Video Suzuki Jimny vs Land Rover Defender.

Ootohere

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's so sad that Suzuki have such a big/little hit on it's hands with the Jimny and now more or less have to withdraw it from sale in the EU. It beggars belief that they didn't figure its high emissions might cause a major headache for the company. Let's hope that either there is a domestic retro fit for the company vehicle version they seem to be thinking of selling instead and that they hurry up with a fix for the engine. 

I've not bothered to post links for this as just about every major online automotive site seems to be covering it and I am sure you all visit many of them at some point. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I suppose because it's a light car (under 1,150kg) its emissions of between 154-170gm/km co2 are high considering my 1,627kg Superb produces 161gm/km and combined economy of 39.8mpg (NEDC) and my car is actually averaging 37.8mpg despite being huge compared to the Suzuki (both are 4WD also). Just like to say I like the look of the Jimny.

It just gets worse. If this article is to be believed then the Jimny won't get a new engine and so will not be coming back to the Eu except in commercial form. Just what we need, another fun small and lightweight car bites the dust to possibly have it's spot possibly taken by an overweight leviathan, electric PC-mobile😞 

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/01/suzuki-jimny-might-leave-europe-for-good-as-it-wont-get-cleaner-new-engine/

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They deduct points from our licenses here as well!

He may have claimed to have wanted to cross the motorway but was never going to be able to make the turn at the top.

• 2 weeks later...

If he is not going offroad and does not need the good points of it being an offroader then do not just make videos for the sake of 'Working from home' if you can.

He commented on the lack of on road handling then contradicts himself talking about the lift and the offroad tyres which will not improve it onroad so do compromise the onroad dynamics.

It makes them 'interesting'.

He should leave it to Jonny Smith and others and do some more roadtesting & vlogging like Shmee you has freedom to roam and drive because he is 'a director of a company' so needs to bop about.

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot
  • Like 1

I agree about modding the Jimny. If you want a bigger car, don't buy a Jimny, if you want a fast car, don't buy a Jimny, if you want more ground clearance on your Jimny you need a bigger circumference of the wheel/tyre. Basically he wanted a different car it seems....perhaps he should have got a secondhand G-Wagon after all. 😞 

• Like 1

Seen my first (new) Jimny yesterday, in Silver.  TBH I thought it looked very smart.  Nothing fussy just looked a little work horse.  

I didn't realise Lada had followed suit with a refreshed 4x4.  George, have you seen this?: 

2020-lada-4x4-russian-spec-1.jpg?itok=hP

I used to bomb around in the much earlier version - NIVA  (I think it might have been a 1.5 litre?) as a good friend that lived at the end of the village had one. Brilliant times, 17 years old -us, not the car, loads of countryside, recently vacated coal mines and slag heaps, plus all the snow in winter (we were around 800-1,000 foot up so that helped). We used to make £5 a time for pulling cars and vans out of hedges in winter 😆

Edited by Lady Elanore