracite grey one in dealers. €9 and at least it will be a perfect match.

From past experience touch up pens never match the original colour. I got an anthracite pen from the dealer when I bought my present Octy & used it on a couple of stone chips & the colour match is nowhere near. Probably the car paint "weathers" whereas the touch up doesn't.

£10 from the dealer for the two part kit.

The rallye green I used is a perfect colour match and you get a lacquer stick to go with it.

Thanks for the info guys.

Think I'll just ask next time I'm in the dealership as I do want a genuine Skoda one. Just hope my dealer knows anything about them and show a bit of interest as tbh I can't say they have been very convincing at much else. Once i placed the order I've had no contact come from their end and they never seem to return calls unless i start to get a little irate, does make me wonder why we've spent £45k with them. They are lucky I knew what I wanted without having to rely on them.

• 1 month later...

Got a touch up for my silver vRS yesterday from my dealer as I have a chip on the edge if my bonnet, I must say I'm mega impressed by how well it matches. Not using the clear coat though as I've always found in the past it makes the chips stand out more as it makes them shiny.

I have trimmed the brush down though as it was far too wide to use for small chips.

Edited by Neily03

Given up with the dealer stuff, last three (non metallic) have been like cold treacle, even after being 'shaken but not stirred' and further warmed a little; leave a right mess.

Expensive but I now use this stuff;

http://www.chipex.co.uk/?gclid=CP_A4vuZxroCFSbHtAodKVQAnA

Not quite up to the manufactures claims from my own experience but a lot neater finish.

TP

I always use the original paint stick, I've had to touch a couple of chips in(non metallic). Make sure chip dry and clean. Add paint, leave to go hard (left mine for two weeks). Polish back. The chips are almost gone now. So for less than ten pounds, some time and elbow grease, it's pretty good in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Thanks useful to see how others have got on. I have spotted a couple of stone chips on Vin and am gonna go for dealer touch up paint

Placed an order for mine ,being delivered with mudflaps from   Ireland at no extra charge.

Hurry Lady and drop an e-mail to  Henry .

They isues me with a special purchase code for te touch up before dispatching my flaps.

• Like 1